New Year gifts roll out now as part of giving happiness to the Thai people

webfact

New Year gifts roll out now as part of giving happiness to the people

12-25-2014-11-05-49-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The government is now working with the private sector to give the Thai people a New Year’s gift which will start from December 30 onward.

The joint project between the government and the private sector is to provide consumer products at a great discount between 24-30 December for the Thai people in celebration of the coming New Year.

The objective of the event is to bring some joy and relief as well as reduce the current social tension and a kind of financial assistance for Thais. Negotiation was made with wholesalers, retailers, department stores and several local grocery stores to offer a number discounted items at discount to as much as 70% nationwide.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha said the discounted products are a New Year gift to the Thai people.

He said “There are a number of items that will be offered at a great discount for a limited period. There are several so-called gifts for the Thai people. The government is planning all forms of support, short, mid and long term policies. We’ve been hard at work all this time.”

The first of the expedited strategies was the formation of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) and the current government, he said .

The second phase after our first year in the government is the planned reform which is an on-going process, he added in the opening of the campaign yesterday.

Meanwhile director-general of the Department of Foreign Trade Mr Boonrit Kalatanimitr warned stores to ensure that the discounted items must not be goods that expired or about to expire.

His warning came after he inspected the discounted goods offered within 7-Eleven and Central Department Store in Chaengwattana to ensure that items offered were of good quality.

He also inspected the cost and prices of goods to ensure that products are indeed being offered at discount especially since the price of petrol has been reduced quite significantly.

Transport minister Air Chief Marshal Prajin Juntong yesterday ordered public service centres on the various expressways to cater to the expected exodus of people who will be flooding roads nationwide for their New Year holiday trip effective from 24 December 2014 to 4 January 2015.

Among the services offered are free engine check-ups, air re-fill for tires, battery fluid and even items such as water, cold cloth, snacks and highway maps.

The Expressway Authority of Thailand (EXAT) is also chipping-in to the festivities and offering free expressway access of the Burapavithee Motorway as of midnight of 26 December 2014 until 4 January 2015.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/new-year-gifts-roll-now-part-giving-happiness-people

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-12-25

• Like 1

New Year gifts for the Thai people!!

As per usual the many expats and the millions of migrant workers are ignored!!

Seems like the powers don't get, that without those two groups of people the the country would come to a halt!!

Good to see that this governement has succesfully weeded out those populist tactics.

... which cost the taxpayer's billions of Baht. Good to involve the private sector instead.

You mean they just give because they are so generous and not because they will get tax deductions ?

Yearly New Year clearance sale!!

Google translate:

"Returning happiness to the people"

I refuse to believe, that a single Thai person is buying into that nonsense!!

Oh Thais buy it. Shops even have to put limits on the number of items a person may purchase rolleyes.gif

Good to see that this governement has succesfully weeded out those populist tactics.

... which cost the taxpayer's billions of Baht. Good to involve the private sector instead.

You mean they just give because they are so generous and not because they will get tax deductions ?

Do they?

If the management of a supermarket or a shopping mall were to point out they do this sort of thing every year would they be hauled off for Attitude Adjustment ?

Now Now you are being negative. This Prayuth guy is making ground breaking changes to the world. Not only are Thais reaping the rewards of Thailand lowing the world oil prices as a new years gift but other countries are benifiting and following his leadership with these sales. Starting tomorrow in Australia (Boxing Day) stores are following Thailands lead and have huge sales until January 1st to clear old stock. This sort of thing is a first and dear leader will go down in World history for this.

This guy really looks down on, farts on and treat Thai people like idiots. If he wants to be a leader then treat people with respect and dignity and not treat them like fools.

Nice One clap2.gif

• Like 2

If the management of a supermarket or a shopping mall were to point out they do this sort of thing every year would they be hauled off for Attitude Adjustment ?

Now Now you are being negative. This Prayuth guy is making ground breaking changes to the world. Not only are Thais reaping the rewards of Thailand lowing the world oil prices as a new years gift but other countries are benifiting and following his leadership with these sales. Starting tomorrow in Australia (Boxing Day) stores are following Thailands lead and have huge sales until January 1st to clear old stock. This sort of thing is a first and dear leader will go down in World history for this.

This guy really looks down on, farts on and treat Thai people like idiots. If he wants to be a leader then treat people with respect and dignity and not treat them like fools.

"This guy really looks down on, farts on and treat Thai people like idiots. If he wants to be a leader then treat people with respect and dignity and not treat them like fools. "

For a moment I thought you were talking about Thaksin, but that would be off topic, now wouldn't it?

So, either he (i.e. the current PM) does and Thais are idiots enough to like it, or he doesn't and treats them with dignity.

