Buckingham Palace denies sex claim against Prince Andrew

Lite Beer

Does Thailand's lese majeste laws include foreign royals?

yes

What is the basis for this claim? Article 112 does not mention foreign royals nor do we hear of prosecution of cases on that basis.

I can't remember, but this has been handled on TV before, something about harming relations with a foreign country by insulting their royals.

Hopefully the truth comes out and justice is served. Famous or not if a crime has happened he should be prosecuted just like anyone else.

you mean pay money to some groupy who was so upset at her treatment she kept quiet for 16 years, do me a favour, open the newspaper these days and see how many are crawling out from behind the wood.

• Like 1

Hopefully the truth comes out and justice is served. Famous or not if a crime has happened he should be prosecuted just like anyone else.

He's innocent, too busy flying around golf courses in a forces helicopter at the British taxpayers expense.

Does Thailand's lese majeste laws include foreign royals?

yes

What is the basis for this claim? Article 112 does not mention foreign royals nor do we hear of prosecution of cases on that basis.

I can't remember, but this has been handled on TV before, something about harming relations with a foreign country by insulting their royals.

I have read that here before, but it seems unlikely given that I don't find reference even to single case of someone prosecuted under 112 for insulting a foreign royal.

I doubt seriously anyone was "forced" to have sex with the Prince...however...that really does not matter in the US...it is considered a felony rape even if it was consensual sex...

I hope he wasn't taking the Anglo-American "special" relationship too far ...

Jist on BBC. She has made accusations like this before that have proved to be false.

If that's true then she should be forced to accept treatment for what is a mental condition. If there is no mental condition and it's just another con attempt to extort money then a lengthy prison sentence is appropriate.

Too many false claims after money - and real victims can suffer because of those who lie and cry wolf.

Well of course Buckingham Palace are going to deny it, they would hardly be expected to admit it! This is not a new story, it has been around for a couple of years or more. A few facts are worth bearing in mind. Jeffrey Epstein is a convicted sex criminal, he has served 18 months in prison for soliciting a minor for prostitution. In 2011, after this story first surfaced with photos of Prince Andrew with his friend, the convicted sex criminal, he was forced to apologize for this friendship. Shortly afterwards he stepped down as the UK special representative for trade and investment. It is not disputed that Andrew was a frequent visitor to Epstein's Florida home. It is also not disputed that girls were supplied there to give 'massages' to him. Of course Epstein insists that they were not underage, despite some suggestions by independent witnesses to the contrary. But at the end of the day nothing will come of this, some people truly are untouchable and as the Queen's favourite son, Andrew certainly would come under this category.

Well of course Buckingham Palace are going to deny it, they would hardly be expected to admit it! This is not a new story, it has been around for a couple of years or more. A few facts are worth bearing in mind. Jeffrey Epstein is a convicted sex criminal, he has served 18 months in prison for soliciting a minor for prostitution. In 2011, after this story first surfaced with photos of Prince Andrew with his friend, the convicted sex criminal, he was forced to apologize for this friendship. Shortly afterwards he stepped down as the UK special representative for trade and investment. It is not disputed that Andrew was a frequent visitor to Epstein's Florida home. It is also not disputed that girls were supplied there to give 'massages' to him. Of course Epstein insists that they were not underage, despite some suggestions by independent witnesses to the contrary. But at the end of the day nothing will come of this, some people truly are untouchable and as the Queen's favourite son, Andrew certainly would come under this category.

"Well of course Buckingham Palace are going to deny it, they would hardly be expected to admit it!"

It is highly unusual for the palace to make any comment on a tabloid press story. Usual policy is to ignore them and hope they just go away.

The fact that they have commented so quickly suggests they are more concerned than usual.

• Like 1

don't you just love the little "legal" disclaimer in the article:

"There is no suggestion that the duke had any sexual contact at the house, or knew what was allegedly going on there."

"Well of course Buckingham Palace are going to deny it, they would hardly be expected to admit it!"

It is highly unusual for the palace to make any comment on a tabloid press story. Usual policy is to ignore them and hope they just go away.

The fact that they have commented so quickly suggests they are more concerned than usual.

It's because Prince Andrew has been named in US court proceedings and is likely to become a defendant.

I think the US can just extradite straight from the UK. Oh yes, look . . .

http://london.usembassy.gov/extradition.html

This trend is becoming endemic in the UK. It seems to me that anyone now can accuse anyone else who is famous of some sort of 'sexual' act 20/30/40 years ago.

I know Jimmy Saville etc have been proven 'guilty' but it has started a trend whereby lives of innocent people can be ruined by being on police bail for 12 months etc, then being told there is no validity in the claims.

I'm no slavish supporter of the royal family or those who use their positions to exploit vulnerable people, but there has to be some sort of balance.

Look at Cliff Richard, an obvious target because he's never married. The cops tip off the press they are going to raid his house whilst he's away. As far as I know nothing has resulted from all of this, but it illustrates my concerns.

I do not pretend to know the answer to this problem, but I suspect it's easier to make allegations than for the person to disprove them. Then the mud sticks.

• Like 2

don't you just love the little "legal" disclaimer in the article:

"There is no suggestion that the duke had any sexual contact at the house, or knew what was allegedly going on there."

Press Pig is on the trail.

image-1.png

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This trend is becoming endemic in the UK. It seems to me that anyone now can accuse anyone else who is famous of some sort of 'sexual' act 20/30/40 years ago.

I know Jimmy Saville etc have been proven 'guilty' but it has started a trend whereby lives of innocent people can be ruined by being on police bail for 12 months etc, then being told there is no validity in the claims.

I'm no slavish supporter of the royal family or those who use their positions to exploit vulnerable people, but there has to be some sort of balance.

Look at Cliff Richard, an obvious target because he's never married. The cops tip off the press they are going to raid his house whilst he's away. As far as I know nothing has resulted from all of this, but it illustrates my concerns.

I do not pretend to know the answer to this problem, but I suspect it's easier to make allegations than for the person to disprove them. Then the mud sticks.

The problem with the allegations is that once they have been made, and through due process, have been proven or dis-proven, the mud is there for life.

Guilty or innocent, doesn't matter, the doubt will always be there.

• Like 2

Cheap shot. She'd have to be about 32 years old now. If she wants to make such an accusation, show her name and face. An anonymous (to the public) shot like that with the prince's name and picture splashed all over the world is over the top.

The US has a policy of not divulging the name of minors in situations like this which I think is good. But to come along about 15 years later when it's too late for a decent defense is the craps.

Maybe his royaltyness has been talking to Bill Cosby recently to get advise on how to deny 20 year old allegations of forced sex...So he got some a few years ago. bfd prove it was him

I knew something like this would happen after UK convictions on "He said-She said" evidence on something that allegedly happened 20 years in the past. More to come I am sure. This just may become the biggest extortion business in the 21st century. Sex offenses are terrible but in a democracy there should be solid evidence for civil or criminal convictions.

His royaltyness must have been talking to Bill Cosby to get advise on how to deny having sex without the girl's permission. Would not surprise me if he got some a few years ago, so BFD, prove he did wrong. I don't think you can get any evidence for this accusation

Please something news worthy OK?