Lazada. A Thai surprise for a change?

umbanda

Ordered a Power bank 6 days ago and it arrived today COD. Postage box was in good condition but the item packaging looked a bit worn and was not sealed. Power bank had a couple of small scuffs and what looked like finger prints so is either ex display, used or a return. Not impressed but at least it works.

Bought a Drum for a laser printer and I got a used one.

No refund until I made a dispute at paypal. Than I got the money back.

Quick answers from the support till I sent it back...than silence and no answer to my emails after 4 weeks.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been a customer of Lazada for about 6 months, purchased about 15,000 B worth of goods and agree the service/pricing/delivery has been excellent but ........ my last buy was Bushnell binoculars and not understanding enclosed instructions, I Emailed Bushnell. Their reply stunned me as they said product fake and Bushnell's review of Lazada indicated other items were also fake. I sent this Email to Lazada a week ago and have not received a reply !

As lazada is only the middle man id pursue this and make sure you get the real product. Don't take no for an answer.

robblok makes a good point. Lazada is only the middle man and links volume buyers with volume sellers. Recource must be against the supplier, not the agent.

That said, there should be,say, a 7 day period when Lazada retain control of the funds pending possible disputes.

Consider a purchase from Makro or Big C - there is no accountability by the seller, I was passed off to the manufacturer when I bought faulty goods from Makro.

middle man is no reason for not answering emails. And if some seller makes problems they should help the endcustomer, in the worst case kick out the seller from the store. Amazon can do it.

• 2 weeks later...

I found Lazada to be pretty much worthless looking for a Nikon Camera They tagged up their charges by 500 baht over EC mall which is where they get the camera. They tell you its cheaper but it isn't & unless you speak Thai good luck My Thai girl told them to f off & for me to find a more reputable company. I waited 4 days for someone to respond in English & they never did. I asked for the supervisor & the dweeb girl told me no hab. And I also found they will sell you the more expensive camera that is suppose to be the Nikon warranty that goes to Phuket for repairs instead of Somchai's maybe it will work with Thai glue & peanut butter repair.Much better companies than theirs. I know a couple people in Pattaya that said the same thing never buy anything that is important from them.

I have ordered 5 different items from Lazada, all without problem and all paid for cod. One electrical item arrived without English instructions. I let them know and an English user manual arrived in the post 2 days later ( I didn't need it really, I had downloaded from the net ). No complaints from me, a good useable service.

I just wanted to order something from this shop and pay by paypal. I have some funds in paypal account. But i can't use it. Paypal says delivery to Thailand is not possible.

Last time i tried to order something from China also with paypal. Then the shop asked me for a passport copy to proof my identity. Nah, i don't send such informations around.

I only want to use this $%#*&^ moeny in my paypal account. No chance.

Paypal is completely useless. I know, little off topic...

Had the same issue. Now I opened a other PayPal account with Thai address. Works perfect.

I bought items from Lazada maybe 10 times. Always fast, and COD. Did some price checks before and opted for Lazada as theirs was best.

I also use ebay, invadeit, Zalora etc. So far all good.

When buying from Lazada check who the actual seller is.

Sorry....
but opening a new thai paypal account, can I use my credit card that is not Thai? That 'if I open a thai paypal account, paypal accepts my credit card that is not' Thai? What did you do?
thanks
because I tried to ask for their email, linked to their paypal account, so to pay directly by logging into my paypal profile and sending money to a purchase, but they didn't reply..... (they answered me, but they only sent me the link of payment methods...very useful.....)

You open a bank account at Kasikorn Bank.

You get the virtual credit card for internet use.

You use that to register paypal.

If Paypal finds out that you have 2 Paypal accounts they freeze both for 6 month...so you don't have any problems thinking what to do with your funds.

If not, there is a good chance the block your Paypal for security reason, so be sure you have some documents that proof that you live where your live (utility bill).

I did an order with them about 4 weeks, invoice said Free shipping, when it arrived they wanted 400B for delivery. This has happened twice. Never again.

I think the problem lies with the delivery company not so much LAZADA.

