Koh Tao murder trial rescheduled

Lite Beer

One of the Burmese was arrested in Surat Thani after he fled Koh Tao, they didn't pass a DNA test before they were arrested. Stop making things up.

Source please? Did they bring him back to the "safe house" on Koh Tao for questioning, or did pancake seller go to Koh Samui to carry out "questioning"?

Guardian 2nd Oct -

One or possibly two Burmese migrant workers have confessed to murdering two British backpackers found dead on a Thai island last month, police said.

(Possibly two? One of them must have been finding the strength to keep telling the truth then)

“The investigation has advanced considerably,” Lieutenant General Jaktip Chaijinda, Thailand’s deputy national police chief, told Reuters. “Three Burmese workers were detained and we took their DNA for testing. During the investigation one of them admitted to killing the two foreigners,” he said.

(During the torturing and threats one of them admitted to killing the two foreigners)

Another senior officer, Major General Kiattipong Khawsamang, told the Associated Press that two of the men detained had confessed to killing Hannah Witheridge, 23, and David Miller, 24, while the third denied any involvement.

“We are interrogating them. So far, accounts from the two men matched and they confessed they killed the tourists,” Khawsamang was quoted as saying.

(We are torturing them and making their accounts match)

In yet another version of events, the BP posted local officer Decha Butnamphet saying one of the held men, with the surname Soe, had admitted to being a man seen on CCTV and sought in connection with the case, but denied murder.

The paper said Soe was detained when he got off a boat from Koh Tao after it arrived in Surat Thani, the mainland port for ferries to the island and the bigger holiday islands of Koh Samui and Koh Phangan. The other two were detained on Koh Tao, it reported.

Is Soe the same man as Maung? Which CCTV clip are they talking about? The one of the three of them on the bike or running man? This can't be referring to the CCTV of the three of them on the bike unless Soe is also Maung. So if Soe isn't the same man as Maung then they are either referring to the clip of running man or a clip that has not been released to the public. Someone put me out of my misery please.

One of the Burmese was arrested in Surat Thani after he fled Koh Tao, they didn't pass a DNA test before they were arrested. Stop making things up.

Source please? Did they bring him back to the "safe house" on Koh Tao for questioning, or did pancake seller go to Koh Samui to carry out "questioning"?

Guardian 2nd Oct -

One or possibly two Burmese migrant workers have confessed to murdering two British backpackers found dead on a Thai island last month, police said.

(Possibly two? One of them must have been finding the strength to keep telling the truth then)

“The investigation has advanced considerably,” Lieutenant General Jaktip Chaijinda, Thailand’s deputy national police chief, told Reuters. “Three Burmese workers were detained and we took their DNA for testing. During the investigation one of them admitted to killing the two foreigners,” he said.

(During the torturing and threats one of them admitted to killing the two foreigners)

Another senior officer, Major General Kiattipong Khawsamang, told the Associated Press that two of the men detained had confessed to killing Hannah Witheridge, 23, and David Miller, 24, while the third denied any involvement.

“We are interrogating them. So far, accounts from the two men matched and they confessed they killed the tourists,” Khawsamang was quoted as saying.

(We are torturing them and making their accounts match)

In yet another version of events, the BP posted local officer Decha Butnamphet saying one of the held men, with the surname Soe, had admitted to being a man seen on CCTV and sought in connection with the case, but denied murder.

The paper said Soe was detained when he got off a boat from Koh Tao after it arrived in Surat Thani, the mainland port for ferries to the island and the bigger holiday islands of Koh Samui and Koh Phangan. The other two were detained on Koh Tao, it reported.

Is Soe the same man as Maung? Which CCTV clip are they talking about? The one of the three of them on the bike or running man? This can't be referring to the CCTV of the three of them on the bike unless Soe is also Maung. So if Soe isn't the same man as Maung then they are either referring to the clip of running man or a clip that has not been released to the public. Someone put me out of my misery please.

I wish I could lessen your confusion.

At the time, I think they were arresting Burmese right, left and center. Pancake seller was doubtless very busy. Most will have been released quite quickly when it became clear they would be able to prove alibis. Any who knew what really transpired would have been warned o keep quiet. Those unable to give alibis were "investigated" more thoroughly.

