Koh Tao murder trial rescheduled

Lite Beer

Some good info on this page including this message from somebody who allegedly knows about Nomsod having scratches on his neck and arms https://democracyforburma.wordpress.com/2014/09/15/update-710-thailand-2-british-tourists-been-murder-on-sairee-beach-koh-tao/

I am leaning towards b2 innocence. But how could he have left the island at 4:00when the running man that is said to be him is 5:41

• Like 1

Who is the Gang of Four?? Sorry I am lost?

I coined that, in this context; Gang of 4 = Balo, AleG, jdinasia, JohnThailandJohn

To Boomer's Post #300: Scenario A is simpler as it requires no convoluted follow-up.

Who suffers more from OCD, you or me?

You.

Now to quote the Willie Nelson's Wendell character from The Electric Horseman:

Wendall: I'm gonna get me a bottle of tequila and find me one of them Keno girls that can suck the chrome off a trailer hitch and just kinda kick back.
Edited by JLCrab

Who is the Gang of Four?? Sorry I am lost?

I coined that, in this context; Gang of 4 = Balo, AleG, jdinasia, JohnThailandJohn

To Boomer's Post #300: Scenario A is simpler as it requires no convoluted follow-up.

Who suffers more from OCD, you or me?

You.

Now to quote the Willie Nelson's Wendell character from The Electric Horseman:

Wendall: I'm gonna get me a bottle of tequila and find me one of them Keno girls that can suck the chrome off a trailer hitch and just kinda kick back.

Perhaps an OCD is what is needed here to unearth evidence. By hook or crook to make sure that the people who took a beautiful young woman and a young mans life get the death sentence.

Who ever it maybe Burmese or Thai.

• Like 2

Re Boom //300.

Scenario B. (seen by everyone else to be believable): Hassles at a Thai bar notorious for wild parties amid rumors of date-rape drugs often used. Thai owners and their friends are handsome and often score with various pretty young drunk farang gals. One night, a particularly cute blond gal is there. The Thai guys get her to go out (or simply follow her) late at night to a semi-secluded spot on the beach where sex often takes place. She resists one or more of the men's advances. Her farang man friend hears disturbance and comes to her aid. He gets killed. Now she is even more angry, and says/does something to offend the Thais, which sends them in to a rage. One or more of the Thais bludgeon her. All run away.

According to the first report of the Thai pathologist, sex took place before death. The RTP said there was no indication of rape. Your scenario might need to be amended if his report is indeed factual - if not, hopefully the Brit coroner's report will be.

I am fast reaching the unavoidable and distressing conclusion that (after sex) Hannah seriously upset her eventual killer(s) to the extent he (they) got enraged. That David got involved to protect her, and he was also attacked. What actually happened at the crime scene is probably more complex and sordid than anyone on here knows, but it sure scared off Sean and David's friend, Chris, when both left the island post-haste. And that's why these two Brits are on the defence's witness list.

And from the above pathology report, that's why the B2 are innocent.

Edited by stephen terry
  • Like 2

How would they possibly know if she was raped or not? Physical signs are not always evident. She could have been drugged with GHB or a roofie, GHB does not stay in the system long and is hard to detect with drug screening. Both can lead to death, especialy if mixed with alcohol.

Edited by Eirene
  • Like 1

Under scenario A, what is your simple explanation of the altercation between Mon and Sean in the early hours of September 22? Did it happen? Was Sean telling the truth in his claim that it was related to the murders? In simple terms, why was Mon so agitated if the B2 are guilty?

Under scenario A, what is your simple explanation of the altercation between Mon and Sean in the early hours of September 22? Did it happen? Was Sean telling the truth in his claim that it was related to the murders? In simple terms, why was Mon so agitated if the B2 are guilty?

who are Mon and Sean?

who are Mon and Sean?

Never mind. I hoped you could contribute usefully to the discussion, but you have obviously not been following this case other than very superficially which explains why you could believe in a simple explanation.

• Like 2

How would they possibly know if she was raped or not? Physical signs are not always evident. She could have been drugged with GHB or a roofie, GHB does not stay in the system long and is hard to detect with drug screening. Both can lead to death, especialy if mixed with alcohol.

I agree. In all of the pictures she seems alert and well aware of her surroundings. She seems like a sensible young lady. She was last seen with a female friend at 2:58. She was attacked anywhere between 3:00-5:00 the idea that she just stopped shopping with a friend, and whipped behind a rock to have consensual sex with either David or a couple of guys from the island does stretch the imagination. She really does not appear drunk in any of her pictures. It upsets me when people try to paint her in a bad light. I do believe Hannah did nothing wrong, nothing immoral. She was the bright light that was extinguished.

