Koh Tao murder trial rescheduled

Lite Beer

23.10 on the bike and 00.50 walking perhaps he had time to change as he was going to meet a girl

No. The time on the left is what you should look at.

It is 23.14.

On the bike 23.10

And the he was in the minimart.

And then walking with his mates with the tshirt on.

It cannot be any one of the b3

23.10 on the bike and 00.50 walking perhaps he had time to change as he was going to meet a girl

No. The time on the left is what you should look at.

It is 23.14.

On the bike 23.10

And the he was in the minimart.

And then walking with his mates with the tshirt on.

It cannot be any one of the b3

I think Kev's correct. The time is 00:50 on the 15th of the 9th. I also think it looks like the 3rd Burmese guy but he's now wearing the shirt of the guy sitting at the back of the motorbike.

• Like 2

Just looking at some old reports of these murders soon after they were committed I realize that I misunderstood the situation. I thought that the jealous gay friend of the victim being referred to as a suspect was Chris Ware. What I now understand is that there was another British guy in their group. According to someone who claims to have grown up with Chris and David they met this guy whilst they were in Thailand, and it was this guy that made a run for it on the first ferry off the island at 6am on the 15th, shortly after the murders occurred, whereas Chris Ware stuck around to answer questions before he left, and James Ware had apparently left the island before the murders occurred. This is also the gay man that has been referred to previously. He was detained/arrested in Bangkok, but as far as I can tell he has never been named. Does anyone know anything about this guy?

Tom Wood or Matt Barrat?

Just looking at some old reports of these murders soon after they were committed I realize that I misunderstood the situation. I thought that the jealous gay friend of the victim being referred to as a suspect was Chris Ware. What I now understand is that there was another British guy in their group. According to someone who claims to have grown up with Chris and David they met this guy whilst they were in Thailand, and it was this guy that made a run for it on the first ferry off the island at 6am on the 15th, shortly after the murders occurred, whereas Chris Ware stuck around to answer questions before he left, and James Ware had apparently left the island before the murders occurred. This is also the gay man that has been referred to previously. He was detained/arrested in Bangkok, but as far as I can tell he has never been named. Does anyone know anything about this guy?

Tom Wood or Matt Barrat?

''The tattooed man closest to the camera, on the far right, is believed to be a traveller called Tom who the group had met on the island,'' says 'The Telegraph.'

post-222787-0-54639700-1424730476_thumb.

http://phuketwan.com/tourism/last-photo-shows-hannah-david-drinking-thailands-koh-tao-21044/

Tom Wood or Matt Barrat?

''The tattooed man closest to the camera, on the far right, is believed to be a traveller called Tom who the group had met on the island,'' says 'The Telegraph.'

attachicon.giftom.jpg

http://phuketwan.com/tourism/last-photo-shows-hannah-david-drinking-thailands-koh-tao-21044/

Does anybody see any similarities between the foreigner with asian woman and tom

• Like 1

rockingrobin post # 2109

Does anybody see any similarities between the foreigner with asian woman and tom

Interesting fact there. We are aware that photographic images can be distorted by angles, distance and I presume light or lack of light etc but it is an interesting factor that would be well worth following up as would the following up of the possible two man named as either ''Tom Wood or Matt Barrat.''

Might well be interesting to see if the police in those characters home country could get statements from the two men.

Rockingrobin: No...I don't think they look alike.

Siampolee: Tom Wood moved to Australia...Matt Barratt was with him there...not sure if Matt moved there as well.

The guy in the group photo taken in Choppers Bar above is Matt Barrat, he was initially identified as Tom.

• Like 1

I believe the guy in black walking is Maung Maung and he is wearing Win's t-shirt. It is the same shirt that Win is wearing in the store, I thought at first it wasn't as in the store it looks as though the shirt has short sleeves. However, on the bike you can see it is three quarter lenghth sleeves. The time stamp on the left is from a compilation video of all CCTV images not the actual CCTV time stamp which is on the right. The walking man is the middle man on the bike.

attachicon.gifMaung Maung.jpg attachicon.gifBike.jpg

In the police TV interview with the pathologist. The senior policeman I think Somyot also said that they had an cctv of the 3rd Burmese in a shirt previously worn by one of the B2.

• Like 2

rockingrobin post # 2109

Interesting fact there. We are aware that photographic images can be distorted by angles, distance and I presume light or lack of light etc but it is an interesting factor that would be well worth following up as would the following up of the possible two man named as either ''Tom Wood or Matt Barrat.''

Might well be interesting to see if the police in those characters home country could get statements from the two men.

The bearded man in the cctv has a distinctive tattoo on his upper left arm so it would be easy to tell if they were in fact the same person. I don't think they look alike although both appear to have a round beard with shaved moustache.

I believe the guy in black walking is Maung Maung and he is wearing Win's t-shirt. It is the same shirt that Win is wearing in the store, I thought at first it wasn't as in the store it looks as though the shirt has short sleeves. However, on the bike you can see it is three quarter lenghth sleeves. The time stamp on the left is from a compilation video of all CCTV images not the actual CCTV time stamp which is on the right. The walking man is the middle man on the bike.

In the police TV interview with the pathologist. The senior policeman I think Somyot also said that they had an cctv of the 3rd Burmese in a shirt previously worn by one of the B2.

