Extension of stay based on marriage: Photo requirements

Yesterday, I went to Chaeng Wattana to get my 17th extension of stay based on marriage.

As usual, I brought 2 photos with my wife, one inside the house and one outside showing the house number.

The officer told me that it was not acceptable anymore.

She wanted 4 photos including some with our 15 year old daughter.

I had to go again today to give her the 2 missing photos.

This information may be useful for people who are going to do their yearly extension.

Good update. When I did marriage extension in Udon, I always gave them 4 pictures, one outside the front gate (with house number), one at the front door showing interior, one in the living room and one with us all sitted on the bed in the bedroom. Each one also included NL Jr. Although a rather arcane requirement by some offices, I never found it too invasive but made sure that it was a completely new suite of photos each year.

Good update. When I did marriage extension in Udon, I always gave them 4 pictures, one outside the front gate (with house number), one at the front door showing interior, one in the living room and one with us all sitted on the bed in the bedroom. Each one also included NL Jr. Although a rather arcane requirement by some offices, I never found it too invasive but made sure that it was a completely new suite of photos each year.

Same for me NL....just done mine in Kap Choeng and provided same pics as you....and I also take new pics each year

Edited by mxyzptlk

Same for me NL....just done mine in Kap Choeng and provided same pics as you....and I also take new pics each year

Same here but its crazy.. bed pictures.

Last 2 years they came in checking the bedroom. I find that a bit invasive to be honest. But that is the fun of living in Thailand people in power messing with you.

I did my usual 1 year extn based on marriage yesterday and I submitted 4 photo's which I've been required to do for the last 6 years at Amnat Chareon, 2 for my application and 2 to go with the supporting parallel application (Thai wife). It seems to be the usual story of different requirements at different offices etc ...

BTW they have never seemed to bother if the pictures are of outside or inside in my own experience but I take both just in case.

They dropped the sitting on bed photo I think two years back. Now they want to see open wardrobe, As far as I know it has always been 4 pictures.

Maybe YOUR local Immigration office puts more emphasis on clothes in wardrobes over bottoms sitting on beds but that is NOT a universal change. Edited by NanLaew

Same here but its crazy.. bed pictures.

Last 2 years they came in checking the bedroom. I find that a bit invasive to be honest. But that is the fun of living in Thailand people in power messing with you.

That would piss me off, coming round and having a look in the bedroom. During my Udon tenure, they never came to check and now that I have switched to retirement, the buggers never have to.

This month at Khon Kaen Immigration we gave 6 photos - one of us with the house number, one sitting at the front of the house, 2 in the garden with the dogs, one at MrsL's birthday celebration and one at my stepson's wedding including the happy couple, her parents and myself & MrsL. Different pictures every year, though.

Extension was approved with no questions whatsoever.

I don't think we've ever given them any bedroom shots in our 5 years of renewals.

I often wonder whether the IOs have some input along the lines of "this couple is definitely genuine", "that couple's a bit dodgy" when sending the papers to Korat (in our case) for approval so that scrutiny might be a bit more rigourous for some..