PM Prayut rides high-speed train in China

webfact

"...... 30 minutes for the 120 kilometer-ride at over 300 kilometers/hour......"

Do the Math

DepartsArrivesDuration2nd Class Seat Fares(CNY Yuan)1st Class Seat Fares(CNY Yuan)Business Class or Special Class Seat Fares(CNY Yuan)D2001Beijing West7:10amTaiyuan10:31am3 h 21m152217-G601Beijing West7:35amTaiyuan10:20am2 h 45m194285605G91Beijing West8:30amTaiyuan11:00am2 h 30m194285364G603Beijing West9:15amTaiyuan12:08pm2 h 53m194285605G605Beijing West10:15amTaiyuan1:07pm2 h 52m194285605G607Beijing West11:32amTaiyuan2:17pm2 h 45m194285605D2003Beijing West1:19pmTaiyuan4:46pm3 h 27m152217-G609Beijing West3:08pmTaiyuan6:03pm2 h 55m194285364D2005Beijing West3:29pmTaiyuan6:43pm3 h 14m152217-G611Beijing West5:00pmTaiyuan7:54pm2 h 54m194285605G613Beijing West5:56pmTaiyuan8:43pm2 h 47m194285605G615Beijing West8:21pmTaiyuan11:13pm2 h 52m194285605

Google is always there for you.

Try Baidu instead ...because the train he took was from Beijing to Tianjin and not Taiyuan.

Beijing , Shanghai , Chongqing , Tianjin and Guangzhou are the 5 mega metropolitan areas of China.

And yes I take that train journey regularly and is 30 mins and the photo is a regular first class cabin although I didn't get those cups but the hostess walking through the carriage is pretty and matches the Nok Air girls and yes they speak English and there is an English ticket counter with modern terminals and waiting areas

If he were allowed to travel to Europe, he could take a high-speed train ride there, too. :)

lol, he went to Europe few weeks ago, and he is still allowed there, not many European country have high speed train , we don't have it in Scandinavia, you are just a loser, love to bashing.
  • Like 1

"...... 30 minutes for the 120 kilometer-ride at over 300 kilometers/hour......"

Do the Math

You are aware that the train starts from nought kph then will reach its full speed before it slows back down before stopping ?

Or maybe he jumped on as it was going past the station at 300kph

• Like 2

If he were allowed to travel to Europe, he could take a high-speed train ride there, too. :)

He is allowed to travel to Europe. He was just in Spain - maybe that's not in Europe, on planet tbthailand...

I have no doubt that as soon as Thailand gets serious about building high-speed trans, the French and the Germans will be right there, bidding....

lol, he went to Europe few weeks ago, and he is still allowed there, not many European country have high speed train , we don't have it in Scandinavia, you are just a loser, love to bashing.

See, the problem with people like tbthailand is that when his lies get so easily debunked, his credibility in pretty much everything else he claims suffers.

Of course, a recovery of credibility would be possible just admitting that he made a mistake or that he was wrong - but we know that won't happen. Instead, ever more ridiculous scenarios are offered, further eroding any hopes of credibility he might have had. Amusing, actually - all you need to do is challenge him or those like him, to provide sources.

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

Do the Math

What is wrong?

A train doesn't accelerate in 1 second from 0 to 300 and hold the speed exactly. There might been even a stop.

It will take about 3km to speed up and the same to slow down. Taking that into account average speed would be about 250 kph. Tianjin line was one of the first built , I didn't work on it but people in the company did, it had reduced speed on parts of it , poor quality, They may have taken this run up to 300 as the PM was on it

EDIT-Apologies , Stopping distance is about 6k

Edited by ExPratt

Do the Math

Actually takes 29 minutes and the fastest I've experienced on that route is 315 Km/Hr. They post the train's current speed for all to see on display LED's in the train. They don't wing it up to full speed until they're out of town.

Nothing wrong with the math.

• Like 1

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

Do the Math

Actually takes 29 minutes and the fastest I've experienced on that route is 315 Km/Hr. They post the train's current speed for all to see on display LED's in the train. They don't wing it up to full speed until they're out of town.

How long did you hit 315 for 15 minutes ? Average speed is about 250

Do the Math

Rather than try to argue the mechanics of the speed ...I guess the more important point is they can actually get to that speed and bring passengers daily in 29-30 minutes which is an engineering feat considering they started with antique rail way systems less than 15 years ago

So in terms of delivering what they promised , China can actually offer Thailand a glimpse of the future.

I was just on the train from Bangkok to ayuttaya and while 25 baht and 3 hours sounds fun sometimes ...for a tourist on a day trip , it will make a massive difference for the folks coming in the city for work if they can get here in 20-30 mins instead

Edited by LawrenceChee
  • Like 1

Do the Math

Rather than try to argue the mechanics of the speed ...I guess the more important point is they can actually get to that speed and bring passengers daily in 29-30 minutes which is an engineering feat considering they started with antique rail way systems less than 15 years ago

So in terms of delivering what they promised , China can actually offer Thailand a glimpse of the future.

