Koh Tao murder trial rescheduled

Lite Beer

For the record I'm a hunk! biggrin.png

So are most of the Ladies in Nana Plaza, but I don't want to see them naked.
Berry sorry to tell you this but some of those lady's on the 3rd floor are not really ladies. They are men. My M8 told me... Edited by loonodingle

On the whole issue of the RTP having to save face. I find it very interesting that the confessor of 10 rapes on elderly women was released as the crimescene DNA didn't match. This does away with the theory that they will push forward for a conviction no matter what.It suggests to me that the DNA evidence they have on the B2 is stronger than I thought.

I'm not making a u turn as I still don't believe the B2 did this crime. I simply find it interesting that in the serial rapists case it was all over for this suspect as his name was in the papers calling him a serial rapist and murderer, he had confessed and yet as the DNA wasn't a match he was released and is now a free man. Does this make the police lose face? Certainly not the ones that freed him as DNA didn't match he was not guilty. Perhaps the ones that took his confession may lose a little.

I believe the scenario related by Sean, the way he described it - of him cowering behind a store counter, with two men staring down at him - and the dialogue. Things in real life don't often happen as if they were scripted. With the benefit of hindsight, sure the scenario might have unfolded differently. If cops were doing a half-way decent investigative job, they would have listened to Sean, and then interviewed Mon and the cop SEPARATELY to try and piece together what happened before, during and after that convenience store incident. They would have pieced it together without allowing Mon and his cop friend the benefit of syncronizing their stories - but that's not possible with Thai detectives - for the same reasons Thai cops never do sting operations (it's too tough to keep a secret or keep from spilling the beans).

Cops should have also kept Sean in custody, or at least got sworn testimony from him.

Cops did interview Mon for 3 hours, but we'll never know what happened there.

Cops probably didn't question any of the half dozen or so other 'people of interest' which they should have spoken with. Altogether a less-than-shoddy job of investigation. At least Brit officials can use the soggy excuse that they weren't allowed to do any investigative work. ....excepting the Coroner's Office, which was supposed to do some forensic work as soon as they rec'd the two bodies from Thailand. Whether or not they did their jobs - we may never know. However, if Thai officials get their way, the general public will NEVER see/hear results of the British Coroner's Office in this case.

• Like 2

I believe the scenario related by Sean, the way he described it - of him cowering behind a store counter, with two men staring down at him - and the dialogue. Things in real life don't often happen as if they were scripted. With the benefit of hindsight, sure the scenario might have unfolded differently. If cops were doing a half-way decent investigative job, they would have listened to Sean, and then interviewed Mon and the cop SEPARATELY to try and piece together what happened before, during and after that convenience store incident. They would have pieced it together without allowing Mon and his cop friend the benefit of syncronizing their stories - but that's not possible with Thai detectives - for the same reasons Thai cops never do sting operations (it's too tough to keep a secret or keep from spilling the beans).

Cops should have also kept Sean in custody, or at least got sworn testimony from him.

Cops probably didn't question any of the half dozen or so other 'people of interest' which they should have spoken with. Altogether a less-than-shoddy job of investigation. At least Brit officials can use the soggy excuse that they weren't allowed to do any investigative work. ....excepting the Coroner's Office, which was supposed to do some forensic work as soon as they rec'd the two bodies from Thailand. Whether or not they did their jobs - we may never know. However, if Thai officials get their way, the general public will NEVER see/hear results of the British Coroner's Office in this case.

I agree with most of what you said.

Except the Coroner. I have sat with the case officer and I can assure you whilst he couldn't comment specifically on Hannah's case he assured me if they can carry out a full forensic post mortem then they always do that. A lot will depend on the condition of the body upon repatriation.

You must also understand that what ever they found will be revealed at the inquest. They do not interfere in the criminal trial. its not their purpose. they rule who where when and how and if a trial is underway they always wait until the trial have finished, that's regardless of a UK court or Thai. You can answer those W,W,W,H questions yourself. So don't expect any revelations................... EXCEPT..

The defence do have a right to obtain the results of the post mortem. They will have applied for those I can assure you. So anything in conflict with the RTP assertion's will be challenged if it exists.

