Wife Wants Bangers and Mash

cms22

Hi All - happy christmas and new year!

I have a quick question that I sure has been asked hundreds of times (but I can't find the answer!)

The wife wants to eat proper English food like Bangers and Mash. We live out Kaset University but certainly don't mind driving down to Sukhumvit. So where around us/or Sukhumvit can I take her and our daughter for some decent English grub - and some decent prices?

Any suggestions would be really helpful! Cheers!

C

Bangers and Mash......descent English grub................

Cook it yourself man, you don't have to spend your hard earned money for this gourmet meal.

Bangers in all Supermarkets

Mash, get some potatoes and boil them......plenty of instructions on the internet.

Yep, done that. But want a bit more, a beer, atmosphere etc.

+1 on the Mucky Duck, Asoke BTS.

The Picked Liver on Soi 7/1 Nana BTS (live cat-strangling on Friday evening) also does half decent grub as does the Robin Hood at Thonglor BTS.

I think you mean Phrom Pong BTS (regarding Robin Hood) Edited by petedk

Havnt read the other answers but I saw that a restaurant advertised their bangers and mash outside the supermarket I think.

Well, that narrows it down...

Oh sorry, Im a bit tipsy. Its outside the supermarket in Central World.

You were witty I must say. ✌

But it seems 1/2 of the replies on the forum is some sort of sarcasm

Havnt read the other answers but I saw that a restaurant advertised their bangers and mash outside the supermarket I think.

Well, that narrows it down...
Oh sorry, Im a bit tipsy. Its outside the supermarket in Central World.

You were witty I must say. ✌

But it seems 1/2 of the replies on the forum is some sort of sarcasm

That's because half the forum is British (myself included)

• Like 1

Cook it yourself man, you don't have to spend your hard earned money for this gourmet meal.

Mash, get some potatoes and boil them......plenty of instructions on the internet.

Don't trust a Greek on sourcing traditional English bangers (any more than you should trust a Brit to direct you to a source of decent baclava!).

Agree with others on here - the Bangkok British pubs I have tried are all pretty depressing on food. Better choices in Pattaya though

• Like 1

Ahh, you want beer and atmosphere!

In that case just go to Costas house. He owes me 12 bottles but you're welcome to them.

• Like 1

Costas, I live about 60 Ks from Nakhon Sawan, which has two big Tesco Lotus supermarkets, and two big Big Cs, no Tops or the like, and you certainly cannot buy bangers there. There is Makros, but their Bangers are nothing like what you would buy in a Western country, and certainly not beef ones.

The 'bangers' you can buy are in packets, they taste nice enough, but I just can't be bothered peeling off that whatever it is, which covers each individual one.

Traveling all the way through Khon Kaen, where you live, to the junction where you turn left to go to Kalasin, I never saw any Shopping Malls, never mind Tescos or Big Cs, although i know they will be somewhere around.

Mashed potatoes, bangers and beans, how I miss them.

• Like 1

Ahh, you want beer and atmosphere!

In that case just go to Costas house. He owes me 12 bottles but you're welcome to them.

16, kris, 16 don't forget.

And 4 packets of crisps or chips...........

Tops generally has a good selection of bangers, and you can get bisto onion gravy at tops and villa.Mix in a little worcester sauce with the latter and you've got a great gravy. Get yer spuds wherever, but mash them with only butter. You can also mix in some peas, or mash in some broccolli for a little crunch and extra flvour.

Will beat anything you can get in any pub in Bangers, pardon the pun.

Jool's, Sukhumvit Soi 4.

Black Swan is a good idea only if you like your pork sausages rare, the "chef" cannot cook them all the way through and rare pork is not the nicest thing.

I used to eat raw pork sausages when I was a kid and look how I turned out.

The cod at the Black Swan is probably the best I've ever had. Almost one inch thick. They do haddock too.