The upshot is that the Burmese arrested in the various reports may not have been the same up until the senior RTP statements late on October 2.

@ JLCrab. " If they were going to shut you all down for being crackpots they would have already done it"

HaHaHa, ain't that the truth. The hard core of about 10 obsessives on here are providing fabulous entertainment for so many of us though with their ever increasingly bonkers theories, and their self importance. I think they really do believe that they are being taken seriously by anyone outside their own little club of detectives. And their hysterical impotent rage whenever any of the so called "gang of four" have the temerity to inject a little realism into the debate is a wonder to behold! The latest wheeze whereby they will all meet up and have a party where they can discuss the case over some cold drinks is beyond parody. Oh to be a fly on the wall when it happens!

• Like 1

@ JLCrab. " If they were going to shut you all down for being crackpots they would have already done it"

HaHaHa, ain't that the truth. The hard core of about 10 obsessives on here are providing fabulous entertainment for so many of us though with their ever increasingly bonkers theories, and their self importance. I think they really do believe that they are being taken seriously by anyone outside their own little club of detectives. And their hysterical impotent rage whenever any of the so called "gang of four" have the temerity to inject a little realism into the debate is a wonder to behold! The latest wheeze whereby they will all meet up and have a party where they can discuss the case over some cold drinks is beyond parody. Oh to be a fly on the wall when it happens!

No flies at our party.

We will swat them all before the party starts.

You can be a fly sht though ?

• Like 1

I don't see people laughing here. Are you laughing?

Most of the folks posting here are sincerely trying to cut to the truth of the matter. Exsexyman claims we're completely off base - then he knows what's true? Tell us then, oh sage Exsexyman. Please. Is your version of truth what the RTP dish out? There are two RTP versions. One before the head cop was replaced, and the other version after he was replaced. I assume you like the version of the replacement. The one that claimed the hoe killed David (even though none of David's blood was on the hoe, and his wounds weren't hoe-inflicted).

The concerned folks posting on Thaivisa (and other social media) - the folks who don't follow the RTP frame-up scenario, ARE DOING WHAT THE POLICE SHOULD BE DOING. YES! Thai cops have not done anything since the replacement head cop took over, except put forth some crapola ideas, early on, which frame the Burmese. Since early Oct, nearly 3 months ago, Thai cops have not revealed anything which furthers the investigation. NADA. Is that what's so funny? Concerned folks herein are scrutinizing possible evidence, while Thai cops are counting their bribe money, guzzling caffeine drinks and servicing their mia noi. Ok, maybe that's funny for you. Glad you could have a laugh on N.Y's eve.

• Like 2

I agree, unfortunately posters her who feel the same s me do not post here because they don't want to get involved in this nonsense.

But I do for now, I want the truth as we all do , but it must be looked at from both sides , and these "obsessives" will never stop blaming Nomsod and really believe he did it, even without any clear evidence.

My presence here is only because we must not forget there are two sides to a coin. And the side we see here do not give us the complete picture.

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

I don't see people laughing here. Are you laughing?

Most of the folks posting here are sincerely trying to cut to the truth of the matter. Exsexyman claims we're completely off base - then he knows what's true? Tell us then, oh sage Exsexyman. Please. Is your version of truth what the RTP dish out? There are two RTP versions. One before the head cop was replaced, and the other version after he was replaced. I assume you like the version of the replacement. The one that claimed the hoe killed David (even though none of David's blood was on the hoe, and his wounds weren't hoe-inflicted).

The concerned folks posting on Thaivisa (and other social media) - the folks who don't follow the RTP frame-up scenario, ARE DOING WHAT THE POLICE SHOULD BE DOING. YES! Thai cops have not done anything since the replacement head cop took over, except put forth some crapola ideas, early on, which frame the Burmese. Since early Oct, nearly 3 months ago, Thai cops have not revealed anything which furthers the investigation. NADA. Is that what's so funny? Concerned folks herein are scrutinizing possible evidence, while Thai cops are counting their bribe money, guzzling caffeine drinks and servicing their mia noi. Ok, maybe that's funny for you. Glad you could have a laugh on N.Y's eve.

