Lazada. A Thai surprise for a change?

umbanda

I like Lazada cause it is cheap and there is finally an online alternative to the rip-off shops. Here in Tukcom Pattaya they wanted 20k for a PS4 including a game (GTA V). Ordered the same thing off Lazada for 14,700.

I have 3 major complaints:

1) The discount codes only show up on the Thai version of the website, so make sure you check (my 10% off code saved me 1,600 Baht)

2) Why do they have to call me a million times to confirm the order? What is the point? Am I too stupid to order or what? If they only wanted to confirm my phone number they could do this via SMS but they call a million times and name all the items you ordered. For what?

3) The delivery service (Kerry in my case) is useless. How hard can it be to just go to the bloody address on the package! No, we have to call like 10 times and ask what is nearby. Directions like "go inside soi 11 and to the ONLY apartment complex there" is too hard for them. They hung up on me... and after trying a few more times I had to bring a Thai speaker who told them the very same thing. End of the story? The guy was waiting in front of the apartment the whole time!

The delivery service is always a problem, not only lazada, only postmen have their own delivery route. They know the area well. Companies like Kerry service a large area and have no idea where everything is. If you have ever tried to use GPS in Thailand you will quickly learn that its useless so I assume maps with street-names are too.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't need to have an idea where everything is. I mean, there's house numbers, right? I know that they're not necessarily in order but a delivery service (!) should be able to have a list/map/coordinates with all the house numbers. At least for apartment complexes. Hey, they even could've put the house number in Google and it would show the apartment.

It is just really, really unprofessional what they do.

The delivery van was some beat up panel van advertising some sewing service... and the driver grabbed my package from the pile of packages flying around under the backseat.

Dang, all this talk about Lazada, I was reading this thread last night, went to the bedroom and my wife was on Lazada and had the two items she wanted (during our previous failed order attempt), in her "cart". What the hell, I said go ahead, so she ordered COD instead of using our credit card like last time. I just like to get the 1.5% cash back. tongue.png

Mrs did avail a 10% voucher code which knocked 848.00 Baht off, and that was alright with me!

Edited by 55Jay

You don't need to have an idea where everything is. I mean, there's house numbers, right? I know that they're not necessarily in order but a delivery service (!) should be able to have a list/map/coordinates with all the house numbers. At least for apartment complexes. Hey, they even could've put the house number in Google and it would show the apartment.

The delivery van was some beat up panel van advertising some sewing service... and the driver grabbed my package from the pile of packages flying around under the backseat.

I am not joking, just get a gps and try to find some streets and you will see the problem. Even using google its hard to find streetnames, it really is not that easy. Why do you think they ask for maps of your house with most deliveries and even at immigration.

This is not a lazada or kerry logistics thing.. it goes for everyone except postmen.

Make sure you pay by Paypal. easier to get refund.

I never pay ahead.. pay on delivery seems to work good. Paypal.. not so sure if its a good idea your exchange rate will suck.

exchange rate? Pay with Thai baht from Thai bank

My papal is hooked to my Dutch bank.

Rob, if you have a credit card on that Dutch account, then I think your paypal is automatically linked to that credit card. At least that is how it happened with me.

I guess you're new to Thailand and never had anything delivered to you before!

House numbers in Thailand haven't anything to do with GPS locations. Try putting your house number or any address in Thailand in Google. Guaranteed Google won't find it!

You're to used to countries like the US, where the US postal service has supplied Google with GPS coordinates for addresses.

Heck many of the sois and streets don't even have names! If they do, they often have several names. Yeah, there is no order to the house numbers. A house that has a house address one digit from mine (ie: ##/7 vs ##/8) is 4 Km away from here! My neighbors have house numbers that are wildly different.

I've spent years trying to get it so that Thailand Post could even deliver my mail properly. Many times I don't get letters, bills, or packages through the mail! Every time there's a new postal carrier I spend months trying to get the mail delivered properly again!

Same is true with any delivery service in Thailand.

Why do you suppose every time you want something to be delivered to you in Thailand, they want you to provide them with a map showing the location and contact number? Even armed with a map, the delivery people still often call because they can't find the location.

Bottom line, you can't hold it against Lazada!

You're only complaint is really against the logistics company used because they used a private subcontractor who isn't paid much. But really, what do you expect for free delivery?

