Website building software

bubblegum

have you considered using a site theme template and then simply filling in your own content (with in-built html editors)? There are loads of very good quality premium templates to buy on the web, There are also free ones, but they may be unsupported and not updated - which is why I'd sooner spend $20 to $60 on a theme. All the design work is done for you, they're often responsive (which means they'll look good on mobile browsers too) You can simply customize them by howwever much you need, adjust the colours, fonts, layouts and of course add the actual content. Wordpress is the most popular and easiest content management system to work with.

There are ways to build and run a wordpress style site offline, i.e 'local host' on your harddrive although I've never done it that way myself to be honest. You'd need some extra software (for example: WAMP). More details given here

I tried a DIY house building kit once that I found online, seemed good but the roof collapsed the first time it rained and the cardboard disintegrated leaving a pile of mush.

Now I go to the professionals for important things that I don't fully understand.

Steer clear of wix, locks you into their sub-standard rental system.

If you are asking these questions wordpress is probably the answer, it is user friendly, but for best results get someone to build it for you and then you can maintain it going forward.

I did a simple one on Go-Daddy and deeply regretted it soon after. Building the site itself was very frustrating but since it was my first time, more my fault than theirs. Once up, nothing but an endless stream of Go-Daddy spam..."Upgrade this!", "Add on that", "Build your traffic!"...blah...blah... blah!!

Even taking it down was a PIA!: generated even more spam!

Avoid.

Wordpress is a good starter.

So long as your webhost takes security very seriously/proactively, and you are very diligent about updates (and conversely, have the kungfu needed to solve the plugin compatibility issues that always arise after WP core updates) wink.png

Edited by IMHO

@OP: If you're happy/comfortable using Wix, why do you want to get a desktop website editor?

If you just want a local copy of your Wix Site, there are several "site sucker" style apps that can make a locally runnable version for you.

its good to know to such information and also include to know about the servers on were your web data and informationa or content is going to be stored.

Being informatic to practicular topic or conceptual model is a good future tracking over your website.