I was just on the train from Bangkok to ayuttaya and while 25 baht and 3 hours sounds fun sometimes ...for a tourist on a day trip , it will make a massive difference for the folks coming in the city for work if they can get here in 20-30 mins instead

I wasn't actually trying to have an argument , I've worked constructing High speed rail In Taiwan and china. My company were technical advisors to MOR building the Tianjing line and I know there are problems with some areas that have permanent speed restriction, Hence the "Math" comment

I also worked on the recent Malaysia double tracking project so I know what a dilapidated railway looks like , service so bad you may be waiting at a station for 4 hours. No doubt the new work will improve the service but I would say the Chinese Northern route Nong Khai to Korat will carry a lot of freight

I live in Ayutthaya by the way

• Like 1

Is that his mother or his wife in the photo?

I think it is his mother.

It is certainly not his wife. His family have generally kept a very low profile, particularly after a red shirt leader called for his twin daughters' kidnapping.

Holy crap, the topic could be 'Manufacture of urinals in Canada' and I bet you would still find a way to link it to the red shirts!

Help is available for OCD - Don't be shy...

True, but on the flip side, they moved the Beijing end of that line 20-30 minutes (by taxi) further from the center of town and the airport.

The subway runs right through the new South train station, but it's so crowded that it can take 2-3 (or more) trains passing before you can actually get on one

So, going from 60 MPH trains to 200 MPH trains didn't net any time savings at all- and costs significantly more, especially considering the additional time and $$$ spent on a taxi.

I guess somewhere among the folks at the platform there we may have seen each other ....

Hahaha, i have not used the train service here and probably won't. My wife either drives me to Bangkok or Bus to Mo chit. Hopefully if these new Railways are built properly they should be a valuable asset, however if they are chucked in like many railways in this part of the world , the durability, usually 60 to 80 years is affected and a fortune spent constantly renewing and maintaining. Tianjin line mentioned before iirc is supposedly 90 years and they ave speed restrictions on it before it even opened

True, but on the flip side, they moved the Beijing end of that line 20-30 minutes (by taxi) further from the center of town and the airport.

The subway runs right through the new South train station, but it's so crowded that it can take 2-3 (or more) trains passing before you can actually get on one

So, going from 60 MPH trains to 200 MPH trains didn't net any time savings at all- and costs significantly more, especially considering the additional time and $$$ spent on a taxi.

When they build new stations its all part of the carve up between Government and Construction companies. Put the station outside the town , buy all the land around it , sell it off to Hotels bars and restaurants as well as apartments right next to the new station

There was a scathing report a couple years ago about the massive corruption surrounding China's high speed trains.

Politicians deciding where stations were built & requiring specifications to make the project more expensive than necessary.

Good information for the Thai Junta.

The irony that the detractors don't seem to grasp, is that Prayuth and his posse are actually in a position to make high speed rail a reality in Thailand - with positive economic ramifications for decades to come.

The rail line should have happened years ago, but the SRT is a shoddly run state enterprise. The time is finally here and it does connect a great Chinese city with south east Asia. Having a non elected government sign the deal is worrisome as there will be no oversight. Still the time has come

The irony that the detractors don't seem to grasp, is that Prayuth and his posse are actually in a position to make high speed rail a reality in Thailand - with positive economic ramifications for decades to come.

The rail line should have happened years ago, but the SRT is a shoddly run state enterprise. The time is finally here and it does connect a great Chinese city with south east Asia. Having a non elected government sign the deal is worrisome as there will be no oversight. Still the time has come

As opposed to the lack of oversight under prior governments, and the shoddy oversight under the SRT?

If anything looks to me like there's a better chance of this happening, AND preventing fingers in the honeypot now, than otherwise.

• Like 1

If he were allowed to travel to Europe, he could take a high-speed train ride there, too. smile.png

Has Europe offered to build a railway network in Thailand.

If they have not why would he waste government money to travel there?

"tb" was trying to suggest that Prayuth wasn't allowed to travel to Europe to try out their trains, and that he got a special exemption to visit a summit in Italy.

All total BS, but good propaganda value for him.

• Like 2

If the previous PTP government was still in power there would STILL be no transparency or oversight.

With the current government there could well be oversight and transparency and why shouldn't there be.

Detractors may think that the Construction will benefit the construction companies and local "Politicians", whilst the money "For the people" wound be better spent on Hospital , schools and teachers. China will benefit because they will be barreling as much freight down it as they can. Nothing for ordinary people here

If he were allowed to travel to Europe, he could take a high-speed train ride there, too. smile.png

If you don't have high speed trains in Scandinavia, that is not the point.

The French and the Germans both have systems that stretch across the continent. Not to mention, the French trains which run at 160 km/h are 40 years old.

And yeah, I'm not impressed by this self-appointed PM and what he represents. No secret there.

Edit:

I had read about the suspended official visits between the EU and Thailand at the time of the summit and how that was an exception. I misunderstood this to be a ban on travel for the 'NCPO' - that is not the case so my previous posts were wrong.

It would appear that the 'PM' would be able to travel to Europe if he wanted to. My bad.

Edited by tbthailand
  • Like 2

you missed the fact that was an exception for travel to the EU for that summit.

And if you don't have high speed trains in Scandinavia, that is not the point.

The French and the Germans both have systems that stretch across the continent. Not to mention, the French trains which run at 160 km/h are 40 years old.

And yeah, I'm not impressed by this self-appointed PM and what he represents. No secret there.

Are you still going on about him being banned from Europe, even after I showed you an article that said he wasn't?