Koh Tao murder trial rescheduled

Lite Beer

Aspects of this case below are similar to the above topic.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/09/02/red-bull-heir-sought-by-police-after-no-show-at-indictment-over-fatal-hit-and-run/

'It is the sixth time Vorayuth’s indictment has been postponed since he allegedly slammed his Ferrari into a police officer at high speed and dragged his body down a Bangkok street last September. Police traced oil streaks to his family’s estate in a nearby wealthy neighbourhood, but a local police superintendent initially attempted to cover up the heir’s involvement by arresting a bogus suspect.'

Surely not? Would the RTP actually cover up and arrest a bogus subject?

'The case created an uproar among Thais because of the widespread perception that the rich and well-connected enjoy impunity from punishment for wrongdoing.'

Edited by stephen terry
  • Like 1

Much as I hate to respond to aleg.

There is very good word around that Hannah was not killed at the beach. She was placed or staged at the beach after the fact. Though she was hit with the hoe at the beach, does not mean all of the crime occurred there. It may be that David discovered them placing her . that's why he was attacked. Still no matter which way you look at it. There were more than 2.

Exactly my point BT. These witnesses - did they vanish into the ether after 1am? Was the beach deserted at the time of the crime? No one 'people watching'? No one talking, chatting, smoking, drinking, laughing etc? There must have been noise, music, arguments, screams, etc.

To assume only 2 victims and 2 suspects were the only ones present at the silent crime scene stretches any reasonable person's credibility.

There is no need to speculate or tax the imagination, the crime happened at the end of the beach, behind large boulders at a time very few people are awake.

I'd go further to suggest several persons at the crime scene have been given protection by the RTP, who are hell-bent in convicting the two Burmese. Why, when the whole scenario just doesn't fit their indictment? It is more probable to any logical thinking person that Thai thugs are involved, and are being sheltered.

I repeat - if the B2 were involved, with up to 60 prosecution witnesses (among those, island police), they would have been marched into the police command the following day. It's inconceivable to think otherwise.

You may be assuming too much about what the prosecution witnesses are going to say. In some cases, that is probably still under discussion, but I would guess much of the testimony is going to be pretty innocuous:

• I saw the accused playing guitar and drinking near the crime scene at 1:00 am
  • I was present when the accused purchased cigarettes
  • etc.
I would not be surprised if they bring someone in to claim they saw the Burmese kids smashing the phone, but we shall wait and see on that.

Exactly my point BT. These witnesses - did they vanish into the ether after 1am? Was the beach deserted at the time of the crime? No one 'people watching'? No one talking, chatting, smoking, drinking, laughing etc? There must have been noise, music, arguments, screams, etc.

To assume only 2 victims and 2 suspects were the only ones present at the silent crime scene stretches any reasonable person's credibility.

She was last seen at 2:58. I think her and David were found at 5:00. The time for everything to have happened was actually very short.

It is thought that she was attacked in a room and at least unconscious before being taken to the beach.

Can anybody link me to the time they were found.

To the RTP apologists here who blindly believe in whatever garbage the RTP present, please explain the following to me:

The B2 were in addition to the more serious charges also charged with illegal entry.

During the hearing on the 26th the defense presented a copy of Zaw Lin's passport, proving that he was in Thailand legally.

So in the 100% perfect "investigation, police had failed to check something as simple as the accused's passport!!

Makes you wonder how solid the rest of the RTP/prosecutor's case is!!

The judge probably postponed the case for 8 months, to give the police time to save their sorry backsides!!

Here we go again!

Do you have a credible source that tells us that Zaw Lin's passport has a valid work visa?

Maybe one of them did not have a valid visa, maybe both of them , can you confirm this ?

As we all know most migrant workers do not have a valid visa, here in Pattaya we have 1000's of illegal workers but nobody seem to care.

balo post # 187

Here we go again!

Do you have a credible source that tells us that Zaw Lin's passport has a valid work visa?

Maybe one of them did not have a valid visa, maybe both of them , can you confirm this ?

As we all know most migrant workers do not have a valid visa, here in Pattaya we have 1000's of illegal workers but nobody seem to care.

Strangely enough the judge accepted that issue and the person(s) concerned were judged to be totally legal regarding their status in Thailand and on Koh Tao.
As an example of duplicity it isn't like say ''trying to export a car into Cambodia and lose its Thai registration is it?''

To the RTP apologists here who blindly believe in whatever garbage the RTP present, please explain the following to me:

The B2 were in addition to the more serious charges also charged with illegal entry.

