Farang protests against 'Thai girls trying to be farang' at Central Ladprao

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

nothing worse than a fake nose

Fake breasts are definitely worse mate.
At least with a plastic nose you can clearly see it's fake.
With fake breasts you usually don't know for sure and either have to ask a question with the risk of a slapped face or just wait until the time comes and pray it won't be the ultimate disappointment.

True, by the time you carefully 'hand'le the fake boobs, because the fixing costs more than implanting it seems, you little brother will not wake up finally... 5558 joke.

that is the problem with conservatives, they cannot accept things just change and evolve, they feel terrified by a world that changes fast as never before.

heh...... in what sad world are you living in ? let him be, to each his own. :-)

I prefer to leave people alone and have the freedom to non-violently express themselves, however they wish. Holding a sign in protest, or wearing they latest fashion, is none of my business.

The commenst about the man looking half-and-half or unhappy, is none of my business.

I agree... in their own country and what is none of HIS business is what Thai girls do... right?

How dare these girls not conform to the exotic stereotype you fetishise?

They get their daring from conforming to the stereotypes the Chinese fetishise.

About the exotic fetish stereotypes favored by farangs, I prefer the kind shown in the movie "Bridge on the river Kwai", the female members of Thai resistance. Nearly extinct species, I'm afraid. The current fad of dyed brown hair, sickly white skin, vampire contact lenses and hacked noses looks absolutely horrible.

• Like 1

I empathise with him, I hate that skin whitening, nose sharpening BS too. But theres a right way to do it (see Dove's campeign for real beauty) this guy is just embarrassing himself. And showing the tolorance and mai pen rai'ness of Thai people. In other countries and in other places his reception may not be as passive.

what a moron, a farang in a foreign country telling the citizens they should be less like his country? has he a work permit? this has got to fall under 'working' so deport him back to his own country so they can assess his mental state

Quite ironic.

A westerner telling Thais not to follow westerners.

Bit of a catch 22 for anyone trying to do what he says.

Edited by pedro01

In a move to express his disapproval of Thai women who “follow farang fashion”, an unidentified foreign man shared his opinion by standing in front of a shopping mall yesterday with a sign suggesting how embarrassing Thai women have become.

In a move to express his disapproval of a solitary farang man, an unidentified foreign man shared his opinion of the man by posting on an internet forum today with a post suggesting how embarrassing this solitary farang man has become.

Whilst the guy has gone about it the wrong way and has probably become a laughing stock, as many have said he may have a point. Even after many years here I find it Ironic and amusing still to see most TV/movie stars looking nothing like Most Thai people. Considering Thais are very patriotic bordering nationalistic you could say, you don't see them driving a Thai car, no its a Merc or BMW for status. the same with Phones they don't have a Thai phone but an iphone or other foreign brand. I mention this as this is similar to how they want to look, which is western and use western products.

Also considering it is a predominantly Buddhist country they don't have talk a lot about money, at all levels of society. I mention this as in comparison to what seems to be or expected to be often isn't that way.

To the guy protesting I would suggest that you are 'flogging a dead horse' as they ay. Changing opinions here is very difficult, as it would appear they are deep rooted and as posters have mentioned, their wife's/g/f's just don't get it.

Whilst the guy has gone about it the wrong way and has probably become a laughing stock, as many have said he may have a point. Even after many years here I find it Ironic and amusing still to see most TV/movie stars looking nothing like Most Thai people. Considering Thais are very patriotic bordering nationalistic you could say, you don't see them driving a Thai car, no its a Merc or BMW for status. the same with Phones they don't have a Thai phone but an iphone or other foreign brand. I mention this as this is similar to how they want to look, which is western and use western products.

Also considering it is a predominantly Buddhist country they don't have talk a lot about money, at all levels of society. I mention this as in comparison to what seems to be or expected to be often isn't that way.

To the guy protesting I would suggest that you are 'flogging a dead horse' as they ay. Changing opinions here is very difficult, as it would appear they are deep rooted and as posters have mentioned, their wife's/g/f's just don't get it.

How many TV and movie stars in any country look like ordinary people? (probably the same percentage as here)

What Thai brand car could they use? (excluding the fact most new ones they drive now are made here and Asian companies not western)

Since people in the UK use iPhones and Samsungs does this mean they want to be American or Korean ... or do they want to be Chinese since that is where iPhones pretty much come from?

Toyota is the top selling car in the US and its people generally see themselves as exceptional, does this mean they;d rather be Japanese?

All through Europe and America many citizens get tans to appear less white, why because they want to be Asian or Black?

Your logic is both flawed and bizarre. Like anywhere else, women and men generally want to appear attractive and want to use the best or best bang for the buck when it comes to goods. Thailand is a less developed country than many in Europe that don't use phones made by their own country or drive car brands from their country and a small percentage of them dye their hair an unnatural color too.

Humans are humans all over and basically the same. The west is often copying trends, business ideas as well as technology from Asia ... this doesn't mean they want to change their identity nor does it mean they find Asians more attractive. Some westerners are attracted to Asian looks while some Asians are attracted to western looks while others may just want a subservient women or a poor women is looking for a meal ticket from a westerner who could never get anything near as attractive back home.

• Like 1

I have to agree with him. Why Thai women dye their hair to look like stupid farlang women that have been doing the bottle blond since time began.

I am lucky , my Thai girlfriend has beautiful long black hair and I love her Thai nose. I hope she never wants to change to be a stupid farang woman.

Although I would not have used the word stupid to describe Farrang women as there anything but. I do agree with you on the basis that the reason why many guys are here (and some women also) is there love for there wife or partner and exactly how they look with beautiful black hair and why Thai women ( and some men who dye there hair blond) would want to like look like a Farrang is beyond me. Come on we love you the way you are and nothing in my mind is a bigger turn off than a Thai with white skin and brown or blonde hair. Edited by bim
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

that is the problem with conservatives, they cannot accept things just change and evolve, they feel terrified by a world that changes fast as never before.

Even if I clicked like because I believe in change too, I feel sad when the Thai woman's life has to be focused on being white, straight nose and look like farang, be it Korean or other.

In my view, perfection is punctuated by a woman's personality.

• Like 1