I realise it's an emotional subject, and I wouldn't wish to discredit Hannah in any way, apologies for the speculation. I posted what was reported/said, plus it is clear that her attacker(s) was incensed enough to brutally murder her after a sex act was concluded. I do not disagree with either of your takes, but the fact remains she had sex prior to being killed whether consensual or not. That means she had parted from her friend, was accompanying someone else (or others), or was waylaid on her own. If the latter, it begs the question of how David came on the scene (possibly heard screaming), and it vindicates the Burmese innocence, see below.

The RTP's reconstruction stated that both victims were together and were attacked by the two Burmese while making out. I think that's a load of tosh, but that's the case presented to the court.

Bottom line, with insufficient knowledge, I'm aiming to line-up as many arguments as to why the Burmese are innocent of the charges as presented by the prosecution. As you are aware, I have also contributed a donation to their defence costs.

I hope that clarifies where I'm coming from.

• Like 2

who are Mon and Sean?

Never mind. I hoped you could contribute usefully to the discussion, but you have obviously not been following this case other than very superficially which explains why you could believe in a simple explanation.

I follow the case closely as far as procedure. Once I realized how much of the information posted as evidence is unreliable, I have stayed out of any such discussions.

As far as Boomer;'s asking which a la Ockham's Razor would be the simpler explanation, I answered 'A' which does not imply that I believe either one of them to be true.

Edited by JLCrab

To quote another irrelevant, and totally unnecessary quote

" go forth and multiply"

But me been a simple man, I prefer ** OFF

Thanks Boris -- from The Sting (1973):

Hooker: I gave him the breakout just like you said.
Gondorff: And?
Hooker: 'S good. He threatened to kill me.
Gondorff: Hell, kid, they don't do that, you know you're not getting to 'em.
Edited by JLCrab

I agree. In all of the pictures she seems alert and well aware of her surroundings. She seems like a sensible young lady. She was last seen with a female friend at 2:58. She was attacked anywhere between 3:00-5:00 the idea that she just stopped shopping with a friend, and whipped behind a rock to have consensual sex with either David or a couple of guys from the island does stretch the imagination. She really does not appear drunk in any of her pictures. It upsets me when people try to paint her in a bad light. I do believe Hannah did nothing wrong, nothing immoral. She was the bright light that was extinguished.

I realise it's an emotional subject, and I wouldn't wish to discredit Hannah in any way, apologies for the speculation. I posted what was reported/said, plus it is clear that her attacker(s) was incensed enough to brutally murder her after a sex act was concluded. I do not disagree with either of your takes, but the fact remains she had sex prior to being killed whether consensual or not. That means she had parted from her friend, was accompanying someone else (or others), or was waylaid on her own. If the latter, it begs the question of how David came on the scene (possibly heard screaming), and it vindicates the Burmese innocence, see below.

The RTP's reconstruction stated that both victims were together and were attacked by the two Burmese while making out. I think that's a load of tosh, but that's the case presented to the court.

Bottom line, with insufficient knowledge, I'm aiming to line-up as many arguments as to why the Burmese are innocent of the charges as presented by the prosecution. As you are aware, I have also contributed a donation to their defence costs.

I understood where you were coming from Stephen my post was in regards to the RTP stating there was no indication of rape. We are all well aware of other statements made by this lot that have turned out to be....well...slightly off. Did the pathologists report include this or is this the RTP's own observation? From the onset they have made out that Hannah brought this upon herself...that she was some sort of loose woman having sex on the beach. Victim blaming at it's finest.

Anyone seen the video from the onehd channel. The police are showing the phone of David to Chris Ware. As they pick up the back of the phone to put it together Chris says something shaking his head.

It seems like the he said "That's not..... Can't make out the last word!

I've watched it, too. I can't make out what he's saying, but it's definitely not an affirmative statement. He's obviously questioning something is wrong, not possible, or improbable. Of course, the camera cuts to another scene quickly.

It's all bullsht. Much to my chagrin, the RTP are more clever than I thought in planting evidence. They knew another cop was on the right track when he was questioning the whereabouts of Fresh Milk, but they quickly dismissed him. Miraculously two Burmese who had already passed a DNA test, who had never fled the island, and went about their lives as normal, were suddenly caught. Well done, BIB. Well done.

Never forget this bit of news:

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run

One of the Burmese was arrested in Surat Thani after he fled Koh Tao, they didn't pass a DNA test before they were arrested. Stop making things up.

I understood where you were coming from Stephen my post was in regards to the RTP stating there was no indication of rape. We are all well aware of other statements made by this lot that have turned out to be....well...slightly off. Did the pathologists report include this or is this the RTP's own observation? From the onset they have made out that Hannah brought this upon herself...that she was some sort of loose woman having sex on the beach. Victim blaming at it's finest.