"This guy really looks down on, farts on and treat Thai people like idiots. If he wants to be a leader then treat people with respect and dignity and not treat them like fools. "

For a moment I thought you were talking about Thaksin, but that would be off topic, now wouldn't it?

So, either he (i.e. the current PM) does and Thais are idiots enough to like it, or he doesn't and treats them with dignity.

The current P.M definitely does not treat his "People" with dignity, he treats them like idiots, looks down on them and demands respect of the highest order.

Thaksin is a wanted man and a piece of excrement but that doesn't make the current tool a God.

Wait, wait, wait I have an old thaksin card that hasn't been used. I win and its called slam. Thaksin I hate and he is old history and no bearing on the current ruler.

Well, if so please explain how the PM treats Thai 'like idiots', 'without respect'. Examples of 'looking down on them', 'demanding respect of highest order'?

You mean that's how a democratically elected president would do it?

From the WashingtonTimes article the link points to

"Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro decided to fight the country’s high inflation and shortage of basic goods by forcing an electronics store to lower prices — at gunpoint — and threatening other businesses with the same practice if they don’t follow suit."

"“This is for the good of the nation,” Mr. Maduro said in the report. “Leave nothing on the shelves, nothing in the warehouses. … Let nothing remain in stock!”

Edited by rubl

Why is the DG of the Dept of Foreign Trade inspecting stores. Also, for him to be issuing warnings to stores there must be either a big stick involved to comply or a big carrot being used be it some sort of subsidy or tax break - if this was purely a request from the govt for the stores to make people happy then why the need for enforcement?

Well, if so please explain how the PM treats Thai 'like idiots', 'without respect'. Examples of 'looking down on them', 'demanding respect of highest order'?

Was it not just the other day he had some reporter on his knees in front of him, and he was massaging his ears. Not sure about you (well i am sure you would enjoy it), but i would find that a bit disrespectful as would most fully grown males with a pair between their legs.

• Like 1

"Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro decided to fight the country’s high inflation and shortage of basic goods by forcing an electronics store to lower prices — at gunpoint — and threatening other businesses with the same practice if they don’t follow suit."

"“This is for the good of the nation,” Mr. Maduro said in the report. “Leave nothing on the shelves, nothing in the warehouses. … Let nothing remain in stock!”

"You mean that's how a democratically elected president would do it?"

No, I mean that's how an incompetent leader would do it.

Was it not just the other day he had some reporter on his knees in front of him, and he was massaging his ears. Not sure about you (well i am sure you would enjoy it), but i would find that a bit disrespectful as would most fully grown males with a pair between their legs.

Did the PM have a grown man on his knees? Usually it's just a grandchild or so, just like Santa with Christmas gifts.

For your information, I'm a bit too old to sit on someones knees and old enough to have grandchildren and the like sit on my knees.

As for having someone sitting on his knees in front of one, well that's Thai culture which to foreigners seems strange or even demeaning. What's next, complaining that the PM hardly ever shakes hands, but have people 'wai' him?

Well, you wanted democracy, the right of the electorate to choose incompetent leaders.

Anyway, the topic is Newyear Gifts, not incompetent leaders who are democratically elected.

Did the PM have a grown man on his knees? Usually it's just a grandchild or so, just like Santa with Christmas gifts.

For your information, I'm a bit too old to sit on someones knees and old enough to have grandchildren and the like sit on my knees.

As for having someone sitting on his knees in front of one, well that's Thai culture which to foreigners seems strange or even demeaning. What's next, complaining that the PM hardly ever shakes hands, but have people 'wai' him?

Having someone on their knees in front of you and stroking their ear is not Thai Culturecheesy.gif

• Like 2

Having someone on their knees in front of you and stroking their ear is not Thai Culturecheesy.gif

You would know of course rolleyes.gif

BTW you wondered "was it not just the other day ...", did you already refresh your memory to give us anxiously sitting on the edge of our chair more details? Was it "massaging', 'stroking', 'pulling' or just wasn't it?

Well, you wanted democracy, the right of the electorate to choose incompetent leaders.

Anyway, the topic is Newyear Gifts, not incompetent leaders who are democratically elected.

"Well, you wanted democracy, the right of the electorate to choose incompetent leaders."

Do you think military coups result in competent leadership? Evidence suggests otherwise.

"Anyway, the topic is Newyear Gifts, not incompetent leaders who are democratically elected."

Quite right, why did you bring up the subject of democratically elected leaders?

"Well, you wanted democracy, the right of the electorate to choose incompetent leaders."

Do you think military coups result in competent leadership? Evidence suggests otherwise.

"Anyway, the topic is Newyear Gifts, not incompetent leaders who are democratically elected."

Quite right, why did you bring up the subject of democratically elected leaders?

What does the below have to do with this subject?

"Do you think military coups result in competent leadership? Evidence suggests otherwise."