And you're gong to be the one to give us a clear picture of this case? If you think all thai cops are like that , no wonder you dont believe anything presented to you from anyone in Thailand.

I would be surprised if you even live in Thailand.

Edited by balo

mcm991. Your post leaves me a bit cold. You think balo is friends with Nomsod. And you think Nomsod is involved in the crime.

If so do you think its commendable to cover up for a murderer ?

Yes ... I do think that Balo is friends with Nomsod.

No. I do not believe in any cover ups and it sure smells of a cover up from where I stand.

But I would welcome any other information about the night of the crime, no matter its source. There are so many missing pieces. Any new info can be assessed on its merits.

(I have no idea about Nomsod's involvement. But there sure are many questions that need answering in a convincing way if we are to believe his innocense)

Great , bring me into your fantasy world , the fascinating world of conspiracies.

It just shows that you have no respect for the victims in this tragedy , who asked for some peace before the trial . Their life will not get better if they have to read all the nonsense posted online.

What on earth are you talking about Balo? My post has nothing at all to do with disrespecting the victims.

I think you and Nomsod are close.

Almost all your posts over the last months are directly trying to defend him. Not his family, not the RTP, not the other nasty characters in this sordid affair.

Just Nomsod.

If he has info that helps his cause ..... let's get it on here. The exisiting data makes his case of being in BKK at the time of the crime very suspect. If he was not on KT then proper evidence is required. Let's hear it rather than the usual bollcks that he was cleared by the RTP..... which is meaningless to anyone with an IQ over 10.

mcm991. Your post leaves me a bit cold. You think balo is friends with Nomsod. And you think Nomsod is involved in the crime.

If so do you think its commendable to cover up for a murderer ?

Yes ... I do think that Balo is friends with Nomsod.

No. I do not believe in any cover ups and it sure smells of a cover up from where I stand.

But I would welcome any other information about the night of the crime, no matter its source. There are so many missing pieces. Any new info can be assessed on its merits.

(I have no idea about Nomsod's involvement. But there sure are many questions that need answering in a convincing way if we are to believe his innocense)

Great , bring me into your fantasy world , the fascinating world of conspiracies.

It just shows that you have no respect for the victims in this tragedy , who asked for some peace before the trial . Their life will not get better if they have to read all the nonsense posted online.

What on earth are you talking about Balo? My post has nothing at all to do with disrespecting the victims.

Almost all your posts over the last months are directly trying to defend him. Not his family, not the RTP, not the other nasty characters in this sordid affair.

Just Nomsod.

If he has info that helps his cause ..... let's get it on here. The exisiting data makes his case of being in BKK at the time of the crime very suspect. If he was not on KT then proper evidence is required. Let's hear it rather than the usual bollcks that he was cleared by the RTP..... which is meaningless to anyone with an IQ over 10.

If you say this you must be a troll , I dont think a thai boy in his 20s has much in common with a 48 year old white man living in Pattaya .

But its funny to read anyway when coming from a true conspiracy theorist.

Edited by balo

Just Nomsod.

If you say this you must be a troll , I dont think a thai boy in his 20s has much in common with a 48 year old white man living in Pattaya .

Apologies if I'm wrong .... you just seem so fixated on the boy. Maybe its a death in venice kind of thing.

Carry on insisting that he was in Bangkok all the time .......... that seems to get you a lot of mensa awards around here.

• Like 1

Just great.

Another 6 months of conspiracy theories about how these two are innocent.

Spare a thought for the parents of the victims who probally like nothing more than the whole thing to be over and done with.

The British police have had ample time to at least make some statement on their findings and how long does the defence need to get their act together.

The whole episode is a shambles for both the accused and the victims and their families.

The difference is that the British Police reserve their comments/evidence for the courts. They are not in the business of playing to the media.

Just Nomsod.

Apologies if I'm wrong .... you just seem so fixated on the boy. Maybe its a death in venice kind of thing.

Carry on insisting that he was in Bangkok all the time .......... that seems to get you a lot of mensa awards around here.

Yes you are wrong, I want justice and if Nomsod did it, let him rot in a prison.