This statement was in the early days of the investigation. My understanding was that the RTP paraphrased the contents of the pathologist's report, and maybe also to paint a picture of loose morals as you have stated, plus to support their stated scenario. Hopefully, the Brit coroner's report will be able to clarify.

On the subject of being drugged, whilst a possibility, I don't think that any rapist, who has an unresistant victim, would have the motivation to then brutally kill her with a hoe, and then to brazenly display her in the position she was found. To me it appears like a revenge killing rather than lust. In which case, Hannah must have p****d him off big-time.

Again, not the Burmese motivation. Also, I wouldn't want to see another two victims being given a death sentence for the tragic deaths of Hannah and David. That would be a travesty of justice.

• Like 1

Anyone seen the video from the onehd channel. The police are showing the phone of David to Chris Ware. As they pick up the back of the phone to put it together Chris says something shaking his head.

I've watched it, too. I can't make out what he's saying, but it's definitely not an affirmative statement. He's obviously questioning something is wrong, not possible, or improbable. Of course, the camera cuts to another scene quickly.

It's all bullsht. Much to my chagrin, the RTP are more clever than I thought in planting evidence. They knew another cop was on the right track when he was questioning the whereabouts of Fresh Milk, but they quickly dismissed him. Miraculously two Burmese who had already passed a DNA test, who had never fled the island, and went about their lives as normal, were suddenly caught. Well done, BIB. Well done.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run

One of the Burmese was arrested in Surat Thani after he fled Koh Tao, they didn't pass a DNA test before they were arrested. Stop making things up.

NO, all three were questioned and tested on the day after the murder. NO DNA matches were found or ANY evidence to link them to the murders

• Like 1

What was the name of the one from Surat Thani and how old was he ? Something like Cow or Com aged 25 to 27 ?

Now how about you stop lying and making things up.

To quote another irrelevant, and totally unnecessary quote

" go forth and multiply"

But me been a simple man, I prefer ** OFF

Thanks Boris -- from The Sting (1973):

Hooker: I gave him the breakout just like you said.

Gondorff: And?

Hooker: 'S good. He threatened to kill me.

Gondorff: Hell, kid, they don't do that, you know you're not getting to 'em.

What on earth are talking about?

Get out of movie land and get with the program , before they shut us all down for being crackpots.

If they were going to shut you all down for being crackpots they would have already done it.

• Like 1

Given the information that Hannah's and David's parents have the information contained in this older article, it is even more bizarre to read that they announced being satifsfied with the investigation done bt the RTP: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/11102860/Two-brothers-questioned-over-backpacker-murders-in-Thailand.html

Here, again, mention of wounds on David's hands, indicating a struglle and a fight. To imply that the two Burmse dwarfs escaped a fight with a man of David's stature without a single scratch is just insane.

One who had injuries at about the same time was:

Sean is a key witness!!!!

...while aother person (Nomsod) bought a full week in absence what is ample time to heal minor scratches, bruises and cuts.

Btw. this is the same trick intoxicated Thai drivers use when killing someone in an accident. Run away first and turn yourself in at the nearest police station one or two days after, when sober.

The RTP and mafia apologists will find it very hard to explain why the mafia brat was hiding for a full week. It is one of the hundreds of facts they can't make go away.

You talk like he was on the island, a full week in absence from what ?

We have no witnesses that can confirm he was on the island. According to your theories that is because they are too afraid to speak .

But we do have cctv footage of him in UNI and teachers that can confirm he attended the class. No bruises to heal , no cuts to heal , no minor scratches, its all in your imagination.

What makes you think it is Catweazles theory?

“It’s really challenging getting witnesses for them because everyone’s so scared,” Hall said. He said that Thais living on Koh Tao are especially scared to speak out, because they have names and addresses that can be easily tracked. This is their home, they can’t leave the way migrant workers or Western expats can. People are scared that their businesses will be closed or their lives will be threatened, even that they could be killed, Hall said. http://asiancorrespondent.com/128732/koh-tao-murder-suspects-issue-plea-for-witnesses-ahead-of-formal-charges/

When you state that teachers from Uni confirmed he attended classes, where do you get that from? Speculating or do you actually have a link to that statement from teachers? I would be interested to see it.

How do you know he had no scratches, cuts, bruises? Again are you speculating or do you have a link to this as I would be very interested.

I have been reading it in the news , maybe 3-4 weeks after the killings. I'm sure we can find a link if we look for it. How difficult is it visit UNI and confirm he was there , and looking at CCTV , not very hard ro find out, And what about the students in his class? No problems to find out.