During the hearing on the 26th the defense presented a copy of Zaw Lin's passport, proving that he was in Thailand legally.

So in the 100% perfect "investigation, police had failed to check something as simple as the accused's passport!!

Makes you wonder how solid the rest of the RTP/prosecutor's case is!!

The judge probably postponed the case for 8 months, to give the police time to save their sorry backsides!!

Here we go again!

Here we go again....................Look for the link to the court report and it will tell you the truth

I'd go further to suggest several persons at the crime scene have been given protection by the RTP, who are hell-bent in convicting the two Burmese. Why, when the whole scenario just doesn't fit their indictment? It is more probable to any logical thinking person that Thai thugs are involved, and are being sheltered.

I repeat - if the B2 were involved, with up to 60 prosecution witnesses (among those, island police), they would have been marched into the police command the following day. It's inconceivable to think otherwise.

You may be assuming too much about what the prosecution witnesses are going to say. In some cases, that is probably still under discussion, but I would guess much of the testimony is going to be pretty innocuous:

• I saw the accused playing guitar and drinking near the crime scene at 1:00 am
  • I was present when the accused purchased cigarettes
  • etc.
I would not be surprised if they bring someone in to claim they saw the Burmese kids smashing the phone, but we shall wait and see on that.

Hannah was last seen at 2:58.

David was last seen at 1:56.

They were discovered on the beach at 6:30

I think the running man was seen at around 4:00. It is thought David was attacked either after hannah or at the same time. So they must have been attacked after 2:58. Which brings the question. What was David doing between 1:56 and 2:58.

I'm sorry it might already have been said and I'm certainly repeating myself, but I think that what may be happening here is an exercise in saving face. I would think that the Burmese government is pretty grateful to the Thai police for letting its people earn a living here in return for a monthly backhander. The time that it's taken to manufacture collect the evidence against the 2 Burmese suggests that all is not well in the prosecution camp and I believe that they may have found a solution and that is the bail money that the Burmese are now willing to put up, having declined previously.

Maybe I've watched too much tv, Yes Minister and House of Cards for example, but it appears to me that the Burmese Government have been got at! What price the 2 accused get their bail, go back to Burma and are never seen in Thailand again? Result; Thai police off the hook, Burmese workers back in favour and the British, being British keep their diplomatic mouths shut, which is the bit that disgusts me the most.

Hannah and David's parents have been convinced that the police have done a good job over here, I wonder if they are beginning to see the light!

There is no need to speculate or tax the imagination, the crime happened at the end of the beach, behind large boulders at a time very few people are awake.

And some how you know that, because you were there? And what evidence do you have to confirm that beyond a reasonable doubt. Or is it all a big assumption, imagination, fantasy?
  • Like 1

A report you can find on the Facebook site, but from an accredited source -Voice of America (translated).

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed. if it is from an accredited source, then:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

not having a dog in this fight and only having access to second hand or more knowledge, i am just amazied there where no eyes who saw this crime.

small area, many people, in thailand there is someone looking or sees all that happens, if the effort is made to find them.

A report you can find on the Facebook site, but from an accredited source -Voice of America (translated).

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed. if it is from an accredited source, then:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

Apologies. The link to Voice of America report can be found on that facebook account.

Report the witness list on Koh Tao murder case

By: Ma Aye Aye Mar (Voice of America, Bangkok, Thailand)

27th December 2014 (08:29)

Kho Tao special investigation committee backed by the Myanmar Embassy in Bangkok submitted the list of 31 witness report and their evidential testimonies were sent to Kho Saumui provincial court on Friday on accused two young men for two Britons double murder case on Kho Tao island in Thailand.

The provincial Judge allowed two foreign nationals to be testified requested by The Thai Lawyer Council. Ma Aye Aye Mar reported.

These two foreign nationals are Sean and David's friend. Worth reading.

Apologies. The link to Voice of America report can be found on that facebook account.

Kho Tao special investigation committee backed by the Myanmar Embassy in Bangkok submitted the list of 31 witness report and their evidential testimonies were sent to Kho Saumui provincial court on Friday on accused two young men for two Britons double murder case on Kho Tao island in Thailand.

The provincial Judge allowed two foreign nationals to be testified requested by The Thai Lawyer Council. Ma Aye Aye Mar reported.