But so far theres no real evidence and I hate to see a bunch of conspiracy theorists on a forum dig up all kind of material from internet and social media sites. If you believe B2 are innocent, theres plenty of suspects out there. Bring them to the limelight if you have any leads that will help the case.

As an expat living in Thailand I use Thaivisa to read about daily life and activities and we all have opinions about whats going on in this beautiful kingdom. This murder case is serious , nothing to joke about but this focus just on one person , Nomsod is not helping the case forward.

• Like 1

Just Nomsod.

Yes you are wrong, I want justice and if Nomsod did it, let him rot in a prison.

But so far theres no real evidence and I hate to see a bunch of conspiracy theorists on a forum dig up all kind of material from internet and social media sites. If you believe B2 are innocent, theres plenty of suspects out there. Bring them to the limelight if you have any leads that will help the case.

As an expat living in Thailand I use Thaivisa to read about daily life and activities and we all have opinions about whats going on in this beautiful kingdom. This murder case is serious , nothing to joke about but this focus just on one person , Nomsod is not helping the case forward.

Happy New Year Balo and indeed to everyone else here.

The vast majority here are only looking for justice. For the killers, the victims and and for any innocent bystanders.

You have chosen to believe the official line and not question all the other 'elephants in the room'.

I can't do that....... it is not about conspiracy ........ that is too easy a label. Especially if anything not from the mouths of the RTP is considered a conspiracy. Surely, if you live in Thailand...... you know it is often not so simple.

• Like 2

How would they possibly know if she was raped or not? Physical signs are not always evident. She could have been drugged with GHB or a roofie, GHB does not stay in the system long and is hard to detect with drug screening. Both can lead to death, especialy if mixed with alcohol.

I agree. In all of the pictures she seems alert and well aware of her surroundings. She seems like a sensible young lady. She was last seen with a female friend at 2:58. She was attacked anywhere between 3:00-5:00 the idea that she just stopped shopping with a friend, and whipped behind a rock to have consensual sex with either David or a couple of guys from the island does stretch the imagination. She really does not appear drunk in any of her pictures. It upsets me when people try to paint her in a bad light. I do believe Hannah did nothing wrong, nothing immoral. She was the bright light that was extinguished.

I think she was restrained forcefully. It may well come out in the inquest that Hannah had suffered other bruising, cuts and scratches from nails. On close inspection of the photos it has been pointed out she had been assaulted all over her body. This would only indicate rape. She had been penetrated in both lower cavities and semen was found. I doubt if she was drugged to the extent she passed out I think she appears to have struggled..

As a side note it has been pointed out on FB tonight that Sean McAnna was out that night with a Chris Cooper from Planet Scuba. Who then asked CSI to remove it from his page as Chris had been threatened. So that blows Sean's Alibi out of the water.

This is the sort of info that will crack this. Just a slip up from a single person that puts them on the spot and then they will sing.......

• Like 2

How would they possibly know if she was raped or not? Physical signs are not always evident. She could have been drugged with GHB or a roofie, GHB does not stay in the system long and is hard to detect with drug screening. Both can lead to death, especialy if mixed with alcohol.

I agree. In all of the pictures she seems alert and well aware of her surroundings. She seems like a sensible young lady. She was last seen with a female friend at 2:58. She was attacked anywhere between 3:00-5:00 the idea that she just stopped shopping with a friend, and whipped behind a rock to have consensual sex with either David or a couple of guys from the island does stretch the imagination. She really does not appear drunk in any of her pictures. It upsets me when people try to paint her in a bad light. I do believe Hannah did nothing wrong, nothing immoral. She was the bright light that was extinguished.

I think she was restrained forcefully. It may well come out in the inquest that Hannah had suffered other bruising, cuts and scratches from nails. On close inspection of the photos it has been pointed out she had been assaulted all over her body. This would only indicate rape. She had been penetrated in both lower cavities and semen was found. I doubt if she was drugged to the extent she passed out I think she appears to have struggled..

As a side note it has been pointed out on FB tonight that Sean McAnna was out that night with a Chris Cooper from Planet Scuba. Who then asked CSI to remove it from his page as Chris had been threatened. So that blows Sean's Alibi out of the water.

This is the sort of info that will crack this. Just a slip up from a single person that puts them on the spot and then they will sing.......