Was the package damaged? I doubt it, as you signed for it. If so, you would have a reason to bitch. Why don't you look at some videos on YouTube and see how UPS packages are often handled?

IMO this thread is about a bunch of TV tossers wanting to bitch as normal! No real complaints against Lazada! saai.gif

Rob, if you have a credit card on that Dutch account, then I think your paypal is automatically linked to that credit card. At least that is how it happened with me.

At one point it was linked to the creditcard but I changed it to my bank account. Or something like that but I will look into it.

well I ordered my watch, they accepted the payment and took the money from my bank, told me I would have the watch in 10 to 14 days as it had to come from overseas. I replied and said fine and that I expected a Seiko warranty/guarantee with it to show it is genuine then they immediately emailed me telling me that I was not verified and they were refunding all the money and that they had never taken it from my account. They blatantly lied to me, looks like they didnt like being caught out trying to sell fake watches. My wife phoned them twice, they answered and said they needed to get more information on it then left her hanging on the phone for over 30 minutes till she just hung up rather than have to lose face. My bank told me that they did take the money and I am now waiting for it to be returned or I will be getting my aussie bank to take action against them, they are frauds and liars, anyone dealing with them is asking for trouble.

well I ordered my watch, they accepted the payment and took the money from my bank, told me I would have the watch in 10 to 14 days as it had to come from overseas. I replied and said fine and that I expected a Seiko warranty/guarantee with it to show it is genuine then they immediately emailed me telling me that I was not verified and they were refunding all the money and that they had never taken it from my account. They blatantly lied to me, looks like they didnt like being caught out trying to sell fake watches. My wife phoned them twice, they answered and said they needed to get more information on it then left her hanging on the phone for over 30 minutes till she just hung up rather than have to lose face. My bank told me that they did take the money and I am now waiting for it to be returned or I will be getting my aussie bank to take action against them, they are frauds and liars, anyone dealing with them is asking for trouble.

Maybe you were just unlucky..... caveat emptor. I have had no problems with the 30 items I have bought through them (they are just middle men, you do realise that, don't you?) - maybe I just understood what I was buying.

You get a manufacturers warranty with all purchases. Interesting to see how an |Aussie bank is going to kick the ass of a Thai retailer,,,, the refund will be effected between the card processors.

Calling them frauds and liars on an open forum may just be tantamount to libel.

House numbers in Thailand haven't anything to do with GPS locations. Try putting your house number or any address in Thailand in Google. Guaranteed Google won't find it!

You're to used to countries like the US, where the US postal service has supplied Google with GPS coordinates for addresses.

Heck many of the sois and streets don't even have names! If they do, they often have several names. Yeah, there is no order to the house numbers. A house that has a house address one digit from mine (ie: ##/7 vs ##/8) is 4 Km away from here! My neighbors have house numbers that are wildly different.

I've spent years trying to get it so that Thailand Post could even deliver my mail properly. Many times I don't get letters, bills, or packages through the mail! Every time there's a new postal carrier I spend months trying to get the mail delivered properly again!

Why do you suppose every time you want something to be delivered to you in Thailand, they want you to provide them with a map showing the location and contact number? Even armed with a map, the delivery people still often call because they can't find the location.

You're only complaint is really against the logistics company used because they used a private subcontractor who isn't paid much. But really, what do you expect for free delivery?

Was the package damaged? I doubt it, as you signed for it. If so, you would have a reason to bitch. Why don't you look at some videos on YouTube and see how UPS packages are often handled?

IMO this thread is about a bunch of TV tossers wanting to bitch as normal! No real complaints against Lazada! saai.gif

What are you on about? Even I could find my soi without being a postman. It's something like Pattaya Third Road Soi 17. Clearly named and numbered! What's there not to understand? My soi is only 200 metres long so this guy was just being lazy and/or incompetent.

And yes, it is Lazada's fault for using crappy subcontractors to save money. I would happily pay more to have at least the option of having it delivered by a proper service like DHL.

Edit: Yes, and next time I will try to send an email with a map of my soi when I order... <deleted> crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZL4v7J7m

Edited by wump

What are you on about? Even I could find my soi without being a postman. It's something like Pattaya Third Road Soi 17. Clearly named and numbered! What's there not to understand? My soi is only 200 metres long so this guy was just being lazy and/or incompetent.