These two foreign nationals are Sean and David's friend. Worth reading. [/quote

]

I don't quite understand this post. I have tried to find and read but don't know how. Help me

]

I don't quite understand this post. I have tried to find and read but don't know how. Help me

sent pm

Have you been to Koh Tao to be able to prove this indeed a fact or are you speculating?

Around 0500 there's quite a lot of people up and about especially dive parties

• Like 1

And some how you know that, because you were there? And what evidence do you have to confirm that beyond a reasonable doubt. Or is it all a big assumption, imagination, fantasy?

A a matter of fact, yes, I know the spot, I've been there once before. But you don't have to take my word for it, look at the pictures of the crime scene, in between large boulders.

]

I cannot read Burmese, so I need to rely on translations from those that do. Google translate does no do a very good job on Burmese, but you may be able to get some sense out of http://translate.google.co.th/translate?hl=en&sl=my&u=http://burmese.voanews.com/content/myanmar-request-to-retrial-on-thai-murder-/2577083.html

A a matter of fact, yes, I know the spot, I've been there once before. But you don't have to take my word for it, look at the pictures of the crime scene, in between large boulders.

Do these boulders have sound proofing capabilities?

• Like 2

A few generations back these powerful families that control the legitimate and not-so-legitimate enterprises on Koh Tao Island were nothing more than coconut farmers and fishermen -- and now they have perpetrated a cover-up involving payoffs maybe into the millions of dollars, intimidation of credible witnesses, destruction or fabrication of evidence putting possibly that entire vast enterprise at risk just to protect the scion of one of the family members from being held responsible for a crime involving murder of foreign tourists to the island that they know that he in fact committed?

Good to hear you've seen the light. Welcome aboard smile.png .

]

I cannot read Burmese, so I need to rely on translations from those that do. Google translate does no do a very good job on Burmese, but you may be able to get some sense out of http://translate.google.co.th/translate?hl=en&sl=my&u=http://burmese.voanews.com/content/myanmar-request-to-retrial-on-thai-murder-/2577083.html

Thank you. Bit hard to understand. But got the general idea.

Then you'd also know that there still plenty people up and about catching late night ferries and returning from parties too it's NOT a place where everything stops and it goes into a slumber between 0200-0500

People like yourself should be ashamed , if this boy is innocent you and the rest of the gang already managed to destroy this boys life based on rumors and speculations.

I don't want to contribute to destroying any person's life. Indeed, I go around each day trying to enhance peoples' lives. I even wave and smile to strangers (more so now, that I survived a near-death injury 21 months ago). The ONLY reason I'm focusing so much on Nomsod is I deeply feel that he should still be a prime suspect. There are dozens of reasons why this case stinks of cover-up / frame-up / shielding the Headman's family (can't have one without the others). If I was merely doubtful, I wouldn't be so fixated on Nomsod.

If/when the British coroner comes forth with DNA typing, it should be interesting. However, the Brit coroner wasn't given Nomsod's DNA by Thai officials (and probably wasn't given DNA typing from several others who should be suspects) ....so the crime will continue to be unsolvable. Thai officials and the Headman's people want a guilty verdict on the B2 (in Sept.) because that would completely release their beloved family and friends from official scrutiny. However, an acquittal would be ok also, because they know it's nigh impossible for RTP to dust themselves off and re-name Mon and Nomsod as 'prime suspects.' It's more likely Madonna gets elected next Pope.

A few generations back these powerful families that control the legitimate and not-so-legitimate enterprises on Koh Tao Island were nothing more than coconut farmers and fishermen -- and now they have perpetrated a cover-up involving payoffs maybe into the millions of dollars, intimidation of credible witnesses, destruction or fabrication of evidence putting possibly that entire vast enterprise at risk just to protect the scion of one of the family members from being held responsible for a crime involving murder of foreign tourists to the island that they know that he in fact committed?

That's a looooong sentence, JL. So long, I can't quite get the gist of it.

• Like 2

Do these boulders have sound proofing capabilities?

It's a well known fact that sound carries at night more than it does during daylight but I guess it doesn't in Koh Tao as it's got "magic" abilities !!

You went to the place. Good for You. But do you have the evidence that proof it happened as suggested by the rtp. You have no solid evidence just hearsay by the police. Are you noticing the fantasy here. And your believe in the speculation that the police is telling the truth.