....the sort of thing which may 'crack this' case for reasonable people like you and me and others on this blog who sincerely seek the truth of what happened, yes. But nothing will 'crack this case' (toward nailing any of the Headman's people) in the view of the Gang of 4 and RTP brass. They are completely fixated on shielding the Headman's people. None of the H's people will be reinstated as suspects, regardless of what happens to the scapegoats.

Interesting to note how Balo's language has adjusted a slight bit in recent days. In earlier posts, he had repeatedly insisted there was no evidence whatsoever implicating Nomsod. Now he's writing 'no real evidence' in that regard. Is the veneer on his shield guarding Nomsod, cracking a slight bit?

I've watched it, too. I can't make out what he's saying, but it's definitely not an affirmative statement. He's obviously questioning something is wrong, not possible, or improbable. Of course, the camera cuts to another scene quickly.

It's all bullsht. Much to my chagrin, the RTP are more clever than I thought in planting evidence. They knew another cop was on the right track when he was questioning the whereabouts of Fresh Milk, but they quickly dismissed him. Miraculously two Burmese who had already passed a DNA test, who had never fled the island, and went about their lives as normal, were suddenly caught. Well done, BIB. Well done.

Never forget this bit of news:

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run

NO, all three were questioned and tested on the day after the murder. NO DNA matches were found or ANY evidence to link them to the murders

Obviously you are uninformed. Go and read some actual news (not the garbage that comes from CSILA) that is parroted by the conspiracy theorists here.

Anyone seen the video from the onehd channel. The police are showing the phone of David to Chris Ware. As they pick up the back of the phone to put it together Chris says something shaking his head.

It seems like the he said "That's not..... Can't make out the last word!

I've watched it, too. I can't make out what he's saying, but it's definitely not an affirmative statement. He's obviously questioning something is wrong, not possible, or improbable. Of course, the camera cuts to another scene quickly.

It's all bullsht. Much to my chagrin, the RTP are more clever than I thought in planting evidence. They knew another cop was on the right track when he was questioning the whereabouts of Fresh Milk, but they quickly dismissed him. Miraculously two Burmese who had already passed a DNA test, who had never fled the island, and went about their lives as normal, were suddenly caught. Well done, BIB. Well done.

Never forget this bit of news:

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run

What was the name of the one from Surat Thani and how old was he ? Something like Cow or Com aged 25 to 27 ?

Now how about you stop lying and making things up.

Am I lying?

"The short statement issued by Deputy Police Commissioner General Jakthip Chaijinda this evening identified the alleged killer by the Burmese name ‘Win’, from Rakhine State of Burma (Myanmar) who worked on Koh Tao but had been arrested on the mainland in the provincial capital Surat Thani."

Take note that I choose a citation that, if anything, is biased in favour of the Burmese men.

How about an apology now?

So the Burmese arrested on ST was called Soe and was between 25 and 27.

People here are expecting us to believe he has now changed his name and become 4 or 6 years younger.

I though us unbelievers were meant to be the CT.

Yes you are lying, making things up too.

Last time you mentioned the ST Burmese you included a report that mentioned his name was Soe and he was between 25 and 27.

Do you remember that ? I do.

Edited by berybert

Loonydingle.

What is the source that you know this.

New name to the list of interesting people to question?

Chris cooper. ??

Which facebook.

Are you sure you are not talking about the night of the 15. Sean was out at choppers bar at about 8 o'clock.

The night of the 14th Sean said he was asleep.

Though in another statement said he witness the altercation in ac bar.

Though all hannah and david friend say there was no altercation. ?

Edited by greenchair

Just great.

Another 6 months of conspiracy theories about how these two are innocent.

Spare a thought for the parents of the victims who probally like nothing more than the whole thing to be over and done with.

The British police have had ample time to at least make some statement on their findings and how long does the defence need to get their act together.

The whole episode is a shambles for both the accused and the victims and their families.

The difference is that the British Police reserve their comments/evidence for the courts. They are not in the business of playing to the media.

The main mistake of the police was releasing information haphazardly during the investigation; all the conflicting reports and working theories left along the trail have left behind a Rorschach kind of picture that people interpret as showing their own beliefs and prejudices.

