Paypal And Thailand

Paypal has to be an incredible money maker. Computers do not ask for breaks, raises or sick time. I'm convinced that no human works there. NEVER have I gotten any answer from them that wasn't a canned message from a computer. My account has been frozen for about three years now with no way to cancel it or to speak to a living person. I canceled a credit card that was linked and asked my US bank to do whatever they could to void any transaction with Paypal that should come to them. NEVER again would I ever have any dealings with an incompetent company like that. They SUCK! :o

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Paypal has to be an incredible money maker. Computers do not ask for breaks, raises or sick time. I'm convinced that no human works there. NEVER have I gotten any answer from them that wasn't a canned message from a computer. My account has been frozen for about three years now with no way to cancel it or to speak to a living person. I canceled a credit card that was linked and asked my US bank to do whatever they could to void any transaction with Paypal that should come to them. NEVER again would I ever have any dealings with an incompetent company like that. They SUCK! :o

They are an unfortunate necessity for my business! I have had the same problem with customer service. They send out a canned message and stick someones name on the bottom, that's why I posted the question here.

Below is the question that I just emailed to PayPal:

I have a standard US based account and I have just opened a premeire Thailand based account. Am I allowed to use the same (US Based) bank for both accounts?

Thank You

Dose anyone here have the answer? Typically PayPal dose not answer your question's correctly the first time!

Thanks

Here is the answer from payapl and it only took two days:

You are not allowed to use a bank or credit/debit card on more than one

PayPal account. You would need to choose another bank account on one

of

the accounts.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us

again.

For me this is fine because I wanted to still be attached to a dollar account but now I need to get a Thai credit card to get the account verified.

I have to admit that I've been a little nervouse logging in to both of my PayPal accounts for the last couple of days, I don't want to throw up any flags and get them frozen!!

i just asked the support about thai-bank accounts ...

is still not aviable to add a thai account

they still offer me credit-card only

first answer was also junk .. (may the supporter didnt know about the press release) ;-)

Just got a answer from Paypal .. that i should wait until the end of this week.

with adding thai-local bankaccounts.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Return-Path: <[email protected]>

Received: usa-entot-002.corp.ebay.com

with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.6713)

Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 15:52:54 -0500

Subject: Re BankAccounts (Routing Code C764-L001-Q215-T2450-S111) QID81 From: <[email protected]>

Reply-To: <[email protected]>

X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1807

X-OriginalArrivalTime: 17 Sep 2006 20:57:28.0004 (UTC)

I understand your concerns. And I can tell you that this has been a project

and we are hoping for it to be available to all Thai users. I you are still

unable to add your bank account or withdraw money to your bank account, I

will advise you to try sometime by the end of next week.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

WHY cant the BIG 4 banks inthe uk let you transfer money without the large charges.HSBC is all over Thailand with adverts but why do they not allow us brits to transfer via the net from the UK?

APART FROM THE OBVIOUS

They do. I have an HSBC account in the UK and another in Thailand. I transfer money to Thailand via internet banking regularly. Cost per transfer: Zero!

HArdly surprising. Forget PayPal like they are a complete waste of space and a CRAP and theiving organisation. Like ALL bloody banks they are the biggest thieves going. They are a RIP OFF. Pay Pal is just about ths biggest money pinching thieves of them all. I have had nothing but headaches and problems with them. NO you cannot withdraw to Thailand only to a US bank account which as a Brit I have not got nor do I want as they will RIp me off too, so sell anything ofn e-aby they charge you for reciving eh money then wont let you with draw it even to a UK bank.

As a Brit living in Thailand do not tell PayPal if you need an account just quote a UK address of a parent or relative or friend and give your normal UK bank account and open a UK PAYPAL account if you must have one. Best to avoid them all together if possibe same with bloody e-bay another RIP off company all in bed with PayRIpPal with charge fees that amount to complete theft. Whartever happened to QXL a much better and fairer organiation than eBay?? They all RIP you off same as UK banks do, solicitors, estate agents and most big corporations now do and sorry guys as I love the USA and it's ordinary working folk, but I find the US companies even bigger ripper offers than their European counterparts. Money #1 sod the individual !!

When will these banks be pulled up by their respective governments and controlled propery like they used to be years ago??? Why is theft allowed to take place legally by these banking companies? Many year ago I worked in the banking trade and they are right wing thieving b*stards for sure and quite disgusting in what they do to make money off of even the poor working man. I hate them they steal from poor and ordinary working people, maybe Toxin would get a nice job with one of them whilst he is amazingly being allowed to stay in the UK. !!!!!. I wonder how he got a visa to stay in the UK when many and much more honest Thais than him cannot even get a holiday visa into the UK. Maybe you need to be a Thai wanted criminal to be allowed into the UK now and/or maybe just bloody rich off of the backs of the good yret poor Thai people, wonderfully immoral England hmm If they dont kick him outr soon I will be ashamed to be a Brit and I NEver htougt I woudl ever need to say that.