Edited by loonodingle
  • Like 1

Lets look at this logically, a drunken/junkie clown who has been bringing in business for the local bar suddenly ups and runs from an island after people want to kill him. By chance this is a few days after people were murdered, people who he know, and he is sporting almost identical wounds to that of a murder victim. You don't get a copper and a local mafia geezer trying to off you for no reason, obviously something was up and it wasn't because they didn't like his version of Wonderwall.

I have it on good authority this case has already been decided and both B2 will walk under a 'not enough clear evidence' umbrella, when this will happen I do not know but I doubt it will be this year going by the recent circus. This way the cops do not lose face and it goes down as another Thailand unsolved crime and quite literally it is a case of 'next'. They need it to calm down and disappear before they allow them to walk obviously.

Regarding Sean, we only have his word that the conversation he had with Mon and the cop was all about him being threatened, and what kind of hit men decide to tell their intended target what they are planning in advance??? ...and then stick around posing for pics for Sean to post on Facebook??? ... and don't just grab the phone from him and smash it???

In my experience it would have taken quite some time to get that photo of Mon and the cop in the convenience store showing just the right amount of menace. No doubt the first few attempts had to be deleted because Mon, being Thai, couldn't resist giving the peace sign... Then the cop got the giggles so they had to take a break... Then Sean's so off his nut coz he's been holed up and getting on the pipe for a couple of days that he's trying to convince them to climb into the deep freeze cabinet for a pic... "Seriously guys, you should do it... I did it before and it was a hoot... Got soooo many Likes on FB too...". I reckon it took 20 minutes at least to take that pic. And in the meantime Sean's posting things on FB like: "Tell Sky News to call me..." Uhhmmm... OK Sean... so Sky News have the telephone number of that convenience store worker who's phone you're using...? Oh please - gimme a break!

Now is probably a good time for a reminder about just how small Koh Tao is. There was some idiot on here a while ago trying to suggest that the number of suspicious deaths/murder of foreigners was not unusually high on Koh Tao if compared with other tourist islands such as Phuket. The obfuscators on these threads give away so much about their motives and intentions when they start using arguments such as this. For reference, here is a very rough image showing the difference in size between Phuket and Koh Tao. (I roughly traced around the islands from the same elevation using Google Earth)

Phuket - Koh Tao.jpg

The big grey blob is Phuket and the little speck next to it is Koh Tao. I'm not sure if you can make it out but the red area on the little speck is Sairee Beach - where the action is. If 2 people rented one of those 2-man surf canoe and set off on a trip around Koh Tao at breakfast, they would most likely be back to where they started from by lunchtime. That's how small this island is. Not so long ago a lady completed a non-stop swim around the island in a little over 9 hours, despite having to deal with the currents, the choppy seas and getting really tired.

To compare the 2 islands is a pathetic and disgraceful attempt to normalize the events that took place down there. If I had to go to one of those islands when i knew there was a psychotic murderer still on the loose, I think I know which one I'd take my chances on. And yet people defend the island by saying things like: "These things happen in every country all over the world, it's not just on Koh Tao." "People shouldn't stop going there just because of this incident." "I feel much safer there than I do in my own country..." and to some extent they may be correct, but anyone choosing to go there should take a look at that image and keep this in mind: If you go to Koh Tao you will probably end up hanging out in that little red bit of the island, and roaming freely somewhere in that little red bit there is almost certainly more than one person that took part in an incredibly brutal double homicide. Despite the fact that the victims were two young, foreign tourists, these killers were so certain that they would get away with the murder that they didn't even bother trying to conceal or dispose of the bodies, nor the murder weapon. In fact they were so confident that they even took the time afterwards to stage the crime scene and pose at least one of the bodies, and sure enough it looks very much like they were right to be so confident. When you go out at night to the bars in that little red bit, if you stay there for a few days there is a very good chance that at some point you will be rubbing shoulders with the people who did this, so I would suggest you try not to spill anyone's drink whilst you're there. Enjoy your stay! Oh, and by the way, don't expect any of the residents to come to your assistance if you do get in trouble, nor to help bring your killers to justice in the unlikely event that you also get murdered while you're there - that's not the way things are done down there...