Guess this must be the same Chris Cooper https://www.facebook.com/chris.cooper.5891004

Yes I guess so......... But the Buggly Boo account has shut already. I sent David at CSi a message to see if it was true. He is out partying in New York but he will look at it. I did into the account straight away and it had no friends and had been up since Nov I think.

But u cant blame people for using a different account for this case as if you say a word out of place then you will be threatened.

Anyway lets see what David Says. (csi)

I have just been told by someone they think the inquest has been adjourned until after the trial?? will find out about that tomorrow

• Like 2

Loonydingle.

Chris cooper. ??

Which facebook.

Are you sure you are not talking about the night of the 15. Sean was out at choppers bar at about 8 o'clock.

I just copied and pasted what they wrote on my FB comments.

Looks like they turned of there account now and the link doesn't work.

Howeverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... I took a screen shot....

Very strange goings on.

I have just recently realised I must save everything. Video and pictures are going missing being blocked everywhere. There are dark forces at work ?.

But this fb still does not say the date. Is it the night of the 15th around 8 o'clock.

Or the night of the 14th that Chris is talking about. ?

Loonydingle.

Chris cooper. ??

Which facebook.

I just copied and pasted what they wrote on my FB comments.

Looks like they turned of there account now and the link doesn't work.

Howeverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... I took a screen shot....

Very strange goings on.

I have just recently realised I must save everything. Video and pictures are going missing being blocked everywhere. There are dark forces at work ?.

But this fb still does not say the date. Is it the night of the 15th around 8 o'clock.

Or the night of the 14th that Chris is talking about. ?

Not sure I only know what was written. I have sent David at CSI a PM waiting an accurate response. Sean McAnna was caught in the Koh Tao bar Crawl pics dated 15th Sept though. He doesn't have the Bar Crawl shirt and his has sleeves. He also seems to have headphones around his neck like he was working maybe??

He Also seems to have an Injury on his left Elbow.

post-69687-0-75291500-1420086643_thumb.j

• Like 1

My position is clear. I believe the Burmese are innocent for the many reasons I have stated in several posts previously, one of which is that they would have been grassed up by the locals on the following day together with the withheld CCTV from AC bar had they been involved.

That leads me to one possible conclusion. The withheld CCTV could have implicated other suspects - suspects that have been protected by the RTP, or more seriously, ignored, while a case was made to implicate the two scapegoats chosen to stand trial.

It doesn't need much consideration to reason that maybe family members of the AC bar could have been implicated, and that was the rationale for the initial RTP General to consider Nomsod and Mon as suspects, stating there was enough evidence to place them at the scene of the crime. When he was replaced on 23rd September, the emphasis shifted to arresting suspects PDQ, possibly with political pressure from above not to pursue one or more of the powerful family members. Eventually, both of them were cleared by the RTP - whether the 'clearance' has any validity, is unknown here.

I don't know if Nomsod is a brutal killer, but I do think he was at least involved as a witness to what occurred (because he ran away, or did not give himself up from BKK once the RTP labelled him as wanted for questioning). This is the latest situation that has remained static, and will continue unless by some miracle the Burmese are found to be not guilty. Without new revelations form defence witnesses, the case will rest on the defence dismantling the DNA evidence - that could be tough.

On another point, the person (forget who,) who is seeking justice on behalf of the Burmese along with Andrew Hall welcome TV posters support, and states that several points raised have been useful to the defence.

I hope the above provides more clarity and rationality than 'conspiracy'.

Again you assume he was on the island and not in Bangkok the whole time.

Which is just speculation since there are no witnesses , except a running man video which could be anyone. I am not saying it's impossible but I would be very surprised if he really was on the island that night. Very surprised.

All this is speculation, the focus on nomsod has been like a witch hunt in the social media.

The boy has been cleared , his mistake was that he had an overprotective father and he should have done the DNA test earlier, although that would not been accepted as evidence by you guys anyway.

Edited by balo

There must be hours of CCTV from the island on the night of the murder.

Show it all and let us see what really happened, who was there and who wasn't.

Then there would be no CT talk. If people wanted it would have been cleared up months ago.

• Like 1