Koh Tao murder trial rescheduled

Lite Beer

rockingrobin, on 23 Feb 2015 - 15:10, said:
rockingrobin, on 23 Feb 2015 - 14:29, said:

The walking man at 04:49;02 is also not the running man

Ignore

Correction , on seeing a clearer video (not much) I am mistaken

With regards to the foreigner and asian woman, does anybody recognise the t-shirt logo

It looks like the Dutch word "kwaad" to me, which coincidentally means "angry" or "evil"! However, I did a google search and found nothing like it at all.

Chetzee, on 24 Feb 2015 - 09:34, said:
greenchair, on 24 Feb 2015 - 09:00, said:

Walking man has a high flat forehead. Compare to Maung Maung, who has a round lower hair line. I think they are similar but not the same

Bass Rungrueang check him out on FB , another ladies man if you know what i mean

For good measure:

https://www.facebook.com/bass.rungrang?fref=pb&hc_location=profile_browser#!/bass.rungrang

One of his friends is the girl who was "missing" a few weeks back.

jimmybkk, on 24 Feb 2015 - 17:33, said:

I thought that Jimmy Ware was said to have left the night before the murders took place.

It was post #101 in this thread that I found interesting, and which suggests it was neither of the Ware's:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/761157-british-backpacker-arrested-for-suspected-murder-of-fellow-britons-at-koh-tao/page-5

So it's a real mystery about the identity of the British tourist who left on the morning of the murders. It's a pity that ferry wasn't stopped from leaving as somebody on it could have been involved. Even if the bodies were discovered after it had departed, it could have been stopped at its destination.

• Like 1

Ignore

With regards to the foreigner and asian woman, does anybody recognise the t-shirt logo

It looks like the Dutch word "kwaad" to me, which coincidentally means "angry" or "evil"! However, I did a google search and found nothing like it at all.

That pic looks to have been manipulated. The logo stands out too clearly.

jimmybkk, on 24 Feb 2015 - 17:33, said:

I thought that Jimmy Ware was said to have left the night before the murders took place.

It was post #101 in this thread that I found interesting, and which suggests it was neither of the Ware's:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/761157-british-backpacker-arrested-for-suspected-murder-of-fellow-britons-at-koh-tao/page-5

So it's a real mystery about the identity of the British tourist who left on the morning of the murders. It's a pity that ferry wasn't stopped from leaving as somebody on it could have been involved. Even if the bodies were discovered after it had departed, it could have been stopped at its destination.

There were suggestions earlier that it was either Matt Barratt or Tom Wood I think - they're both new names to me but apparently they're the 2 guys seen accompanying Hannah around on her last night, which kinda puts them in the thick of things...

I'm guessing it was Tom who was being detained in Bangkok. He appears to be fair-haired and I read that one senior police guy (perhaps Panya) at the time had issued a statement which implied that they believed they had already caught the killer and were just waiting on the DNA result from the hairs that were found to confirm it.

• Like 2

Good memory Jimmy. Bean87 a friend of the Ware's posted back in September that it was a guy from Manchester. That would be Tom Wood. See post #171 here - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/761157-british-backpacker-arrested-for-suspected-murder-of-fellow-britons-at-koh-tao/page-7

Quote by Jimmybkk

"There were suggestions earlier that it was either Matt Barratt or Tom Wood I think - they're both new names to me but apparently they're the 2 guys seen accompanying Hannah around on her last night, which kinda puts them in the thick of things...

I'm guessing it was Tom who was being detained in Bangkok. He appears to be fair-haired and I read that one senior police guy (perhaps Panya) at the time had issued a statement which implied that they believed they had already caught the killer and were just waiting on the DNA result from the hairs that were found to confirm it."

Edit: Sorry messed up the quote.

Edited by Eirene
  • Like 1

Walking man has a high flat forehead. Compare to Maung Maung, who has a round lower hair line. I think they are similar but not the same

Bass Rungrueang check him out on FB , another ladies man if you know what i mean

For good measure:

https://www.facebook.com/bass.rungrang?fref=pb&hc_location=profile_browser#!/bass.rungrang

What girl went missing. Was she found.

• Like 1

Well considering that all passengers entering Thailand by air are tagged in photographs perhaps somewhere in the cavernous vaults the immigration dept there is actual information as to who these persons in the images shown really are and when they departed Thailand and hopefully where to as well.

If that is the case all of these persons can be traced and interviewed, maybe the truth may emerge as to what,and who and when regarding this horrific crime.