A few years ago a prominent Thai businessman on Koh Tao was standing on Sairee Beach talking with some friends/associates when a man in a ski mask walked up to him in broad daylight and put 6 bullets into him, killing him right there (RIP to the deceased). According to reports the shooter then casually walked away from the scene (no getaway car, motorbike, boat or whatever) and nobody was ever charged with the murder. I think it's clear that if they had wanted Sean dead he would be dead. There are a thousand ways they could've done it. It wouldn't be necessary to drag him off to the hills for a lynching to make it look like a suicide. But they didn't. Why? Well one reason perhaps is because Sean was working for those guys - they knew him well. He was the bridge between them and the tourists. No backpacker wants to be asking Thais if they can get some weed or some pills - they've all heard the stories of getting grassed up by the guy you bought it from. So instead it's common knowledge that if you're looking for something you go speak to the Guitar Man... I would also imagine he was so involved in what went down that night that if he did start making accusations or revealing what he knows he could not avoid implicating himself.

So well said. You should be a writer. So true. Bless ????

I was threatened by 2 men a while ago. They said to me if I did not ----- then I would be killed at some time in the future. I said I would call the police and I would not do what they wanted. They said that's fine. There will be no more warnings. I do believe Sean was the go between. I do think he may possibly be partly involved and did not mean for it to go so far. I think he ran when hannah got battered. He may have started freaking out, and they just wanted him to shut up.

There's a big difference between going to prison for rape and going for murder.

Probably Sean knows that

I was threatened by 2 men a while ago. They said to me if I did not ----- then I would be killed at some time in the future. I said I would call the police and I would not do what they wanted. They said that's fine. There will be no more warnings. I do believe Sean was the go between. I do think he may possibly be partly involved and did not mean for it to go so far. I think he ran when hannah got battered. He may have started freaking out, and they just wanted him to shut up.

Probably Sean knows that

I don't doubt you being threatened and it's quite possible sean was too. What I meant in my earlier post is that the people that go through with such things do not threaten first they just do it.

• Like 1

Probably Sean knows that

I don't doubt you being threatened and it's quite possible sean was too. What I meant in my earlier post is that the people that go through with such things do not threaten first they just do it.

Yes, I hope you are right.

I thought that too. But you never know.

Probably Sean knows that

Yes, I hope you are right.

I thought that too. But you never know.

Totally off this topic but after reading quite a few of your posts moving might be a good option.

Probably Sean knows that

Well I would have to say that maybe that isn't correct.

If they didn't want another murder straight away as it would have had even more bad publicity then the way they handles was correct wasn't. win win. he is out of the way. No further deaths. Alls good. Think about it. If they wanted to kill him they would have done it. Bundled him in a boat and fish food. They wanted him out and of the Island as he is the weak link. They are satisfied with that. they knew he wouldn't talk as he knows to much. If he does you can bet your life he has something he doesn't want us to know.

• Like 1

I think Sean has nothing to offer in this case. My belief is that he was probably speculating himself and got a polite warning. He in turn shxt it and understandably so if he himself believed the people handing out the warning were involved.

There are a lot of mysterious suicides here but I have never heard of people having been threatened to commit suicide. It just happens! No threats or warnings. Sean had been put up with until then as a busker with no work permit probably not having much money to spend in the bars he will have been a connection between the newest crowd and the scene.

He was well known and would have been very easy to find even in hiding on such a tiny island especially by the people he said wanted to kill him.

Mini Kev,

On that theory can you explain his injurys? would you say its coincidental he got the same type as David. Also why would he first claim he got it falling off a motorbike and then change that after people pointed out there is no grazing, to I was stabbed over a room for rent......

For all we know u could be Sean..

post-69687-0-89367700-1424872677_thumb.j

Probably Sean knows that

Well I would have to say that maybe that isn't correct.

If they didn't want another murder straight away as it would have had even more bad publicity then the way they handles was correct wasn't. win win. he is out of the way. No further deaths. Alls good. Think about it. If they wanted to kill him they would have done it. Bundled him in a boat and fish food. They wanted him out and of the Island as he is the weak link. They are satisfied with that. they knew he wouldn't talk as he knows to much. If he does you can bet your life he has something he doesn't want us to know.

Not buyin that. If they knew he could implicate them in 2 brutal murders there is no way he would walk. He is too nervous and weak to hold such information. He also dabbles according to many people on here so in an unstable state he would be very dangerous to them. I don't think he KNOWS anything about the murders. I think he knows a lot about the workings of the island and who pays who along with habits of people.

