Koh Tao murder trial rescheduled

Lite Beer

This very brief 3 second video should be required viewing for anyone interested in the Ko Tao murders investigation.

It compares the gait (walking style) of Nomsod - from the U video, to the gait of the man in the white shorts who is fleeing the crime scene minutes after the crime wrapped up. It's at the link below. . . . . .

http://youtu.be/w3sHTxNP2N4

The similarities are striking to any objective viewer. To me, it's as implicating as bloody clothes.

Everything about the gait matches: the right arm straight, and swinging up to shoulder height. The left arm bent at elbow and being held near the belly. The bend of the body as he walks. In the CCTV of the crime night, the walker has a slightly longer stride, but not surprising, if he's in a hurry to put distance between himself and a freshly grizzled murder scene.

• Like 2

In all of the pictures I have found of Mon he is wearing an orange and a white rubber bangle. In the running man video I can't see those present.

Just to be clear I don't believe the running man to be Mon. I don't believe that implicates or the opposite. it is a simple conclusion made with what we the public have been allowed to view.

To Greenchair. How can you say it looks just like him? Just do a google image search and compare. His whole stance , hairline, age, is so obviously different.

• Like 1

thailandchilli, on 18 Feb 2015 - 10:24, said:thailandchilli, on 18 Feb 2015 - 10:24, said:

I see Hannah's family is now asking for donations to help get them out here in July

Dear all...

As many of you know, the trial into the horrific murder of our beautiful Hannah will begin in July this year. As a family we are extremely keen to travel out to Thailand to represent Hannah and to, hopefully, see justice done.

Link to the site is on CSI

It's all over the British media now too. The wording of the appeal would indicate that Hannah's family is convinced the B2 are guilty since they plan to attend the trial also for the sentencing.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/thailand-beach-murders-fund-hannah-5176689

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-norfolk-31502663

Edited by IslandLover
  • Like 1

This very brief 3 second video should be required viewing for anyone interested in the Ko Tao murders investigation.

It compares the gait (walking style) of Nomsod - from the U video, to the gait of the man in the white shorts who is fleeing the crime scene minutes after the crime wrapped up. It's at the link below. . . . . .

The similarities are striking to any objective viewer. To me, it's as implicating as bloody clothes.

Everything about the gait matches: the right arm straight, and swinging up to shoulder height. The left arm bent at elbow and being held near the belly. The bend of the body as he walks. In the CCTV of the crime night, the walker has a slightly longer stride, but not surprising, if he's in a hurry to put distance between himself and a freshly grizzled murder scene.

I have mentioned gait technology before. A walk is almost as individual as a fingerprint.

I belive it was used in the Jamie Bulger case in the UK.

Easy to use as the suspects don't even need to be present.

• Like 2

Remember, during the first 10 days after the crime, there were announcements every day - by RTP - offering updates on the investigation to the general public.

Now, for the past 14 weeks (since Nomsod's sham DNA test), nada, nothing.

Here are some of the reasons:

>>> RTP realized most of their promises (such as; "we're closing in on the real suspects" or "we're searching for the 'running man'") turned out to sound like they were scripted by an inept mystery writer trying to break in to stand-up comedy.

>>> Whereas the initial RTP team was somewhat adept, the replacement team was so focused on shielding the H's people, that they wouldn't even take a look at, or a listen to anything remotely related to Nomsod or Mon or others who should still be prime suspects.

>>> RTP have unlikely been doing any investigating since they announced the scapegoats. If anyone thinks I'm wrong in that assertion, please list one thing RTP have done since Nomsod's sham DNA press release.

Similarly, there has been absolutely nothing announced by British investigators or Coroner's Office, before, during or after their observer-only investigation. I can understand the need for some privacy, but their salaries/equipment/travel expenses are paid by Brit taxpayers, and supposedly they work for the British public. From what I gather, they're paid to look after the interests of British subjects overseas, which includes at least a cursory look at why/how they sometimes get murdered and raped. What have Brit experts done to date? From all appearances: NOTHING.

