Jeb Bush resigns from remaining board memberships

Lite Beer

It's political light years out from the election in November 2016 but all the credible polling has Hillary way out ahead, to include a CNN and somebody poll that has Bush with 41% and Hillary with 53%.....no doubt it should get closer and be closer by election day, but not necessarily in this instance.

Because the R party heavily biased Rasmussen poll that sucks in general polling but makes it a point to be accurate in polling Republicans found one-third of Rs actively reject a Jeb Bush candidacy for nomination. JebB already has an uphill fight among R party primary voters in almost every primary state, and with a third that reject him, he's gonna need Florida 2000 election math again to try to get through and everyone knows that won't fly again under any circumstance.

Rasmussen also found one-third of R voters don't know whether they would accept JebB as a candidate for the party's nomination.

These factors alone are prohibitive for the nomination, and politically fatal for JebB and the R party in the general election. A lot of Rs would stay home or go to vote but pass on the race for prez. The more Rs that stay home in the 2016 general the more it would look like the voting two months ago except in reverse, with Republicans across the country taking serious gas at every level, local, state, federal election voting.

No, Jeb Bush is nowhere near inevitable or invincible or likely to win were he to get the nomination, and it looks like the nomination is increasingly beyond his reach and considerably so.

Democrats would also go to vote if JebB were on the ballot to stop another disastrous Bush from getting into the White House. Jeb is Jeb but his last name is the family name Bush and that matters and it counts. I'd plow through a brick wall to vote for Hillary against JebBush, whereas I'd be serious but more casual about it if Chris Christie or any of the other bozos in the Republican Party Clown Car were the nominee.

The key test is that JebB would not win Florida against Hillary Clinton, which means he wouldn't win in Ohio or Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado, possibly Arizona and very likely Missouri. That's political death for the Republican party that it might never recover from.

Bush the father lost in 92, Dole lost in 96, the Bushes did Florida math to pull it out in 2000, McCain lost in 08, Romney lost in 12, and with 16 coming up now we have JEB Bush......you getting the picture?

Edited by Publicus
  • Like 2

oh no , another bush ?

They'll have Kate Bush in next, who, in all fairness, could do a better job than all three should a foreigner be allowed in. giggle.gif

Hilary's campaign slogan. Lick Bush in 2016.

Hillary has been vetted and put thru the political wringer for decades. The republicans have been harassing her since they tried to force Bill Clunton out if office. Apparently all they have is Bengaaazi....

How will Jeb Bush fare, when his fellow republicans tear him apart in the primary election?

The "Hate any Bush" brigade is out in full force, to include their newest member who just joined the forum today.

PS: Publicus, I really didn't care whether Ohio State or Alabama won. Makes not one bit of difference to me.

• Like 1

No, not the hate any bush brigade. I didn't vote George I, and I didn't agree with many of his policies, but he served the country well and he had extensive international diplomatic experience, which he used effectively. He was not a bad man and he was not a bad President. Bush II, I actually felt sorry for him much of the time. I think he did the country a great deal of harm both domestically and internationally, but I don't think he did it on purpose.

If Jeb is more like his father and less like his brother, the country could do worse.

I am getting weary of Hillary, she's been running for so long (or not running -- I am not sure), it's a little like watching a hamster on a wheel.

• Like 1

A country with 300 million people to choose from and this is the best they can do, Bush and Clinton again?

I think they are trying to break the record for most disliked president. But the bar is getting so low.

That will be a high mark to pass to beat Obama for most disliked President of modern times.

Probably should turn off Fox News occasionally. Now, he may be the most disliked by the people who dislike him. He is the first black President which put him over the top for all the crackers on day one, but George W is and will continue to be the most disliked and incompetent President of all time.

And now it's Jeb's turn cheesy.gif

• Like 2

A country with 300 million people to choose from and this is the best they can do, Bush and Clinton again?

I think they are trying to break the record for most disliked president. But the bar is getting so low.

That will be a high mark to pass to beat Obama for most disliked President of modern times.

The final two years of the Barack Obama presidency will be a strong time for Prez Obama and for the country as Obama has shown he can come back from low polling ratings among the public.

The far right fiction is now busted. Barack Obama is not the most disliked or unsuccessful president.

Unlike George Bush and his father, Prez Obama has definitively shown he can and has come back from temporarily low approval ratings, which makes Barack Obama distinct from previous presidents.

Prez Obama's increase in his approval rating comes after his executive action on immigration and announcing new policies toward Cuba, which excited even more of the standard and usual Republican Obama bashing that the Republican party and the far right sector loves to do and in which they have specialized for six years.

Prez Obama is back and the Democratic party is on course for the November 2016 election so bring on the next and yet another Republican party loser. If that is Jeb Bush, then bring on Jeb Bush.

Jeb Bush has his hands full in trying to get the Republican nomination. Two-thirds of Republicans polled either say they reject him as their nominee (one-third) or they aren't sure they could vote for him in the primary voting or in the general election (one-third). The Republican party establishment hasn't picked a winner since it had to do Florida math in the 2000 election.

December 23, 2014, 07:18 pm

Poll: Year-end rise in approval for Obama

President Obama's approval ratings are the highest since May 2013, according to a new CNN/ORC poll released Tuesday evening.

While half of Americans still disapprove of Obama, 48 percent approve of his job as president, boosted by double-digit gains among women, independents and young adults, according to CNN.

Following a disastrous midterm election cycle that saw many Democrats tied to the unpopular president and defeated,Obama has acted alone on a number of initiatives. He moved to shield upwards of 5 million illegal immigrants from deportation and to normalize relations with Cuba

http://g.thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/228023-poll-obama-sees-year-end-rise-in-approval

AP-GfK Poll: Obama approval rises postelection

A month after the bitterly fought election, President Barack Obama has his highest approval ratings since the killing of Osama bin Laden, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll, and more Americans say the nation is heading in the right direction now than at any time since the start of his first term.

Obama's approval rating stands at 57 percent, the highest since May 2011, when U.S. Navy SEALs killed the terror leader, and up 5 percentage points from before the election. And 42 percent say the country is on the right track, up from 35 percent in January 2009.

Those sharp partisan divides in expectations are represented in the president's approval ratings. About 9 in 10 Democrats say they approve of the way Obama is handling his job, compared with just 2 in 10 Republicans. That gap approaches the 82-point partisan gap in George W. Bush's approval ratings according to Gallup polling in December 2004.

c613087168080022230f6a706700e3ec.jpg
Graphic shows AP-GfK poll results on Obama and the economy

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-gfk-poll-obama-approval-rises-postelection-081615510--politics.html

• Like 1

A post with an inflammatory term has been removed. Posts which use derogatory terms to refer to Democrats, Republicans, conservatives and liberals will be removed.

Please make your point without insulting other members.

Maybe Jingthing could stand, after all he was able to win POTY in a very dirty campaign

Vote JT for President.

I would confiscate all the guns, and free 90 percent of the people in prison.

Next ...

Vote JT. Obhamas natural replacement

• Like 1