How do you know he did not have scratches? Yes I am speculating just as you guys are speculating that he had bruises , you won't find the truth reading posts from members on Thaivisa .

All you guys do is to speculate , if you were that interested in the truth , why not take a phone call to UNI in Bangkok , visit the place , talk to some students , you know try to find out.

But instead you're all stuck in front of the computer writing conspiracy theories.

mcm991. Your post leaves me a bit cold. You think balo is friends with Nomsod. And you think Nomsod is involved in the crime.

If so do you think its commendable to cover up for a murderer ?

Yes ... I do think that Balo is friends with Nomsod.

No. I do not believe in any cover ups and it sure smells of a cover up from where I stand.

But I would welcome any other information about the night of the crime, no matter its source. There are so many missing pieces. Any new info can be assessed on its merits.

(I have no idea about Nomsod's involvement. But there sure are many questions that need answering in a convincing way if we are to believe his innocense)

Great , bring me into your fantasy world , the fascinating world of conspiracies.

It just shows that you have no respect for the victims in this tragedy , who asked for some peace before the trial . Their life will not get better if they have to read all the nonsense posted online.

Some good info on this page including this message from somebody who allegedly knows about Nomsod having scratches on his neck and arms https://democracyforburma.wordpress.com/2014/09/15/update-710-thailand-2-british-tourists-been-murder-on-sairee-beach-koh-tao/

I am leaning towards b2 innocence. But how could he have left the island at 4:00when the running man that is said to be him is 5:41

We can't be certain he left at 4. It's all speculation at present.

• Like 1

It is also possible that Hannah was not raped. And it is possible that David was involved in a fight and Hannah witnessed it and was then herself attacked. There seems to be no conclusive proof that she had sex with anyone or that there was sperm inside her. Unless you believe what the RPT have said publicly.

Re Boom //300.

Scenario B. (seen by everyone else to be believable): Hassles at a Thai bar notorious for wild parties amid rumors of date-rape drugs often used. Thai owners and their friends are handsome and often score with various pretty young drunk farang gals. One night, a particularly cute blond gal is there. The Thai guys get her to go out (or simply follow her) late at night to a semi-secluded spot on the beach where sex often takes place. She resists one or more of the men's advances. Her farang man friend hears disturbance and comes to her aid. He gets killed. Now she is even more angry, and says/does something to offend the Thais, which sends them in to a rage. One or more of the Thais bludgeon her. All run away.

According to the first report of the Thai pathologist, sex took place before death. The RTP said there was no indication of rape. Your scenario might need to be amended if his report is indeed factual - if not, hopefully the Brit coroner's report will be.

I am fast reaching the unavoidable and distressing conclusion that (after sex) Hannah seriously upset her eventual killer(s) to the extent he (they) got enraged. That David got involved to protect her, and he was also attacked. What actually happened at the crime scene is probably more complex and sordid than anyone on here knows, but it sure scared off Sean and David's friend, Chris, when both left the island post-haste. And that's why these two Brits are on the defence's witness list.

You brought up an interesting possible scenario: She had consensual sex, and then others showed up to partake. It's a scenario that happens all-too-often with Indians (among other nationalities). One guy gets sex (by payment agreement, seduction, or by other means) and all of a sudden the guy's buddies show up to take advantage. Personally, I don't think that was the scenario at the crime scene that night. I think she was cajoled (certainly alcohol-fueled but also possibly by date-rape drugs) to the beach. A man forced himself on her, she resisted, and then other ugly things happened which I won't venture to articulate upon right here and now.

Source please? Did they bring him back to the "safe house" on Koh Tao for questioning, or did pancake seller go to Koh Samui to carry out "questioning"?

Edited by BritTim

Re Boom //300.

I am really glad you are trying to approach this logically, but with an open mind. It is really difficult when we feel so emotional about what happened. However, be careful what you post as fact. It is difficult enough to keep events straight without well-intentioned posters muddying the waters.

What actually happened at the crime scene is probably more complex and sordid than anyone on here knows, but it sure scared off Sean and David's friend, Chris, when both left the island post-haste.

Chris, who was a casual visitor, left as soon as possible. Sean remained on the island for a week, until leaving terrified after being threatened by Mon in the early hours of September 22.

The RTP said there was no indication of rape.

The RTP said many things, but we are supposed to ignore anything they said before September 27. As it happens, I do not think the "no rape" theory was ever advanced by senior police, though it may have been planted at the time they were trying to pin the crime on another farang using the "sexual jealousy" argument. The theory was never going to pass the sniff test after the post mortem results. Anyway, the earliest reports (from the day of the crime) stated that rape was suspected.