• Like 2

Lets look at this logically, a drunken/junkie clown who has been bringing in business for the local bar suddenly ups and runs from an island after people want to kill him. By chance this is a few days after people were murdered, people who he know, and he is sporting almost identical wounds to that of a murder victim. You don't get a copper and a local mafia geezer trying to off you for no reason, obviously something was up and it wasn't because they didn't like his version of Wonderwall.

I have it on good authority this case has already been decided and both B2 will walk under a 'not enough clear evidence' umbrella, when this will happen I do not know but I doubt it will be this year going by the recent circus. This way the cops do not lose face and it goes down as another Thailand unsolved crime and quite literally it is a case of 'next'. They need it to calm down and disappear before they allow them to walk obviously.

Could you be more explicit on who this 'good authority' is? PM me if it's sensitive.

I won't name names but they have been very 'active' in their support for the two boys. They are very close to the case put it that way.

I have no reason not to believe them and it would surprise me in the slightest if this is what is being cooked up. Deal with the prosecution team, no loss of face, they both walk, Thailand continues.

I think I know who your source maybe and it sounds like a real possibility but regardless the DNA is the key to this case for the prosecutors, if the judge accepts it as evidence despite the international and local concerns of it being unverified independently then it will be enough to confirm that they had sex with Hannah? But not rape or murder. The other evidence against them seems sketchy to say the least and judging by the UK police report on BBC radio even the selected pieces of evidence they were shown was confusing and full of inconsistencies.

We have concerns about planting of evidence, people attempting to destroy evidence, witness bribery, the list goes on and on and its all recorded. The defense will be using this to their advantage in every way they can. Even if the B2 were involved in this crime I am 100% sure they were not the leading players, there's even concerns that a woman may have been involved with that missing cctv that the RTP have not shown and who knows this may not be a woman but a ladyboy!

Then we have Mon refuse to take a DNA test, only to allow it to happen later? No we are seeing a massive and collective coverup of the real circumstances I am sure.

The only way out for the courts/judges would indeed be to release them through lack of clear evidence or perhaps convict them of separate charges such as rape. We will never know for sure the real killers and all that were involved in the actual crime and those involved in the coverup

• Like 1

I think Sean has nothing to offer in this case. My belief is that he was probably speculating himself and got a polite warning. He in turn shxt it and understandably so if he himself believed the people handing out the warning were involved.

There are a lot of mysterious suicides here but I have never heard of people having been threatened to commit suicide. It just happens! No threats or warnings. Sean had been put up with until then as a busker with no work permit probably not having much money to spend in the bars he will have been a connection between the newest crowd and the scene.

He was well known and would have been very easy to find even in hiding on such a tiny island especially by the people he said wanted to kill him.

Mini Kev,

On that theory can you explain his injurys? would you say its coincidental he got the same type as David. Also why would he first claim he got it falling off a motorbike and then change that after people pointed out there is no grazing, to I was stabbed over a room for rent......

For all we know u could be Sean..

attachicon.gifDavids andd Seans Injury.jpg

I agree that the wounds look like they came from the same type of weapon or blow etc. The pathologist said Davids were from a blunt instrument causing the skin to part as there was no scar to the bone as would be the case with a blade.

When were the first images of Sean's wounds shown? Were they part of his polite warning long after the murders? I haven't researched that and so I can't answer you.

As for your last suggestion that I could be Sean. Read some of my old posts.

I am 3 times his age with a wife and children.

• Like 1

I agree that the wounds look like they came from the same type of weapon or blow etc. The pathologist said Davids were from a blunt instrument causing the skin to part as there was no scar to the bone as would be the case with a blade.

When were the first images of Sean's wounds shown? Were they part of his polite warning long after the murders? I haven't researched that and so I can't answer you.

You can read what he himself said about that here: https://crimesontheblog.wordpress.com/category/koh-tao-sept-2014/the-players-more/sean-mcanna/

The account he used to publish those comments has been closed, no doubt due to the systematic campaign of harassment and defamation from the Truth and Justice League.

If you don't want to read all the comments, the short of it is that the cuts some people are busy weaving into conspiracy theories happened days before the murders.

