Breaking out in pimples around stomach and sides

koochie

If they itch and you find yourself trying not to scratch them, my money is on prickly heat caused by humidity. Wear loose-fitting clothes and apply liberal doses of St Lukes Prickly Heat powder. It's soothing and should clear up the problem quickly. Use a gentle soap with moisturiser. I use Dove.

If this doesn't help, see a dermatologist who will check for allergies.

Yes Sheryl! I forgot to note that as well. Shingles appears to show up as a very red rash on one side. What I have is a sea of pimples on both sides and across my stomach - and they don't burn or itch. Anyhow it also seems that people with shingles and herpes are more from a drug use / multiple sexual partners crowd and I don't belong to either. Anyhow, I'm off to the clinic Monday so will keep all enquiring minds notified! Happy holidays!

..... it also seems that people with shingles and herpes are more from a drug use / multiple sexual partners crowd ...

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

Hardly. Some types of herpes yes but not the type that causes shingles, that is herpes zoster AKA chickenpox and the folks that get it are simply those who had chickenpox as kids and are now on the wrong side of 50 years of age, or for some reason immunosuppressed...

It is a disease of advancing age, which is indignity enough, but nothing to do with drugs or sex....

(I'm currently suffering a bout of shingles so excuse a little touchiness on the topic!) .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...