Ignore

My Dutch is not great but isn't the word 'boos' the meaning for angry.

The man in the group photo with the tattoos, beard and bangle on left arm – can anyone clarify his name? Tom Wood? Matt Barrett? Is he the person that left the island in the early hours after the bodies were found? ( Picture 1). In this picture he is wearing beige shorts or trousers.

The beige shorts that were said to have been found on the beach (Picture 2) look smaller than the ones David was wearing in the images on CCTV before his death (Picture 3). Measuring the shorts on the screen they come up as approx 8cm across waist (so 16 cm all round waist), 9.5 cm waist to hem and 5cm crotch to hem. David was 6ft 2” or something like that. My husband was that height and had a waist of 36” (92cm) and David didn’t look like he was much bigger built than that. A 92cm waist scaled down to the 16cm waist on screen would mean one cm on screen would equal approx. 5.75cm. (16 x 5.75 = 92). So the on screen the length of 9.5cm would equate to approx 54cm and the crotch to hem would equate approx. 29cm. I am 5ft 4 and my measurement from belly button to bottom of knee is 54cm so either David had very short legs or the waist of the shorts was hanging half way down his bum (which is doesn’t look like in the stills). A measurement of 29cm from crotch to hem (approx. 1 foot) would mean the shorts would be fitting him more like underpants than shorts. In picture 3 the shorts David is wearing look loose fitting and baggy. The measurement at the hem on screen is 4.5cm across, so 9cm all round x 5.75 = 51cm approx. for the circumference of the bottoms, which would seem realistic for the shorts photographed on the beach but not the ones David was wearing.

Picture 4 of tattoo man is I think the same man that was in the group picture number 1 – Tom/Matt? The shorts he is wearing look more like the size of the ones said to have been found on the beach to me. They are shorter – more square in proportion than the ones David is seen to be wearing. The Youtube link – at 0.11mins and 0.19 you can see David’s shorts compared to those worn that night by the tattoo man at 0.15.

post-222787-0-25068600-1424824792_thumb.

post-222787-0-61271100-1424824814_thumb.

post-222787-0-64306500-1424824858_thumb.

post-222787-0-93847300-1424824882_thumb.

Edited by catsanddogs
  • Like 1

Wots the latest with all this?

It appears the police have done zero investigating since Nomsod's sham DNA press release. Well, the testing was probably done professionally (to the best of the lab techs' abilities, considering their tools are limited) - but the DNA which it was compared to (that found on Hannah) is not reliable, because it was in the Headman's custody (purportedly in a fridge at his biz premises), and also in police custody, and we know who the cops are beholden to.

As for 'the latest' with Brit experts and/or Brit Coroner's Office? Essentially the same: NOTHING.

Both Thai and Brits are studiously doing nothing - that we've seen or heard - but for different reasons. The Thais are doing nothing because gov't employees are world class at doing as little as possible (if in doubt, look in any bureaucratic office in Thailand), and cops they're doing what the Headman dictates.

The Brits are doing nothing because they were told they can only be observers by the Thai PM, and. . . . .

Both are doing nothing because, you can't be found wrong if you don't present any findings. It's like if there were an exam at school. If you don't fill out the exam form, you can't be faulted for getting the answers wrong - because you didn't answer the questions. You can get an INCOMPLETE, but Thai and Brit experts don't mind getting 'incompletes' on their assignments.

longstebe, on 25 Feb 2015 - 00:33, said:
IslandLover, on 24 Feb 2015 - 17:34, said:

Ignore

My Dutch is not great but isn't the word 'boos' the meaning for angry.

Yes, "boos" also means angry.

greenchair, on 24 Feb 2015 - 23:27, said:
IslandLover, on 24 Feb 2015 - 17:42, said:

For good measure:

What girl went missing. Was she found.

The missing girl is a diving instructor on Koh Tao. Apparently she was not missing at all - she just didn't want any contact with her family, or so the story goes. This was covered in another thread on Thai Visa.

During the interview with Sean, soon after the crime:

in reference to the death threats against Sean by Mon and Mon's cop friend (big ears).

interviewer: "do you think they did it?"

Sean: "they needed a scapegoat."

Also, besides the wound to his lower right arm (which, as we know, looks just like the wounds to David's neck and body), Sean's left eye looks swelled from damage. It was amazing that Sean got that photo of the two men who threatened his life. If he hadn't gotten that photo, the RTP echoers/shielders of the H's people, would be yelling that there was no such encounter. They try so desperately to deny so many things, and it's no surprise that those dozens of things - are itms/clues/scenarios which implicate Nomsod, Mon and their buddies.