Sorry for the ranting just Pypal wind me up and now the UK giving refuge to Toxin winds me up too. Now back to relaxing and enjoing this great country where I have retired too. Now a practical positive tip :-

I have learned ways to reduce the theft by the banks. You just get a few expat friends together and transfer jointly your monthly pension over and share the exorbitant cost (Usually£25) and settle up free of charge by interal UK transfers in sterling. To pay £25 from a small monthly pension of about £700 is a bloody hel_l of a hig percentage outlay for a very simple inexpensive easy transfer the banks have to do, should be £8 - £10 at the most and they still would make an honest profit out of that. At least thai banks charge a fair low price for their services and even dont rip yuou off on exchange rates like the UK do.

• 2 weeks later...

WHY cant the BIG 4 banks inthe uk let you transfer money without the large charges.HSBC is all over Thailand with adverts but why do they not allow us brits to transfer via the net from the UK?

APART FROM THE OBVIOUS

They do. I have an HSBC account in the UK and another in Thailand. I transfer money to Thailand via internet banking regularly. Cost per transfer: Zero!

But I bet you have a premium account with HSBC with lots and lots of cash in there, or you do a lot of business with them....so they give you this service for nothing, to you.

High time. We have been transfering money into Thailand with a Thai credit card for the last few months already. Bangkok Bank, New York branch has been setup for Paypal since Paypal was allowed in Thailand. :o

They just never told anyone unless you asked. TIT

It's a pity you didn't find this thread before. Otherwise you would surely have told everybody how to set it up with Bangkok Bank Now York.

High time. We have been transfering money into Thailand with a Thai credit card for the last few months already. Bangkok Bank, New York branch has been setup for Paypal since Paypal was allowed in Thailand. :o

They just never told anyone unless you asked. TIT

Assume you are an expat living in los, you don't have a foreign bank account, you don't have a credit card, you do have a thai bank account with debit or e-card.

Can you now open a paypal account and withdraw funds from paypal to your thai bank account? The answer to this question would summarize all the postings I guess .

• 6 months later...
Assume you are an expat living in los, you don't have a foreign bank account, you don't have a credit card, you do have a thai bank account with debit or e-card.

Can you now open a paypal account and withdraw funds from paypal to your thai bank account? The answer to this question would summarize all the postings I guess .

Im looking answers to this same question...

My GF have CC from Kasikorn Bank, can she use it to withdraw funds from paypal to kasikorn a/c?

Thanks in advance!

Beware of paypal, All sellers who use paypal are at high risk of losing their cash. There are buyers who can easily get back their payments that they sent just as soon as they have received their goods. Paypal are aware of this but still they havn't added more security and protection to their system :o

It all depends on were your sending the goods to, lets say it was through ebay then your item description would state your delivery times, plus you get a one weeks notice to reply to a claim through paypal, so there you leave it to the last day and always send buy registered airmail as proof of delivery, now from past experience the post office's arn't to good but theres a number to phone at the airports export department which will confirm that the item has been sent oversea's, then they will issue you with a tracking number to pass on to the person whos claming the item has been lost in transit. This number also gets accepted by paypal.

I totally agree with you about paypal giving buyers refunds 90% of the time or more but most people are honest and want to trade again.

Chris.

Transferring funds from Paypal to a Thai account you get the crappy off short exchange rate (about 31 baht/USD) ... :o

You can change the balance in your paypal account to whatever curency you wish and pay into it whatever you want, it all depends where your offshore banks are.

Chris.

• 9 months later...
Can you use a Thai bank account to add funds to your paypal account? Or...is credit card the only way to add funds?

NO! Must a Credit Card or a second Bank account in the USA/GB or other friendly location to do so.

Just wondering, when you transfer it to ur Thai bank account, do u get the offshore rate, or the onshore rate? As in, does Paypal convert ur money into baht first, then send that, or just sends the base currency and ur thai bank converts it???

You can use Thai debit cards.

I use the Bangkok Bank Be1st card (available for everybody, including Foreigners). I cannot fund the paypal account, but when I do a payment with paypal, my card gets charged directly. Works flawlessly!

works fine ... any card is accepted .. exept debits from thailand

another way is you get a debit outside the US . like payoneer.com

(i have this solution works perfectly)

I have tried to open an account on paypal with my thaigirlfriend's bankaccount. She has Kasikorn Visa, but Paypal said this bank doesn't allow it to be used on Paypal. Anyone knows why?

She also has a Bangkok bank - card, but seems to be impossible to add too..