'New Year celebration' bullet nearly hit two-year-old Thai girl

webfact

'New Year Celebration' Bullet Nearly Hit Two-Year-Old Girl

By Khaosod English

14199144461419914620l.jpg
Nanthawan Yotsunthorn pointed to where the bullet struck the roof of her house, 29 December 2014

ANG THONG - A two-year-old child and her mother were almost injured by a stray bullet that police believe was fired in celebration of the New Year.

Nanthawan Yotsunthorn, 36, told police she was having dinner with her daughter at her house in Ang Thong's Mueang district when a bullet struck through the roof and hit a table in the kitchen.

The incident reportedly took place at around 9.30 pm.

"The bullet landed less than one metre away from where I and my daughter were eating our dinner," Nanthawan said.

Pol.Lt. Sirichai Seenin, an officer at Mueang Ang Thong Police Station, said the bullet belonged to a 11 mm. handgun and was fired from the eastern direction of Nanthawan's residence.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1419914446

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-12-30

A bullet coming down might leave a mark if it hit someone but I doubt it would hurt.

Still silly thing to do.

A 100gr projectile falling at 32'/sec/sec......propably reaching approx. 100mph and hits me on the head....and that wouldn't hurt??

Where do you get your figures from ? How high would the bullet go before it starts dropping ?

As for it passing thru the roof, really, so where's the picture of the hole, where's the picture of the bullet.

Does anyone really believe this story ?

Seriously... A "New Year Celebration" bullet?

On the 29th of December, makes sense...

And those bullets, do they have a special lining or casing so we know that they are new year celebration bullet??

Might consider making this a new trend with special customized products

- "Am drunk and playing with my gun" bullets

- "Am tring to kill you" bullets...

NY Celebration bullet.... facepalm.gif

Edited by CantSpell

why is nationality always mentioned in these stories?

in other countries people are just people, here there is a racial overtone to everything. like the race is more important then whats being reported.

in other countries people are just people, here there is a racial overtone to everything. like the race is more important then whats being reported.

Never noticed the race when I read the story. Mind you I have re-read it after your comment and still cant see it. Can you point it out please.

• Like 1

A bullet coming down might leave a mark if it hit someone but I doubt it would hurt.

Still silly thing to do.

A 100gr projectile falling at 32'/sec/sec......propably reaching approx. 100mph and hits me on the head....and that wouldn't hurt??

Where do you get your figures from ? How high would the bullet go before it starts dropping ?

As for it passing thru the roof, really, so where's the picture of the hole, where's the picture of the bullet.

Does anyone really believe this story ?

Well, his first figure (32' ft/s2) is the standard acceleration of freefall (i.e., acceleration due to gravity). His second figure could be an underestimate... according to the article someone else posted here, it seems that terminal velocity of a bullet can be as much as 200 mph. That will definitely hurt. And we know it can kill.

Still silly thing to do.

Hard objects traveling at terminal velocity or better do indeed hurt. And kill. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebratory_gunfire

And unfortunately the ones who get hurt are not the idiots firing the guns. If only there was a way to find the culprits and shoot them. Of course governments could spend some time on TV and radio running announcments educating these morons, but usually they are too busy scheming to steal from the public to do anything constructive for the public.

Probably from a cop's gun. dry.png

The cops in manila are issued with paper tape muzzles for their guns over the festive period, so that it is easier to spot if the gun has been discharged. Apparently this is a very necessary safety measure. The manila cops are probably only slightly les incompetent with weapons that the Thai ones...

Still silly thing to do.

You are surely out of your mind. Stray bullets at distance have more than enough forward velocity to kill and/or maim.

What are you saying?

Still silly thing to do.

actually it's about 200 MPH for a bullet free falling from the sky. It would kill you.

Never noticed the race when I read the story. Mind you I have re-read it after your comment and still cant see it. Can you point it out please.

Don't hold your breath waiting for an answer, "fey" couldn't point out the nose on his own face.

• Like 1

What are you smoking? They are Thai. This is ThaiVisa Forum. Do you mean district? Are you calling the district they reside in a race? What..."Thai Girl?" That bothers you? This is a Thai news forum written in English. There's no agenda in the headline. There are no racial overtones in this article except for what you just posted. In fact, being Thai is a nationality last I checked, not a race.

Edited by falangjim