• Like 2

Lets look at this logically, a drunken/junkie clown who has been bringing in business for the local bar suddenly ups and runs from an island after people want to kill him. By chance this is a few days after people were murdered, people who he know, and he is sporting almost identical wounds to that of a murder victim. You don't get a copper and a local mafia geezer trying to off you for no reason, obviously something was up and it wasn't because they didn't like his version of Wonderwall.

I have it on good authority this case has already been decided and both B2 will walk under a 'not enough clear evidence' umbrella, when this will happen I do not know but I doubt it will be this year going by the recent circus. This way the cops do not lose face and it goes down as another Thailand unsolved crime and quite literally it is a case of 'next'. They need it to calm down and disappear before they allow them to walk obviously.

Could you be more explicit on who this 'good authority' is? PM me if it's sensitive.

Lets look at this logically, a drunken/junkie clown who has been bringing in business for the local bar suddenly ups and runs from an island after people want to kill him. By chance this is a few days after people were murdered, people who he know, and he is sporting almost identical wounds to that of a murder victim. You don't get a copper and a local mafia geezer trying to off you for no reason, obviously something was up and it wasn't because they didn't like his version of Wonderwall.

I have it on good authority this case has already been decided and both B2 will walk under a 'not enough clear evidence' umbrella, when this will happen I do not know but I doubt it will be this year going by the recent circus. This way the cops do not lose face and it goes down as another Thailand unsolved crime and quite literally it is a case of 'next'. They need it to calm down and disappear before they allow them to walk obviously.

Could you be more explicit on who this 'good authority' is? PM me if it's sensitive.

I won't name names but they have been very 'active' in their support for the two boys. They are very close to the case put it that way.

I have no reason not to believe them and it would surprise me in the slightest if this is what is being cooked up. Deal with the prosecution team, no loss of face, they both walk, Thailand continues.

• Like 2

Did you see the rapist from Nakhon Patthom had to be let go, even though he confessed to the rapes and murders.

His DNA didn't match that of the victims

When RTP was asked why he confessed to crimes he didn't commit they said " He may have been afraid "

It will be good to hear from the released guy to see what methods were used by RTP to extract a confession, when he would have known the guy who raped and killed on the train down south received a death sentence for raping and killing one person.

eg

I wonder if he still smells of petrol

If all us moderators have to post is a polite netiquette warning then you know that you are behaving nicely. Keep the discussion going.

1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes or colors. It can be difficult to read.

Only a fool would believe this supposition. Really I can't believe you would think this is how it's going to pan out. .....

They claim to have DNA this conclusively ties the B2 to the scene. Unless that's debunked you have a conviction. As far as your claim they are waiting for this to die down your wrong again with this guess at how it's going to pan out. The world's media along with both the British families will be there. It's going to be global. Each and every revelation. This case has attracted so much attention that the RTP cannot afford to loose face. And if you understand Thailand you will know what I am speaking about. As a new member Jack perhaps you just joined to add a few drops of vanilla into the mix. I seriously doubt if you or your supposed good authority have a direct link into the trial judge... LOL..

What I can tell you though is Reprieve and their Lawyers in the UK are pursuing all leads/avenues to ascertain and clarify facts where it involves UK citizens or evidence that UK departments or companies can confirm are accurate. This includes the Police.

Things take time and require a procedure to be followed. Thankfully the judge has given them time.

But you would know that Jack if your in the loop hey ?

If all us moderators have to post is a polite netiquette warning then you know that you are behaving nicely. Keep the discussion going.

1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes or colors. It can be difficult to read.

Please accept my humble apologies. I wasn't aware I had used bold/unusual font.

One question springs to mind tho, Why do you have all the different options if they cant be used ?

This point has been raised and we hope to offer a stripped down editor in the next upgrade of the forum software. ETA ????

Until then we have to trust you all with the Forum Rules.

Please accept my humble apologies. I wasn't aware I had used bold/unusual font.

One question springs to mind tho, Why do you have all the different options if they cant be used ?

This point has been raised and we hope to offer a stripped down editor in the next upgrade of the forum software. ETA ????

Until then we have to trust you all with the Forum Rules.

Lets hope its just the forum software that gets stripped down and not the Mod's.

Posting suspension handed out for flaming. Post responding to flame hidden.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Comments on moderation removed (no matter how mild they are still in violation of the following).

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Lets hope its just the forum software that gets stripped down and not the Mod's.

For the record I'm a hunk! biggrin.png