I have ordered 15 items from Lazada and all in excellent new state.

Delivery was always free, and between 2-6 business days. (Delivery times depends on which shop supplies the item).

I time I used a 1200 baht discount coupon, with an order of 10 items total more then 6000 baht, so cost 1200 less.

Other time for a new computer, with a discount coupon of 10%

I have no complaints, but their email reply can be a bit odd sometimes.

I write in English and get a reply back in Thaiwhistling.gif , sometimes

Their delivery company Kerry Logistic, needs to learn a bit more LOGIC, but they always delivered all with great services and speedy.

Descriptions on the website are given by the seller/shop that sells that item. Sometimes it is in English, many times only in Thai.

When you want to buy something, always search Lazada with the same product, because more then 1 shop may sell the same item at different prices.

Edited by ronthai

• 2 weeks later...
I have major problems with this company for over 2 months. All my emails (about 25) remain unanswered. Just an automatic reply how good they are taking care of their customers (sic). All my calls (about 20 and being on the phone for half an hour at least every time) were promised to be returned by someone with responsibility and within 1 hour. Not one time this happened. Calling them they stating they have no manager at first, later stating the manager refuses to talk to me. Manager is Mr. A... C... and senior Mr. A...., both not want to talk to me / find solution. Another is supervisor Miss Ji.. with many promises but no action. Also Miss At... fails to do what she promises. I got both on the phone in the beginning and they would investigate and get back to me. Never happened.

Complaint is that I ordered something I thought the specifications were wrong on their website. Prior the ordering: 3 emails with no reply, 4 calls in which they confirming all is correct on their site. Finally I ordered the item. Upon receiving I was proven right; completely wrong on 5 major specifications (much lower quality delivered, let's say 20% only of what is says on the site).

Since then I mail, call, mail....... without any response. I called with many staff; no one can (wants) to help or do something. It is just impossible the get to a responsible person who wants to act.

No warranty but sent the item back 3 weeks ago. No conformation they received it and of course no refund at all yet.

Reading the comments, I can image, if no problems and specifications are correct customers can be happy. A good company however is one who is well managed, organized and able to deal with problems and find solutions. This is absolutely NOT the case with Lazada and I feel completely speechless, helpless and being in a fake modern country with all pitfalls and alligators. I crossed the 100 hours being busy with this.

If someone knows of a responsible and caring staff at lazada, it would be great to have her/hiss email or phone number.

Thanks.

I have major problems with this company for over 2 months. All my emails (about 25) remain unanswered. Just an automatic reply how good they are taking care of their customers (sic). All my calls (about 20 and being on the phone for half an hour at least every time) were promised to be returned by someone with responsibility and within 1 hour. Not one time this happened. Calling them they stating they have no manager at first, later stating the manager refuses to talk to me. Manager is Mr. A... C... and senior Mr. A...., both not want to talk to me / find solution. Another is supervisor Miss Ji.. with many promises but no action. Also Miss At... fails to do what she promises. I got both on the phone in the beginning and they would investigate and get back to me. Never happened.

Complaint is that I ordered something I thought the specifications were wrong on their website. Prior the ordering: 3 emails with no reply, 4 calls in which they confirming all is correct on their site. Finally I ordered the item. Upon receiving I was proven right; completely wrong on 5 major specifications (much lower quality delivered, let's say 20% only of what is says on the site).

Since then I mail, call, mail....... without any response. I called with many staff; no one can (wants) to help or do something. It is just impossible the get to a responsible person who wants to act.

No warranty but sent the item back 3 weeks ago. No conformation they received it and of course no refund at all yet.

Reading the comments, I can image, if no problems and specifications are correct customers can be happy. A good company however is one who is well managed, organized and able to deal with problems and find solutions. This is absolutely NOT the case with Lazada and I feel completely speechless, helpless and being in a fake modern country with all pitfalls and alligators. I crossed the 100 hours being busy with this.

If someone knows of a responsible and caring staff at lazada, it would be great to have her/hiss email or phone number.

Thanks.