Please don't tell me you believe social media posts by Sean! Especially when his friend Sven disagrees with him and says Sean told him the cut was made by a Thai guy of a disagreement about a room! Oh well if you believe it up to you, we Truth and Justice league prefer a few more sources of reports before we believe everything put in front of us

Except the Coroner. I have sat with the case officer and I can assure you whilst he couldn't comment specifically on Hannah's case he assured me if they can carry out a full forensic post mortem then they always do that. A lot will depend on the condition of the body upon repatriation.

You must also understand that what ever they found will be revealed at the inquest. They do not interfere in the criminal trial. its not their purpose. they rule who where when and how and if a trial is underway they always wait until the trial have finished, that's regardless of a UK court or Thai. You can answer those W,W,W,H questions yourself. So don't expect any revelations................... EXCEPT..

The defence do have a right to obtain the results of the post mortem. They will have applied for those I can assure you. So anything in conflict with the RTP assertion's will be challenged if it exists.

You'll notice, in the quoted text above, I enlarged the word 'who.' Will the Coroner's Office venture to deduce WHO? It will be interesting if they do, but I predict (if so) it will be a vague reference (like the RTP, early in the investigation, who deduced it was an Asian). The Brit coroner can take the easy way out, and simply say she's not in the biz of solving crimes, ....but simply charged with determining a few bits of data regarding the bodies. When, where, and perhaps what sort of weapon was used.

Will the Brit Coroner venture to match DNA from Hannah with DNA with suspects and former suspects? Very doubtful (part of the reason: It's doubtful the Brits have DNA typing from anyone on the island). Added reasons why the Brit Coroner probably won't do more than minimal cursory forensics: because it's so very important to Thai officials that the real culprits not be ID'd. There is now, and will continue to be Thai diplomatic pressure upon the Brit Coroner to be vague in that regard. Best of all, from Thai officialdom's perspective, is for the Brit Coroner to not be at all concerned about 'WHO.'

I just re-read Loono's post #2167 and realized that when he mentioned the coroner's job of determining 'who' - it may be a reference to 'who was killed' rather than 'who were the murderers.'

So, I may be barking up the wrong tree, when thinking the Brit coroner may endeavor to determine who the killers were. Instead, she may only need to identify who was murdered. Set me on the right track.

What I meant in my earlier post is that the people that go through with such things do not threaten first they just do it.

Sean was bar-hoping buddies with Mon and some other 'people of interest.' There is at least one allegation that Sean was involved with the drug scene at the bars. Whether true or not, he was a party boy at the party bars. Sean's blurb about what happened right after the crimes is believable. Plus (I think it was Loono who also said this)... if Mon (and his cop friend) were part of the crime, then they wouldn't be inclined to drag Sean out, screaming, and kill him on the chance he might speak of what he knows/saw. It's a small island. The two guys could barely even physically catch up with him - and wound up cornering him behind a counter in a store. The phone call and the photo probably cooled the would-be murderers, into figuring their threat served its purpose. With police assistance, Mon and the cop friend saw to it that Sean was quickly kicked out of Thailand and hushed up in the process (too scared to speak up about what he really knows). So Mon and the cops accomplished what they set out to do.

Next on Mon's agenda, after that: telling investigators that it was he on the CCTV. But most importantly, conveying the order to cops to not investigate anything which might implicate his nephew or any other of his brother's people. It would be surprising if there was not big money accompanying that hush order. Soon after, a replacement head cop was appointed by Bkk, and Mon and Nomsod could rest easy.

The only thorn in their sandals are pesky social media posters like us.

I think I have to agree 100% with you on this. He was away from the island hands shaken by the poleee and never to be seen again............... Can You Read This AleG.. Off and away.. a potential witness who was being threatened with murder allowed to leave the scene of the crime.

The same potential witness who in the link you posted has been described as a liar. In fact Chris Cooper of Planet Dive who knows Sean had already said he was out with/saw Sean that night. He then asked for the comment to be removed when someone copied and pasted it. He was under threat.........

Facts M8 Facts..

No evidence provided of Sean's Injury's prior to the murders despite people asking him.

Nothing Zilch just words..... Which he would say wouldn't he.

There's only been one guy on the island who had links to these people who had similar injurys and ran around saying he knew who done it............But hey lets take AleG's advice and ignore it.. NOT..!!

How much problem did they have with the re enactment as well..... The script was lacking in facts..