• Like 1

boomerangutang, on 19 Feb 2015 - 03:55, said:

Remember, during the first 10 days after the crime, there were announcements every day - by RTP - offering updates on the investigation to the general public.

Now, for the past 14 weeks (since Nomsod's sham DNA test), nada, nothing.

Here are some of the reasons:

>>> RTP realized most of their promises (such as; "we're closing in on the real suspects" or "we're searching for the 'running man'") turned out to sound like they were scripted by an inept mystery writer trying to break in to stand-up comedy.

>>> Whereas the initial RTP team was somewhat adept, the replacement team was so focused on shielding the H's people, that they wouldn't even take a look at, or a listen to anything remotely related to Nomsod or Mon or others who should still be prime suspects.

>>> RTP have unlikely been doing any investigating since they announced the scapegoats. If anyone thinks I'm wrong in that assertion, please list one thing RTP have done since Nomsod's sham DNA press release.

Similarly, there has been absolutely nothing announced by British investigators or Coroner's Office, before, during or after their observer-only investigation. I can understand the need for some privacy, but their salaries/equipment/travel expenses are paid by Brit taxpayers, and supposedly they work for the British public. From what I gather, they're paid to look after the interests of British subjects overseas, which includes at least a cursory look at why/how they sometimes get murdered and raped. What have Brit experts done to date? From all appearances: NOTHING.

What have Brit experts done to date? From all appearances: NOTHING.

And they will continue to do nothing until the trial is over. If the trial continues beyond October, the inquest will be further delayed. Even after the trial finishes, it is not certain when the inquest will be held.

Today I read about another inquest which has just taken place in Norfolk (Hannah's home county) for a British woman who was murdered in Tenerife in 2011 - so 4 years after the event! The murderer was sentenced to 20 years in a Spanish mental institution within one year of the crime so why the inquest has taken 4 years to be held, I really do not know.

Here's a reason, as important as any other, that Brit experts should speak up, and (at least) a halfway decent investigation should take place:

The real criminals are almost certainly still roaming free around the island (or at a Bkk U). That's the opinion of the vast majority of folks who are closely following the flawed investigation. Screw protocol and formality and diplomacy. Already since September's crime, a few farang backpackers have died mysteriously on the island. Every day that passes, without any investigative work by Brit or Thai experts, is another day where another one or two backpackers might get mysteriously killed. I feel sympathy for David's and Hannah's family, but no less than I will feel for families of future victims - particularly if those victims could have been protected (but were let down) by the people (paid by taxes) to protect them.

Here's a reason, as important as any other, that Brit experts should speak up, and (at least) a halfway decent investigation should take place:

The real criminals are almost certainly still roaming free around the island (or at a Bkk U). That's the opinion of the vast majority of folks who are closely following the flawed investigation. Screw protocol and formality and diplomacy. Already since September's crime, a few farang backpackers have died mysteriously on the island. Every day that passes, without any investigative work by Brit or Thai experts, is another day where another one or two backpackers might get mysteriously killed. I feel sympathy for David's and Hannah's family, but no less than I will feel for families of future victims - particularly if those victims could have been protected (but were let down) by the people (paid by taxes) to protect them.

It has been shown time and again in cases like this. When the true killers are not prosecuted,they will certainly do it again.

• Like 1

It's all over the British media now too. The wording of the appeal would indicate that Hannah's family is convinced the B2 are guilty since they plan to attend the trial also for the sentencing.

Maybe someone here should put together a packet of all the evidence pointing away from the B2 and get it in the hands of Hannah's family. They should be able to make a well-informed decision. It's pretty common for a victim's family to toe the official line because they want closure, their feelings overwhelm their reason and they end up being part of scapegoating. In reading about Americans who were wrongly sent to the death chamber this phenomenon came up many times.

Any concern for their feelings has to balanced with the two possibly innocent lives hanging in the balance, since their opinions, rightly or wrongly, carry some weight, they should know how much evidence points away from these two guys.

They only have to understand that had it been the B2 they would have been grassed up the following day by the locals.

