Gangs and Grenades shock South Pattaya Community

webfact

It is sad but all my friends who always spent time in Pattaya and just returning from are saying ; ...." dead place" , "not safe anymore"

is it downfall of this place.???

I think this is " last straw" and if police will still "play" with local crime then not only Pattaya will suffer but everywhere the same.

Police should spend all efforts to clean this mess instead of harrasing tourists like for eg.; wasting time at Beach road just to earn some money from motorists...

Why being on vacations on rented bike, driving slow... same policeman stopped me over and over??? ..

p.s

YES , he was trying to give me ticket ...for nothing...but my strong NO ! I did not anything wrong ..... he gave me my licence back.......and letting me go.. in 5 minutes later I did same circle and he stopped me again... and asked for licence but this time called another policeman who looked in my international licence then said I can go .....

When I asked why he stopped me again seeing same fellow on big bike who he just should remember (only 5 min time ago) he said to many bike's to remember......

If he has a "memory problem" then if there is more like him ...how we can expect they will or can fix a local crime.?

Maybe they can not remember tourists onlygiggle.gif

this way they can charge for nothing tourists twice or more.....in same day and same place.

wai.gif

coffee1.gif

It seems there is never any good news from Pats.... gangs, drugs, violence, crashes, balcony dives, thefts, ...the list is endless and depressing.

Isn't there anything good to say about the place? There's a challenge for TAT!

I have been living in Pattaya for almost 4 years and have never seen a problem! although i don't go out at night. I guess taking a gentle afternoon stroll to the beach in my flip flops and cool 70's tunes i have become " oblivious to the outside world " ......... x

F.J smile.png

It looks like you don't read everything in TV but I do.

Problem is growing mate.

Pattaya is more and more deserted from tourists and locals somehow must have fun....

What will you say when even locals are not safe anymore...

read this; http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/162094/17-year-old-shot-in-front-of-north-pattaya-mosque/

wai2.gifcoffee1.gif

It is sad but all my friends who always spent time in Pattaya and just returning from are saying ; ...." dead place" , "not safe anymore"

is it downfall of this place.???

I think this is " last straw" and if police will still "play" with local crime then not only Pattaya will suffer but everywhere the same.

Police should spend all efforts to clean this mess instead of harrasing tourists like for eg.; wasting time at Beach road just to earn some money from motorists...

Why being on vacations on rented bike, driving slow... same policeman stopped me over and over??? ..

p.s

YES , he was trying to give me ticket ...for nothing...but my strong NO ! I did not anything wrong ..... he gave me my licence back.......and letting me go.. in 5 minutes later I did same circle and he stopped me again... and asked for licence but this time called another policeman who looked in my international licence then said I can go .....

When I asked why he stopped me again seeing same fellow on big bike who he just should remember (only 5 min time ago) he said to many bike's to remember......

If he has a "memory problem" then if there is more like him ...how we can expect they will or can fix a local crime.?

Maybe they can not remember tourists onlygiggle.gif

this way they can charge for nothing tourists twice or more.....in same day and same place.

wai.gif

coffee1.gif

Good God, talk about your glass being half empty!

Such a dangerous place now , its what we dont hear about that scares me , ...i mean they don't want to publish this violence and criminality do they ? ,....so what else dont we know about ?? , the place has gone gun , drug and violence crazy , and thats just the Thais !

You're reading/watching the wrong news, then. I see it published quite often ... like this story you're commenting on.

Since this post is about Gangs, Pattaya, and New Years, did anyone see that video on a Thai web site about 3-4 years ago showing a gang member beating another gang member unconscious (or maybe even killing him) on the street in broad daylight during a Songkran parade procession? At the end of the video the body of the beaten guy is picked up and thrown on the back of a random pickup truck which is moving through the vehicle parade. Nobody even gives the incident a second look it appears or takes much notice of the body. I can't find the video right now, but I think it is still online somewhere. If anyone has the link lease post.

Wow its gone to pot...Glad I got out with 8 years of great memories, the good times are over in Pattaya the innocense is gone and evil looks like its taking over...Keep safe people and please stay away from balconys..

'innocence (sorry i don't reproduce the spelling mistake) is gone out of Pattaya' ???? purrrrr-leaaaaaase !!!!!!!! facepalm.gifcrazy.gif

Oh wait, I get it ! Innocence left when you did !!

Edited by Yann55

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Is the photo of the grenade being secured? They put a tyre over it smile.png Classic....

Secure a grenade with a tyre while taking pictures to update his Facebook status?

Nobody seem to care about keeping distance in case it blows up.

Thais never heard about curiosity kill the cat whistling.gif

Pattaya needs a real tough person in charge and not to wait for gangs to do something, go after them with a vengeance. Wont happen I agree but it does nothing for Thailand's reputation in the eyes of the world.

I tell people don't under any circumstances visit Pattaya it is a cesspit of humanity and only suitable for the depraved

The problems with youth gangs is a growing problem EVERYWHERE in Thailand nowadays,even in the cities out in the sticks where so many TV posters seems to reside coffee1.gif ..........

It seems there is never any good news from Pats.... gangs, drugs, violence, crashes, balcony dives, thefts, ...the list is endless and depressing.

Isn't there anything good to say about the place? There's a challenge for TAT!

I have been living in Pattaya for almost 4 years and have never seen a problem! although i don't go out at night. I guess taking a gentle afternoon stroll to the beach in my flip flops and cool 70's tunes i have become " oblivious to the outside world " ......... x

F.J smile.png

No window in the room?

• Like 1

The worst thing that could possibly happen for many, many TV posters would be if Pattaya did clean up its act. Then what would they have to feel simultaneously morally outraged and superior about?

Most would have to go back to being ....ahem.... "owner operators" when the girls have gone.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Is the photo of the grenade being secured? They put a tyre over it smile.png Classic....

Secure a grenade with a tyre while taking pictures to update his Facebook status?

Nobody seem to care about keeping distance in case it blows up.

Thais never heard about curiosity kill the cat whistling.gif

It will be a ping pong bomb. Might give you a bit of burn if it hits you...but apart from that a bit of a bang and a few sparks. It ain't military grade.

Such a dangerous place now , its what we dont hear about that scares me , ...i mean they don't want to publish this violence and criminality do they ? ,....so what else dont we know about ?? , the place has gone gun , drug and violence crazy , and thats just the Thais !

The proper descriptive words would be: Pattaya, "Run Amuck"

And this is why the famous Pattaya countdown festival will be proceeding without me again this year.

"Famous"? Countdown in Pattaya is usually just bands, fireworks and crowds.

Yes, but famous bands!

So so fireworks.

And infamous crowds.

• Like 1