Who is expecting a fall in Fares with fall of oil prices

oldsailor35

I'm hearing even thought fuel prices are coming down,airlines don't want to lower airfares.If nothing else they will try and rais them

So they can even make more profits.More people are flying.With demand going up prices are going to go higher.

The airlines are buying fuel now, for next yr. and the fuel they will buy next yr. may reflect in lower airfares, however, I see online numerous sites that quote fares R/T for under $800. EVA, China air, Korean, those prices are for the off season, after song kran, 4/20 on till Nov. however there are times of the year when the R/T will be over $1,000. back to your question, the airlines probably will not go to low because most of them are in the red, exception South West air there stock is up. however we may see some good deals in 2016.

• Like 1

go to booking buddies or cheapo air, online and punch in some info, and they will search the lowest prices of as many as 5 to 8 airlines. and the guy who said airfare LAX to BKK is average $1,300.0 is a bit off,i flew twice in 2013 each time was under $1,300.00 closer to $1,000. or bit less. I use a ticket consolidator they only do tickets. that allows them to sell batches of tickets at a very good price from a reputable airline..

Not gonna happen any time soon. From just one of many recent articles on the topic:

"A recovering economy and rapidly falling oil prices have provided some breathing room for airlines in recent months, bolstering profits and allowing carriers to buy new planes or upgrade their higher-end service.

But while motorists have seen gasoline prices fall at the pump, air travelers should not expect to see fares, or even fuel surcharges, drop anytime soon."
(Another similar article estimated a 5% drop in fares in 6-12 months.)

The fares have not come down in Canada. I have read the airlines want to maximize profits

after years of slim margins. They should at least lower the fuel surcharge but that has not

happened either. They will not lower the price as long as the loads are strong, seats are full here.

• Like 1

go to booking buddies or cheapo air, online and punch in some info, and they will search the lowest prices of as many as 5 to 8 airlines. and the guy who said airfare LAX to BKK is average $1,300.0 is a bit off,i flew twice in 2013 each time was under $1,300.00 closer to $1,000. or bit less. I use a ticket consolidator they only do tickets. that allows them to sell batches of tickets at a very good price from a reputable airline..

I too fly the LAX to BKK route on China Southern. I have flown 4 times on this route in past 12 months. Last December paid around $1400, but is was because I booked flight under 2 months ahead. Second flight in February around $1200. Third flight under $1000 in July and under $900 in November. All flights on same route and same departure time. I have found that the earlier you book your flight, the lower the price can be. I will be returning home in April and have already been searching for return flight for July or August. At this time China Airlines has flights under $800 in August and September. I also use the website Airfarewatchdog.com. They send daily results of the lowest fares on domestic or international destinations. Two weeks ago there were flights listed under $700 from SFO to BKK. I live in Missouri and fly from MCI to LAX, but I"am considering the SFO prices.

I simply don't see a market-driven compelling reason to do so..

With a few possible concern spots, most major air markets are either doing well, or improving off post-GFC lows... Cargo is also improving with Asia being the driver..

I also think that carriers are looking longer term by taking these fuel-related profits and buying more efficient planes - thus lowering MX and fuel burn rates - and improving reliability.... I also see them plowing profits into premium cabins and other areas were the yields are higher...

Looking father down road, I also think there's some recognition that when the next round of CBAs comes up, there might also be wage pressures..

All told, I see no reason they should drop fuel surcharges .... at this point in time... As noted earlier, fuel used today was essentially "bought and paid for" months ago, and most likely and much higher prices.. So any fuel-purchasing driven downward pressure I think would manifest itself perhaps in 2015 Q2 later.

But tf now, the industry appears to be in a sweet spot, and as a for-profit entity, I would be reluctant to do anything that effectively jeopardizes this current position.

Best thing to do I find is to sign up to a few frequent flyer programs such has those from Malaysia Airlines and Singapore Airlines and then add yourself to their special offers mailings. That way, you'll be informed when the airline decides to cut prices on a particular route.

For example, I was looking at a SIA special offer just a few days ago: AMS-SIN-HKT and return for €619. Normally, that route costs between €735 and €825. Here's a screenshot of it. Unfortunately, I waited too long and seats were sold out already by the time I decided to book. The next available flight for that price departed on 26 May which was too early for me.

But it goes to show that it's worth signing up, more especially because you get a 30Kg luggage allowance instead of the usual 20Kg.

The basic frequent flyer program doesn't cost anything and any mileage you accrue is valid for three years.

post-101376-0-79845600-1420209774_thumb.

Airfares from the USA r/t to BKK have been running about $1300 USD for the past few years (6?). I have friends coming over from SFO in February. They found a fare of $811 on KAL using travelation.com. Can't say that there aren't some deals to be found out there!

I think that it is all a case of "Supply and demand"..........Not enough passengers, drop the price, lots of passengers, increase the price.

Since airfares depend on many variables one example to prove your thread title is meaningless.

You obviously do not understand, or do not want to, but i am only posting the facts ! w00t.gif

So you want an example of a flight that was more expensive in November than in January?

Just look, and since this is totally meaningless I'm not going to bother.

Since airfares depend on many variables one example to prove your thread title is meaningless.

You obviously do not understand, or do not want to, but i am only posting the facts ! w00t.gif

So you want an example of a flight that was more expensive in November than in January?

So why are you here "nit picking" typical of so many with nothing better to do. rolleyes.gif

We, the flying public have shown the airlines we are willing to pay "X" to fill some number of seats.

Regardless of the cost of fuel, why would the airlines offer the seats up for less than we have proven we are willing to pay?

Especially now that we'll have a few more coins left over in our piggy banks after we fill up the SUV...

So why are you here "nit picking" typical of so many with nothing better to do. rolleyes.gif

Just showing that the content of your post has no connection to the title of the thread.