How many locals were up at 3 am on the beach? Very few for sure. Thais will attempt to harm suspects in reenactments when they're sure the suspects are guilty and when those suspects have killed people they know and/ or love.

But when the victims are strangers and the suspects are too, do you think they'll react in an enactment? No.

• Like 1

Maybe someone here should put together a packet of all the evidence pointing away from the B2 and get it in the hands of Hannah's family. They should be able to make a well-informed decision. It's pretty common for a victim's family to toe the official line because they want closure, their feelings overwhelm their reason and they end up being part of scapegoating. In reading about Americans who were wrongly sent to the death chamber this phenomenon came up many times.

Any concern for their feelings has to balanced with the two possibly innocent lives hanging in the balance, since their opinions, rightly or wrongly, carry some weight, they should know how much evidence points away from these two guys.

They only have to understand that had it been the B2 they would have been grassed up the following day by the locals.

How many locals were up at 3 am on the beach? Very few for sure. Thais will attempt to harm suspects in reenactments when they're sure the suspects are guilty and when those suspects have killed people they know and/ or love.

But when the victims are strangers and the suspects are too, do you think they'll react in an enactment? No.

It hurt the money in their pockets. Not many Thai's have bigger better friends than their wallets.

Would you like the details to send it to

Wrong. Plus, at the condolence events after the crime, many non-farang locals paid their respects - with flowers/prayers/tears.

A heinous crime is a heinous crime. Do you think Thais wouldn't have a passionate response because they're not racially related to the victims?

You mention :".....the suspects are too,...." If Thais are angry at Burmese (for whatever reason), are they going to stifle their responses, because the culprits are Burmese? That's the most twisted logic I've heard for a long time. <snip>

Edited by Jai Dee
flame deleted
  • Like 1

Boomerangutang, do you know the Thai expression, Thai mung? It means a crowd of onlookers, it's a Thai pastime, I have no axe to grind in this case, the Burmese could well be innocent, but to assume the crowd's lack of palpable anger means no one thinks the Burmese are guilty is a jump in logic imo.

• Like 2

I haven't heard much about this story recently.

Did the two chaps actually get bail until the July hearing? The OP says the Burmese Government were prepared to pay for it.

If they did, they should be doing more to raise awareness and protest their innocence. Can't see that the army would allow bail in case that were to happen.

Did the two chaps actually get bail until the July hearing? The OP says the Burmese Government were prepared to pay for it.

If they did, they should be doing more to raise awareness and protest their innocence. Can't see that the army would allow bail in case that were to happen.

No bail.

The case isn't being heard in a military court.

Highly unlikely bail would be granted. Flight risk, but most of all the prosecution's case is on shaky ground so keeping the scapegoats suspects under control helps the prosecution. After all, as has been evident to the non-brainwashed among us, from the start (as appears to be so often the case) this has been about finding someone convenient to blame for the crime.

Edited by PaPiPuPePo
  • Like 2

Boomerangutang, do you know the Thai expression, Thai mung? It means a crowd of onlookers, it's a Thai pastime, I have no axe to grind in this case, the Burmese could well be innocent, but to assume the crowd's lack of palpable anger means no one thinks the Burmese are guilty is a jump in logic imo.

I guess your not Thai are you.

2 of my wife's friends came back from there at xmas and there thoughts are, everybody knows it was not those lads, but everyone afraid. if they speak then the can be dead. cannot stay on Koh Tao. So they keep quite.

After 20 odd years listening to the Thai's I would probably go along with them than your version. Also the re enactment was in broad daylight not 3am. Nigh on everyone on the Island is suffering from the drop in tourism and I have seen many many times when they attack the suspects. Especially if it affects them and their livelihood.

Anyway that my take on it.

Couple that with the RTP chief denying the UK MPS the right to verify and investigate the case, speaks volumes. Its the opposite of what you would expect from a country that cares about tourism and their global appearance to would be travellers. But then I guess they thought it would just get buried in the news and forgotten. Unfortunately for them it will not.

Families will be attending. Despite their initial thoughts that they have the correct people as they find the strength to examine the case through their assistant's translating they will see the same flaws that we have.

• Like 2