French man found hanged in Koh Tao with his hands tied behind his back – foul play suspected

Lite Beer

I don't believe anything written in Thai newspapers. From personal experience I know they fabricate stories. If what they claimed about me had been printed in a newspaper in the States, I would be filthy rich right now. The 'reporters' don't write investigative journalism; creative writing is more like it.

• Like 2

I don't believe anything written in Thai newspapers. From personal experience I know they fabricate stories. If what they claimed about me had been printed in a newspaper in the States, I would be filthy rich right now. The 'reporters' don't write investigative journalism; creative writing is more like it.

You almost described the British tabloids. I think you'll find that not only media in Thailand fabricate stories mate.

• Like 1

You almost described the British tabloids. I think you'll find that not only media in Thailand fabricate stories mate.

So are you saying that because the British tabloids lie it is OK for the Thai police to cover up a murder ?

So are you saying that because the British tabloids lie it is OK for the Thai police to cover up a murder ?

Did I say anything about cover up a murder ? The media has a lot of power , every day we can read stories published online all over the world and even if its not factual news some people choose to believe it. Often it's difficult to separate the real facts from fiction.

Did I say anything about cover up a murder ? The media has a lot of power , every day we can read stories published online all over the world and even if its not factual news some people choose to believe it. Often it's difficult to separate the real facts from fiction.

Are you saying the media may not be impartial, and may have "an agenda"??? Good Lord. How can this be??

KoTao supporters are the rupture truss of the police and the mafia the dont know truth and never will all lies from people with interests and agendas

Plenty of room on ko Tao as noboby who is sane is going there buy return ticket go out alive return dead because of suicide as usual.

Regarding Tao being busiest it's ever been... Baloney!

We were there 3 years ago, THEN it was packed. Hard to find accom. (we had pre booked thankfully), dive boats full, beach bars full at night etc...

When we were back there from Dec 26 - 30 2014, things were different. Yes, the boats were busy, but not totally jam packed. Plenty of 'walk in' accom on Sairee Beach available. Dive boats noticeably quieter. Infact, when I went for a dive, there were only 3 of us diving (although this was a morning dive). The only real busy restaurant was the one belonging to Sairee Sairee cottages... everywhere else was just 'walk in'. Some of the beach bars were dead (esp. down AC bar side... we just walked past, refused to enter the premises).

I noticed that the beach bars up the north end of the beach were busier. The only real busy bars were Sunset (I think that's what it's called?) and one slightly further south than it.

Prices seem the same as 3 years ago... 200 baht for a scooter (had no problem getting deposit back), 120 baht for a chicken skewer meal from the beach bars.

People are still coming to Tao, but I suspect they're radiating out to other resorts outside Sairee Beach. I did get a sense of discomfort while there, but maybe it was just me.

• Like 2

My friend just returned from Death Rock and states it is as dead as a dodo in comparison to other years.

He has been going there for 12 years for the diving.

His thoughts were that there is certainly a different and uncomfortable atmosphere everywhere.

The bars on sairee seem to have become locals hangouts.. few tourists and other bars are subdued.

Why he went I dont know.. habit maybe.

The tourist trade on this island is in its death throes and rightly so.

This last so called suicide will help to put the cap on this cesspit.

• Like 1

Regarding Tao being busiest it's ever been... Baloney!

We were there 3 years ago, THEN it was packed. Hard to find accom. (we had pre booked thankfully), dive boats full, beach bars full at night etc...

When we were back there from Dec 26 - 30 2014, things were different. Yes, the boats were busy, but not totally jam packed. Plenty of 'walk in' accom on Sairee Beach available. Dive boats noticeably quieter. Infact, when I went for a dive, there were only 3 of us diving (although this was a morning dive). The only real busy restaurant was the one belonging to Sairee Sairee cottages... everywhere else was just 'walk in'. Some of the beach bars were dead (esp. down AC bar side... we just walked past, refused to enter the premises).

I noticed that the beach bars up the north end of the beach were busier. The only real busy bars were Sunset (I think that's what it's called?) and one slightly further south than it.

Prices seem the same as 3 years ago... 200 baht for a scooter (had no problem getting deposit back), 120 baht for a chicken skewer meal from the beach bars.

People are still coming to Tao, but I suspect they're radiating out to other resorts outside Sairee Beach. I did get a sense of discomfort while there, but maybe it was just me.

Nice to hear. I find genuine comfort in knowing the piglet families that are running murder island are making less money than before. It is a dark and heinous place of crime, and lawlessness. And any time you have a place that is run by families that are above the law, if is not a good thing. Personally, I will never return, and am trying to convince everyone I come in contact with to do the same.

Capasity to accomodate more tourists has increased as well .wild quess its 30-40 % more hotels,quest houses,hostels from last year.

You have made a wild quess. And I am happy there are now more quest houses now than before.

Koh Tao has doubled it's quest houses in the last 6 months. Lets hope the French mans death doubles it by another 80 per cent.

On wards and upwards. Islandslife's moto. " we don't care how many of you suckers die, just keep coming "

And p.s. my maths was never that strong.

• 4 years later...

I'm just freaking out of all the crap that I have alredy readed. I just write to explain the Whole truth of these case . I take it as a moral duty. If with some honest words,  I can prevent that what have happened here, will never happen again, I will consider the huge effort required to don't send you to hell as worthy. I will be as much calm and polite as I'm aviable. I will do my best. 

First of all, I'm a person who was really close to Dimitri and his family. Until today, I wasn't ready to hear all the media`s lies. Even if I've been clued in the roughtness and strenght, that fake news, and yellow gossips reach when he dies. I'm freaking out with all of you and your cheating forum. 

Your ignorance,  doesn't excuse your arrogance. You're ready to argue, defend, and justify, absurd theories. It looks like all of you are eminences in forensics, suicide knots, Criminal investigation, and all the knowledge needed to create your own paranoia, and sell it to the others as truth. Just keep on talking until someone take the bigger bet, and make it double. Links to justify your own creation. Opinions presented as Cience Articles. At the end just to talk about something that  you  don't really care. You don't really knows. Don't thing that you're exposing fotos to find any answer, don't thing you're achieving any useless point. You're doing this for your ghoul, shellfish meddling.  Just this. Never take in count or respect, the pain, the desires, or the opinion of the ones who are living for real this.

Good Bye! 

• Haha 1