"We went that way back to our room"

"No you went that away Ok ...Nahhh"

post-69687-0-65311100-1424882052_thumb.j

You've got to love the Double handshake as well.... and the bruised eye

post-69687-0-64232600-1424882180_thumb.j

Edited by loonodingle
  • Like 2

You can read what he himself said about that here: https://crimesontheblog.wordpress.com/category/koh-tao-sept-2014/the-players-more/sean-mcanna/

The account he used to publish those comments has been closed, no doubt due to the systematic campaign of harassment and defamation from the Truth and Justice League.

If you don't want to read all the comments, the short of it is that the cuts some people are busy weaving into conspiracy theories happened days before the murders.

Despite all of this confusion about cuts and when they happened, I would like to reiterate that it's a crying shame Mon and "Big Ears" didn't actually go through with their intended threat. A world with Sean McAnna in it doesn't do anyone much good. He knows the truth but has been gagged, leaving the country with too many unanswered questions. Knowing he's out there--probably bullshitting and partying his way through islands in Italy--with the truth is annoying. He's 'dirty' and will never be forced to come clean. Had he suffered the intentions of Mon and Big Ears...well, at least there wouldn't be as much grey area floating around this case. And I could live easier with that, quite honestly.

• Like 1

You'll notice, in the quoted text above, I enlarged the word 'who.' Will the Coroner's Office venture to deduce WHO? It will be interesting if they do, but I predict (if so) it will be a vague reference (like the RTP, early in the investigation, who deduced it was an Asian). The Brit coroner can take the easy way out, and simply say she's not in the biz of solving crimes, ....but simply charged with determining a few bits of data regarding the bodies. When, where, and perhaps what sort of weapon was used.

Will the Brit Coroner venture to match DNA from Hannah with DNA with suspects and former suspects? Very doubtful (part of the reason: It's doubtful the Brits have DNA typing from anyone on the island). Added reasons why the Brit Coroner probably won't do more than minimal cursory forensics: because it's so very important to Thai officials that the real culprits not be ID'd. There is now, and will continue to be Thai diplomatic pressure upon the Brit Coroner to be vague in that regard. Best of all, from Thai officialdom's perspective, is for the Brit Coroner to not be at all concerned about 'WHO.'

Sorry

WHO the deceased is?

When they Died?

Where they died?

How they died?

You have misunderstood the WHO

What??? Are you serious? OMG I can't believe it...! The harassment and defamation was so bad that he actually had to close one of his social media accounts? This has escalated way out of control and I for one am now feeling uber guilty. I think I speak for all of us when I say we never expected it to go so far that anyone would actually have to close one of their social media accounts over this whole thing... I'm devastated... Poor Sean...

But...he's gonna be OK though, right? I mean.... he's gonna pull through this, right? Oh please tell me that he's gonna be OK... What are the webmasters saying? Will he be able to open another account again... someday...?

Lol, you crack me up AleG. It's great to have you back!

OK, so actually if anyone doesn't want to read all the comments the short of it is that Sean is explaining away the injuries and suggesting he can get CCTV evidence and witness testimony to prove that what he is saying is true if he is legally required to, which seems quite a bold statement given the scarcity of CCTV footage and the lack of witnesses willing to speak up about anything. So in fact the only confirmation that the cuts happened days before the murders comes from Sean's friend Sven, but then Sean and Sven can't agree on what caused the cut that looks like a knife wound. Sven seems certain it was a knife wound whereas Sean is sticking to the motorbike accident story... Who to believe...? I'm thinking that as witnesses go they are looking a bit shaky, but you seem happy to accept that they must be correct about when the cuts happened. Uhmmm... Anyone for cherry-picking?

The part I enjoyed most though was when Sean reminded us that he is a die-hard conspiracy theorist and doesn't have much time for people who think the 2 Burmese lads are actually guilty:

"I've also mentioned that no one believes it was the 2 Burmese guys and anyone would be stupid to even consider it"

• Like 2

Regarding Sean, we only have his word that the conversation he had with Mon and the cop was all about him being threatened, and what kind of hit men decide to tell their intended target what they are planning in advance??? ...and then stick around posing for pics for Sean to post on Facebook??? ... and don't just grab the phone from him and smash it???

