Help For Visarun In Penang

cekipa

Hi everybody,

has anyone any ideas on what is the best way to get to Penang from Phuket ?

Thanks for help :o

Cekipa

I'm doing it myself next Sunday....Aircon bus to Had Yai from Phuket town main bus terminal around 9.00am. Get off the bus and straight on to a minibus to Georgetown Penang. It's that simple. PM me if you need more info

Good luck

GeoffPhuket

Hi everybody,

has anyone any ideas on what is the best way to get to Penang from Phuket ?

Thanks for help :o

Cekipa

done this a few times now . Penang is a s*** hole in my humble opinion . Need to get in and out asap. To do this

Bus from Phuket to hadyai approx 400 Baht ( take the 6is bus to get Hadyai 3am)

Taxi meter to Georgetown approx 2000 Baht ( arrives embassy around 10am)

Passport in

A day and night in the Soho Bar

Collect passport

Mini bus to had yai

Bus back Phuket

48 hrs done and dusted

Maybe if youre going Geoff hook up with each other share the cost ( then not much more than the mini bus but more importantly save 24hrs in Penang!)

Just my opinion

there is also an organised "visa run" service as well. Leaves Phuket Sunday night (late), Monday night hotel in Penang, Arrive Phuket late tuesday. Not done it yet as I think I am gonna get the 12mth extension rather than a new non b but the price is 6500 Baht inc trip to the embassy etc when you're there

• 1 year later...

I have to disagree with a certain opinion - from a historical point of view Penang has much more going for it & whilst it doesn't come close to Phuket marine wise, I think the National Park land in the interior is better. If your in to cycling as I am, I find that the Western side of Penang is if not better, certainly a much safer experience than Phuket.

Everywhere has it's pros and cons, it's often a personal thing, so from my point of view, I must strongly disagree that Penang is a sh_it hole.

Edited by ClaytonSeymour