Unfortunately, the satellite images of Sairee beach are not great. This link shows the location of Ocean Front Bungalows where Hannah and David were staying:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/10%C2%B005'20.1%22N+99%C2%B049'33.9%22E/@10.088902,99.82607,783m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0?hl=en

(Click in the search box and press enter for the best view)

Some of the photos on this website are also suggestive: http://www.booking.com/hotel/th/ocien-view-bungalows.en-gb.html

The crime scene was near the water's edge about 50 yards away according to UK journalists on the spot.

How remote and isolated a spot is this? A subjective judgment. IMHO, more isolated than Times Square New York, but less than the middle of a typical small Thai village. Besides Ocean View Bungalows, there were a couple of other hotels near enough to have heard a major commotion, and on a party island like Koh Tao, I would expect some foot traffic between the bars 100-200 yards away and these hotels.

Unfortunately, the satellite images of Sairee beach are not great. This link shows the location of Ocean Front Bungalows where Hannah and David were staying:

How remote and isolated a spot is this? A subjective judgment. IMHO, more isolated than Times Square New York, but less than the middle of a typical small Thai village. Besides Ocean View Bungalows, there were a couple of other hotels near enough to have heard a major commotion, and on a party island like Koh Tao, I would expect some foot traffic between the bars 100-200 yards away and these hotels.

Isolated it is not, take a look how close the bungalows are in the pic and lets not forget this was quite a struggle before death occurred with Hannah and David being dragged and fighting back.

Let not also forget that at the exact same spot the night before the murders 4 Thai guys also mugged 2 UK girls, same spot on the same beach http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/11111774/Thai-motorbike-gang-mugged-British-women-night-before-backpacker-couple-were-murdered-on-Koh-Tao-island.html

post-223227-0-33282700-1419863405_thumb.

Edited by thailandchilli
  • Like 1

CORRECTIONS TO MY EARLIER POST TO FIX BROKEN LINK

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/10.089110, 99.826111/@10.08911,99.826111,783m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0?hl=en

(Click in the search box and press enter for the best view)

Some of the photos on this website are also suggestive:

http://www.booking.com/hotel/th/ocien-view-bungalows.en-gb.html

The crime scene was near the water's edge about 50 yards away according to UK journalists on the spot.

Let not also forget that at the exact same spot the night before the murders 4 Thai guys also mugged 2 UK girls, same spot on the same beach http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/11111774/Thai-motorbike-gang-mugged-British-women-night-before-backpacker-couple-were-murdered-on-Koh-Tao-island.html

I must have missed this one. I am surprised that it has not gained more transation on this thread. I suppose it is because of all the focus on on the B2 and the Headman's familiy.

Mugging is a crime of violence that sometimes gets out of hand. If it is true that the police have no interest in such crimes, a repeat performance by the same gang in the same location is at least a possibility.

Anyone have any more details? Was it indeed reported to police?

• Like 1

People like yourself should be ashamed , if this boy is innocent you and the rest of the gang already managed to destroy this boys life based on rumors and speculations.

I don't want to contribute to destroying any person's life. Indeed, I go around each day trying to enhance peoples' lives. I even wave and smile to strangers (more so now, that I survived a near-death injury 21 months ago). The ONLY reason I'm focusing so much on Nomsod is I deeply feel that he should still be a prime suspect. There are dozens of reasons why this case stinks of cover-up / frame-up / shielding the Headman's family (can't have one without the others). If I was merely doubtful, I wouldn't be so fixated on Nomsod.

If/when the British coroner comes forth with DNA typing, it should be interesting. However, the Brit coroner wasn't given Nomsod's DNA by Thai officials (and probably wasn't given DNA typing from several others who should be suspects) ....so the crime will continue to be unsolvable. Thai officials and the Headman's people want a guilty verdict on the B2 (in Sept.) because that would completely release their beloved family and friends from official scrutiny. However, an acquittal would be ok also, because they know it's nigh impossible for RTP to dust themselves off and re-name Mon and Nomsod as 'prime suspects.' It's more likely Madonna gets elected next Pope.That's a looooong sentence, JL. So long, I can't quite get the gist of it.

You base this on not trusting the DNA lab in Bangkok and the investigators there. You believe this is a cover up supported by the whole nation , that includes top politicians and all the investigators that have been working on this case from Bangkok.

When Nomsod finally took the DNA test , the whole world wanted to know the truth and the Thai PM promised they would do anything to solve the crime. The world was watching.

Still you believe thjs is a cover up that goes all the way up to the top of the police and politicians that control this country. So the people working at the DNA lab was probably bribed by the headman, and everyone else if we should follow your logic.

Do you understand why I have problems to follow you on this theory?