In my experience it would have taken quite some time to get that photo of Mon and the cop in the convenience store showing just the right amount of menace. No doubt the first few attempts had to be deleted because Mon, being Thai, couldn't resist giving the peace sign... Then the cop got the giggles so they had to take a break... Then Sean's so off his nut coz he's been holed up and getting on the pipe for a couple of days that he's trying to convince them to climb into the deep freeze cabinet for a pic... "Seriously guys, you should do it... I did it before and it was a hoot... Got soooo many Likes on FB too...". I reckon it took 20 minutes at least to take that pic. And in the meantime Sean's posting things on FB like: "Tell Sky News to call me..." Uhhmmm... OK Sean... so Sky News have the telephone number of that convenience store worker who's phone you're using...? Oh please - gimme a break!

Now is probably a good time for a reminder about just how small Koh Tao is. There was some idiot on here a while ago trying to suggest that the number of suspicious deaths/murder of foreigners was not unusually high on Koh Tao if compared with other tourist islands such as Phuket. The obfuscators on these threads give away so much about their motives and intentions when they start using arguments such as this. For reference, here is a very rough image showing the difference in size between Phuket and Koh Tao. (I roughly traced around the islands from the same elevation using Google Earth)

attachicon.gifPhuket - Koh Tao.jpg

The big grey blob is Phuket and the little speck next to it is Koh Tao. I'm not sure if you can make it out but the red area on the little speck is Sairee Beach - where the action is. If 2 people rented one of those 2-man surf canoe and set off on a trip around Koh Tao at breakfast, they would most likely be back to where they started from by lunchtime. That's how small this island is. Not so long ago a lady completed a non-stop swim around the island in a little over 9 hours, despite having to deal with the currents, the choppy seas and getting really tired.

To compare the 2 islands is a pathetic and disgraceful attempt to normalize the events that took place down there. If I had to go to one of those islands when i knew there was a psychotic murderer still on the loose, I think I know which one I'd take my chances on. And yet people defend the island by saying things like: "These things happen in every country all over the world, it's not just on Koh Tao." "People shouldn't stop going there just because of this incident." "I feel much safer there than I do in my own country..." and to some extent they may be correct, but anyone choosing to go there should take a look at that image and keep this in mind: If you go to Koh Tao you will probably end up hanging out in that little red bit of the island, and roaming freely somewhere in that little red bit there is almost certainly more than one person that took part in an incredibly brutal double homicide. Despite the fact that the victims were two young, foreign tourists, these killers were so certain that they would get away with the murder that they didn't even bother trying to conceal or dispose of the bodies, nor the murder weapon. In fact they were so confident that they even took the time afterwards to stage the crime scene and pose at least one of the bodies, and sure enough it looks very much like they were right to be so confident. When you go out at night to the bars in that little red bit, if you stay there for a few days there is a very good chance that at some point you will be rubbing shoulders with the people who did this, so I would suggest you try not to spill anyone's drink whilst you're there. Enjoy your stay! Oh, and by the way, don't expect any of the residents to come to your assistance if you do get in trouble, nor to help bring your killers to justice in the unlikely event that you also get murdered while you're there - that's not the way things are done down there...

A few years ago a prominent Thai businessman on Koh Tao was standing on Sairee Beach talking with some friends/associates when a man in a ski mask walked up to him in broad daylight and put 6 bullets into him, killing him right there (RIP to the deceased). According to reports the shooter then casually walked away from the scene (no getaway car, motorbike, boat or whatever) and nobody was ever charged with the murder. I think it's clear that if they had wanted Sean dead he would be dead. There are a thousand ways they could've done it. It wouldn't be necessary to drag him off to the hills for a lynching to make it look like a suicide. But they didn't. Why? Well one reason perhaps is because Sean was working for those guys - they knew him well. He was the bridge between them and the tourists. No backpacker wants to be asking Thais if they can get some weed or some pills - they've all heard the stories of getting grassed up by the guy you bought it from. So instead it's common knowledge that if you're looking for something you go speak to the Guitar Man... I would also imagine he was so involved in what went down that night that if he did start making accusations or revealing what he knows he could not avoid implicating himself.

Good post. I put that theory up about McAnna possibly being the middle man for drugs some months ago here but other posters seemed to think that drugs were so easily accessible to tourists on Koh Tao that no middle man was necessary. Can't imagine how that man is able to sleep at night.

• Like 1