And yes, it is Lazada's fault for using crappy subcontractors to save money. I would happily pay more to have at least the option of having it delivered by a proper service like DHL.

Edit: Yes, and next time I will try to send an email with a map of my soi when I order... <deleted> crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZL4v7J7m

You got multiple people telling you you are wrong and you keep being stubborn. Probably new in Thailand.

I have been a customer of Lazada for about 6 months, purchased about 15,000 B worth of goods and agree the service/pricing/delivery has been excellent but ........ my last buy was Bushnell binoculars and not understanding enclosed instructions, I Emailed Bushnell. Their reply stunned me as they said product fake and Bushnell's review of Lazada indicated other items were also fake. I sent this Email to Lazada a week ago and have not received a reply !

I am being stubborn? Just because multiple people say something doesn't make it right. If the soi is on the address sticker and the place is right on this soi then what is the problem? I would understand if there is problems if I lived in the middle of nowhere, but seeing how they go about it I think they wouldn't even find beach road soi 6 in Pattaya!

And I have been in Thailand wrong enough to understand that people are often useless in their positions. Ever been to a shopping centre like Central and asked staff something about a product?

Edited by wump

I am being stubborn? Just because multiple people say something doesn't make it right. If the soi is on the address sticker and the place is right on this soi then what is the problem? I would understand if there is problems if I lived in the middle of nowhere, but seeing how they go about it I think they wouldn't even find beach road soi 6 in Pattaya!

And I have been in Thailand wrong enough to understand that people are often useless in their positions. Ever been to a shopping centre like Central and asked staff something about a product?

Its not about the middle of nowhere its that there are no good street maps and things don't make sense. That is also the reason why GPS does not work good here (you cant find streets or house numbers). So the core problem is that there is no good administration of what is where that is why even if you don't live in the middle of nowhere they need a map.

That is also the reason why almost every delivery guy will ask for a map with some big reference points. You can ask anyone who has ever tried to use a gps here and or people who have tried to find streets on Google maps. Its not logical.. its not right.. but its Thailand.

Where I come from you can find everything on Google maps or with a gps. Here.. impossible even if you write Thai. I got a dual language gps so gf types streets in Thai.. still wont find it. Nobody kept a good record of stuff like this. That is why they will almost always call.

I have been a customer of Lazada for about 6 months, purchased about 15,000 B worth of goods and agree the service/pricing/delivery has been excellent but ........ my last buy was Bushnell binoculars and not understanding enclosed instructions, I Emailed Bushnell. Their reply stunned me as they said product fake and Bushnell's review of Lazada indicated other items were also fake. I sent this Email to Lazada a week ago and have not received a reply !

As lazada is only the middle man id pursue this and make sure you get the real product. Don't take no for an answer.

As lazada is only the middle man id pursue this and make sure you get the real product. Don't take no for an answer.

robblok makes a good point. Lazada is only the middle man and links volume buyers with volume sellers. Recource must be against the supplier, not the agent.

That said, there should be,say, a 7 day period when Lazada retain control of the funds pending possible disputes.

Consider a purchase from Makro or Big C - there is no accountability by the seller, I was passed off to the manufacturer when I bought faulty goods from Makro.

Ordered a Power bank 6 days ago and it arrived today COD. Postage box was in good condition but the item packaging looked a bit worn and was not sealed. Power bank had a couple of small scuffs and what looked like finger prints so is either ex display, used or a return. Not impressed but at least it works.

Edited by apetley

Ordered a Power bank 6 days ago and it arrived today COD. Postage box was in good condition but the item packaging looked a bit worn and was not sealed. Power bank had a couple of small scuffs and what looked like finger prints so is either ex display, used or a return. Not impressed but at least it works.

The whole point about COD is that you can inspect the goods before you accept. If a package i ordered is not sealed and new i do not accept or pay.

I just wanted to order something from this shop and pay by paypal. I have some funds in paypal account. But i can't use it. Paypal says delivery to Thailand is not possible.

Last time i tried to order something from China also with paypal. Then the shop asked me for a passport copy to proof my identity. Nah, i don't send such informations around.

