Place to park a big bike for new years fireworks

Beardog

Hi does anyone know where a place is I can park my Kawasaki 650 & watch the New Years fireworks. I am not sure if royal garden or central mall will be open at 1 am so I can get back to Bang Saray later & still pick up the bike later. I don't want the helmet swiped this year.

Thanks if anyone knows a spot. I don't mind walking from Dusit to Bali Hai Pier if I have to.

Thanks

Hi does anyone know where a place is I can park my Kawasaki 650 & watch the New Years fireworks. I am not sure if royal garden or central mall will be open at 1 am so I can get back to Bang Saray later & still pick up the bike later. I don't want the helmet swiped this year.

Thanks if anyone knows a spot. I don't mind walking from Dusit to Bali Hai Pier if I have to.

Thanks

I Think both lots are open 24/7 as they also serve as the hotel parking lots for properties attached to these malls. I would imagine hotel guests and their cars/motors arrive at all hours of the day and nite so the lots are open. Hopefully someone can confirm.

Any of the other large hotels Ali g the beach are game as well. Just tell them you're visiting a guest or going to eat. (If need to validate ticket, get a coffee at the hotel cafe.) Hard Rock, Montien, Siam Bayview/Bayshore, and Dusit are all good for this. Usually, can also just tip the security guy and they usually let you park in their lot.

Just park at Central Festival as suggested. No need to use the Hilton specific. The car park will still be open at 1am, but if you want to be sure and possibly stay out a bit later, don't park it behind the ticket barriers. Then you can retrieve it at any time you like(better if you end up having a few drinks and want to sober up first) and still retain a degree of security.

In addition, have sent you a PM.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

Check some of the hotels on 2nd road, south part on the right when riding there close to walking street there are a few small sois with hotels there.

I have sometimes parked there but a small fee can be expected.

You are a brave man riding your bike at that time, why not go early, book a hotel room & watch the fire works, have some beers, sleep it off and then ride home after a late breakfast?

Try too find a chip hotel in Soi Bakhau,dont drive your bike this night. 90 % of all driver are drunk, take care you self end hawe a nice time, next year too.

Baiker Leif

Always park on Soi 14 Walking St, beside Secrets.

Its 20 baht to park there, but I would let the Guy know you are worried about losing your helmet and give him a bit extra.

Get a top box fitted, it will be useful for lots of things besides keeping your helmet in it.

Leave the big bike at home...take public transportation...enjoy a worry free evening...

Did that a couple years back & it turned out to be a long ass night. I live in Bang saray & getting a baht bus forget about it. The only way would be a taxi for 1000 baht or more to get back in less than 4 hours like last time. Any day but New years public transportation works. If I lived around Pattatya I would.I think one of the hotels are the answer. besides even on New Years I trust my riding abilities more than theirs. I won't be drinking maybe 1 or 2 cocktails in a 8 hour period so I will be able to see most of the drunks to dodge.

One of the hotels & tip& it will be fine. Will have the topbox on for helmets. Even more than the helmets is the ultra custom paint job I just finished that I don't want to have scooters park to close to it & 100 people taking pictures of themselves on the bike. Been their done that. I don't mind if I am there but not if someone jumps on it & dumps it so I don't have to repair after the event. But every now & then I have a couple Russian hotties that want to jump on & take a photo. No problem there.... But I will be taking my girl so no monkey business like that or I won't be gettin lucky for a while!

• Like 1

Go down to Marine Hotel there is Soi that runs down to the Marine Seafood, follow the road to the left and you will see a parking lot for the hotel, next to the parking is a small bathroom. Do not enter... continue a little and look to your right, you will see a few bikes there and to be sure you are in the right place there is a bar right across. On the right where a bikes are parked also is the Marine Fresh Water and Ice.. stop right there and a guy will come to you. Just tell him you want to park it will cost you somewhere around 50-70 for the big bike. The guy charges me 50 and I have been using this guy for 3 plus years. Never have a problem! He will give you a small receipt. Now you can walk past Marine Seafood pass the JP Bar and you will come out right in the middle of Walking St. turn left and walk to Bali Hi pier to the fireworks. The place is open 24/7

Good luck,, do not park you bike too close to my 1000.555

Edited by thailand49

If I was you:

Park at Dusit Thani hotel (cost 0 and guarded). Can walk along beach road or stand safely on the big balcony at the Dusit for the best view of the fireworks (cost 0). Then you can zoom up North Pattaya road to Sukhumvit. The traffic jam will be inbound.

• Like 1

Leave the big bike at home...take public transportation...enjoy a worry free evening...

Did that a couple years back & it turned out to be a long ass night. I live in Bang saray & getting a baht bus forget about it. The only way would be a taxi for 1000 baht or more to get back in less than 4 hours like last time. Any day but New years public transportation works. If I lived around Pattatya I would.I think one of the hotels are the answer. besides even on New Years I trust my riding abilities more than theirs. I won't be drinking maybe 1 or 2 cocktails in a 8 hour period so I will be able to see most of the drunks to dodge.

One of the hotels & tip& it will be fine. Will have the topbox on for helmets. Even more than the helmets is the ultra custom paint job I just finished that I don't want to have scooters park to close to it & 100 people taking pictures of themselves on the bike. Been their done that. I don't mind if I am there but not if someone jumps on it & dumps it so I don't have to repair after the event. But every now & then I have a couple Russian hotties that want to jump on & take a photo. No problem there.... But I will be taking my girl so no monkey business like that or I won't be gettin lucky for a while!

Send us a "selfie" of you sniffing the bike seat...after the Russian hotties sit on it...clap2.gif

• Like 2

We park at a hotel on the beach side of 2nd road. It's right near a Bangkok Bank. I can't remember the name, but as you are coming from Jomtien, it's on the left, about in the middle of the Walking Street area, and it's where a few streets merge onto 2nd road from the beach direction. BB is right there. As you pull into that soi, it's directly on your right. They have a security guard there full time and I'm sure for a few extra baht he'll keep an eye on it and let you park it properly.

I like the idea about the Dusit Thani. Easy to bug out from there and pretty open and secured parking.

We're not doing downtown this year. Like you said, we got burned trying to find public transport back home. Such a rip off. 2,500 or 3k Baht for 3 couples. I can't remember the exact amount. And for just a baht bus! The fumes were no fun for the 30 minute ride. We had a driver setup, but they did a no show!

Have fun!

P.S. Several years ago we went to The View and just sat on the beach. It was fantastic. You can see fireworks from Bang Saray all the way up into Pattaya. Wonderful.