I not quite sure where the switching of shirts is significant, The last video sighting of David is around 2am , the 3rd burmese with the changed shirt is over 1 hour earlier

minikev, on 24 Feb 2015 - 02:13, said:
siampolee, on 24 Feb 2015 - 00:50, said:

rockingrobin post # 2109

The bearded man in the cctv has a distinctive tattoo on his upper left arm so it would be easy to tell if they were in fact the same person. I don't think they look alike although both appear to have a round beard with shaved moustache.

The bearded man is also wearing glasses and I have not seen a photo of Matt Barratt where he is wearing glasses.

• Like 1

rockingrobin, on 24 Feb 2015 - 02:13, said:]rockingrobin, on 24 Feb 2015 - 02:13, said:rockingrobin, on 24 Feb 2015 - 02:13, said:
minikev, on 24 Feb 2015 - 02:06, said:minikev, on 24 Feb 2015 - 02:06, said:minikev, on 24 Feb 2015 - 02:06, said:
Eirene, on 23 Feb 2015 - 19:16, said:Eirene, on 23 Feb 2015 - 19:16, said:Eirene, on 23 Feb 2015 - 19:16, said:

I not quite sure where the switching of shirts is significant, The last video sighting of David is around 2am , the 3rd burmese with the changed shirt is over 1 hour earlier

Greenchair has several pictures of walking man (please repost if possible). What is the last timestamp? It was thought that he was carrying something which could have been a bottle. Didn't Maung Maung say that we went to fetch more alcohol after the B2 ran out while they were all sitting on the log playing guitar etc.? Why was he wearing Win's t-shirt though and did the RTP ever take it away as evidence? On the day Maung Maung was arrested he was pictured in the same t-shirt (ACTWO) and pants that he was wearing on the back of the motorbike on the night of the murders.

post-222707-0-15225700-1424748037_thumb.

Edited by IslandLover

I was told by another poster that the time on the left is the correct time.

This is a screen shot of a computer. The time on the right is something to do with the guy working with it on the computer. If it can be shown that the time on the left is correct. Then that clears all 3 of being walking man. Since they were on the bike and at minimart at that time.

post-213129-0-64886300-1424763020_thumb.post-213129-0-64886300-1424763020_thumb.

Walking man has a high flat forehead. Compare to Maung Maung, who has a round lower hair line. I think they are similar but not the same

Bass Rungrueang check him out on FB , another ladies man if you know what i mean

• Like 1

With Regards to Sean in comment above. I would put my house up in a bet he knows something. To vague in his answer. An identical injury to David. He has been hanging around the forums. Whisked of the island as soon as he mentioned who done it. The whole thing stinks like my wife's B.. lah. . Fishy stuff.

I agree. Sean is likely a key factor to finding out what really happened. I also agree with Loono's post above, and had thought the same earlier, that: CCTV footage from several hours prior to the crime is not so important as evidence. The most important CCTV is that which shows what went on minutes after the crime - namely: running man in white shorts who looks just like Nomsod (who had a week to change his haircut/sideburns - all the while knowing he was wanted for questioning by officials).

Plus, there was probably CCTV from the bar, and perhaps more CCTV from the surrounding areas. If any of that footage was tampered with or hidden/destroyed, that should be a criminal offense. Don't expect RTP to lift a finger, as it's all fine with them, because it fits hand-in-glove with their on-going plan to shield the H's people (and possibly also fatten top brass' bank accounts).

Edited by boomerangutang
  • Like 1

thailandchilli, on 24 Feb 2015 - 09:26, said:
greenchair, on 24 Feb 2015 - 08:50, said:

I was told by another poster that the time on the left is the correct time.

This is a screen shot of a computer. The time on the right is something to do with the guy working with it on the computer. If it can be shown that the time on the left is correct. Then that clears all 3 of being walking man. Since they were on the bike and at minimart at that time.

attachicon.gifpost-223227-0-74164500-1419216100.pngattachicon.gifpost-223227-0-74164500-1419216100.png

I'm pretty sure the correct time on the screenshots are on the right, the times are normally displayed along with the date and for some reason nearly all cctv's have the time and date on the right. Perhaps the one on the left is the video editor where the RTP was cutting segments of the tape? I also think this is Maung Maung

Me too. That t-shirt with the elbow length sleeves is so distinctive and MM's friend Win was the first to be seen wearing it. It's just too much of a coincidence. He also appears to be carrying a bottle in his left hand which would fit with his story that he went back to get another bottle of alcohol for the B2. It would be nice to know the timestamps on the various CCTV stills of walking man.

People have mentioned a compilation video of the various CCTV images. Has this been published and does anyone have a link to it?

• Like 2

jimmybkk, on 23 Feb 2015 - 20:05, said:

The man who left the island on the first ferry on the day of the murders was never officially named but it was assumed to be Jimmy Ware. Here's a photo, which was taken on or around 17th September 2014, of both Ware brothers being apprehended in Bangkok

post-222707-0-98200700-1424792704_thumb.

Also another photo of the Ware brothers with David Miller believed to have been taken on the same holiday.

post-222707-0-47954100-1424792879_thumb.

Source: Daily Mail UK

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2760012/Smearing-Britons-murdered-paradise-As-hunt-killers-descends-farce-Thai-prime-minister-insults-Western-girls.html

The ferry pier is in the opposite direction from the crime scene and the Ocean View guesthouse so whoever it was who left early in the morning of September 15th may not have known the murders had taken place.