I only want to use this $%#*&^ moeny in my paypal account. No chance.

Paypal is completely useless. I know, little off topic...

• 2 months later...

We have also started to use Lazada for most non-food household items. Cash on delivery.

It is a lot cheaper and they have all kind of extra discounts, such at 20% off when buying for 6,000 baht or more.

Must be a serious threat to the overpriced Thai retail market, such as Villa, etc.

We have also started to use Lazada for most non-food household items. Cash on delivery.

It is a lot cheaper and they have all kind of extra discounts, such at 20% off when buying for 6,000 baht or more.

Must be a serious threat to the overpriced Thai retail market, such as Villa, etc.

I think you are comparing apples to oranges. Lazada vs Villa? How much is Marmite at Lazada? (Rhetorical question).

I think you are comparing apples to oranges. Lazada vs Villa? How much is Marmite at Lazada? (Rhetorical question).

Is Marmite a non-food household item? (Stupid question)

I just wanted to order something from this shop and pay by paypal. I have some funds in paypal account. But i can't use it. Paypal says delivery to Thailand is not possible.

Last time i tried to order something from China also with paypal. Then the shop asked me for a passport copy to proof my identity. Nah, i don't send such informations around.

Had the same issue. Now I opened a other PayPal account with Thai address. Works perfect.

I bought items from Lazada maybe 10 times. Always fast, and COD. Did some price checks before and opted for Lazada as theirs was best.

I also use ebay, invadeit, Zalora etc. So far all good.

When buying from Lazada check who the actual seller is.

Had the same issue. Now I opened a other PayPal account with Thai address. Works perfect.

I bought items from Lazada maybe 10 times. Always fast, and COD. Did some price checks before and opted for Lazada as theirs was best.

I also use ebay, invadeit, Zalora etc. So far all good.

When buying from Lazada check who the actual seller is.

Sorry....
but opening a new thai paypal account, can I use my credit card that is not Thai? That 'if I open a thai paypal account, paypal accepts my credit card that is not' Thai? What did you do?
thanks
because I tried to ask for their email, linked to their paypal account, so to pay directly by logging into my paypal profile and sending money to a purchase, but they didn't reply..... (they answered me, but they only sent me the link of payment methods...very useful.....)

I like Lazada cause it is cheap and there is finally an online alternative to the rip-off shops. Here in Tukcom Pattaya they wanted 20k for a PS4 including a game (GTA V). Ordered the same thing off Lazada for 14,700.

I have 3 major complaints:

1) The discount codes only show up on the Thai version of the website, so make sure you check (my 10% off code saved me 1,600 Baht)

2) Why do they have to call me a million times to confirm the order? What is the point? Am I too stupid to order or what? If they only wanted to confirm my phone number they could do this via SMS but they call a million times and name all the items you ordered. For what?

3) The delivery service (Kerry in my case) is useless. How hard can it be to just go to the bloody address on the package! No, we have to call like 10 times and ask what is nearby. Directions like "go inside soi 11 and to the ONLY apartment complex there" is too hard for them. They hung up on me... and after trying a few more times I had to bring a Thai speaker who told them the very same thing. End of the story? The guy was waiting in front of the apartment the whole time!

3) Here in the west of Bangkok they always use a different small delivery service. I know Kerry and in compare to them the existence of Kerry is a gift from God.

Usually the driver loads it into the truck. Tries to call you one time (or sometimes he doesn't) and than unload it again from the truck and no one is doing anything. Even at complains at Lazada it stays 10 days in the nowhere until you start a Paypal disput.....

I have ordered a number of things from Lazada and have been very satisfied with the service, the nice thing about it is that it was 15% cheaper than any local store in Pattaya and delivered to my door .........then I paid, the last 12 months they have saved me 20k baht

I don't go near a local store to buy anything now, I might have a look locally but buy of Lazada

I have ordered a number of things from Lazada and have been very satisfied with the service, the nice thing about it is that it was 15% cheaper than any local store in Pattaya and delivered to my door .........then I paid, the last 12 months they have saved me 20k baht

I don't go near a local store to buy anything now, I might have a look locally but buy of Lazada

Same here i buy everything from Lazada now. Their site is so easy to view and order and their prices are so much cheaper (especially with their discounts). The only hassle is waiting around for delivery.