What did you buy?

It was a tablet but removed now from the site.

Specs on the site were: built in GPS -Glossnast-AGPS, HD 1280 x 800 screen resolution, Android 4.4 etc...

Delivered was: No GPS built in, screen was 800 x 480, Android 4.02 etc....

give BigC's excellent online-shopping site a try. has a marketplace too (unlike at lazada, it is easily visible which items are sold on the marketplace before you even click on the item), but most goods are being sold and delivered by BigC themselves. And their prices are excellent too, with no danger of buying dodgy grey-market-imports.

Chances are, you will not bother with lazada again anytime soon.

http://www.cdiscount.co.th

• 1 month later...

It's a sad state of affairs if people consider Lazada to be a good option.

They sent us the wrong item three times this year. And I don't mean wrong model or wrong colour.... a completely different item.

On our last order the delivery driver insisted that 1am was a suitable time for delivery and was quite shocked when we rejected this suggestion. A week later still no item so we cancelled the order. Lazada then agreed to 1-3 days refund then took 22 days, while ignoring every message and phone call in between.

I took the Lazada option over eBay because I thought it would be 1 week delivery instead of 3-6 weeks from overseas.

Sadly this just hasn't been the case at all and when you put that together with their infuriating incompetence, it's back to the 3-6 week option for us.

Buying from Lazada is a big gamble. One we won't be taking anymore.

• 4 months later...

You don't need to have an idea where everything is. I mean, there's house numbers, right? I know that they're not necessarily in order but a delivery service (!) should be able to have a list/map/coordinates with all the house numbers. At least for apartment complexes. Hey, they even could've put the house number in Google and it would show the apartment.

It is just really, really unprofessional what they do.

The delivery van was some beat up panel van advertising some sewing service... and the driver grabbed my package from the pile of packages flying around under the backseat.

I am not joking, just get a gps and try to find some streets and you will see the problem. Even using google its hard to find streetnames, it really is not that easy. Why do you think they ask for maps of your house with most deliveries and even at immigration.

This is not a lazada or kerry logistics thing.. it goes for everyone except postmen.

They have been here 2 to 3 thousand years, i come from Aust 200 years of people & can buy a directory in any province that will find where you need to be, TIT mae pen rai it is not there fault, but why does it happen is the real question, can anyone enlighten me & rest of the universe, but WDF RUMK

You don't need to have an idea where everything is. I mean, there's house numbers, right? I know that they're not necessarily in order but a delivery service (!) should be able to have a list/map/coordinates with all the house numbers. At least for apartment complexes. Hey, they even could've put the house number in Google and it would show the apartment.

It is just really, really unprofessional what they do.

The delivery van was some beat up panel van advertising some sewing service... and the driver grabbed my package from the pile of packages flying around under the backseat.

I am not joking, just get a gps and try to find some streets and you will see the problem. Even using google its hard to find streetnames, it really is not that easy. Why do you think they ask for maps of your house with most deliveries and even at immigration.

This is not a lazada or kerry logistics thing.. it goes for everyone except postmen.

They have been here 2 to 3 thousand years, i come from Aust 200 years of people & can buy a directory in any province that will find where you need to be, TIT mae pen rai it is not there fault, but why does it happen is the real question, can anyone enlighten me & rest of the universe, but WDF RUMK

I think everyone has heard of Driving Under the Influence (DUI); above post is Posting Under the Influence (PUI).

Had mostly good experience with lazada, sure got to be careful of 3rd party sellers since they are just that. And special prices are sometimes deals but sometimes crazy, typically retail.

Yesterday ordered some hard to find laptop ddr2 ram from lazada and a SSD from jib. Lazada said delivery due around 4th Nov but both items arrived today in under 24hrs. Lazada cod as always so no risk.

It's a sad state of affairs if people consider Lazada to be a good option.

They sent us the wrong item three times this year. And I don't mean wrong model or wrong colour.... a completely different item.

On our last order the delivery driver insisted that 1am was a suitable time for delivery and was quite shocked when we rejected this suggestion. A week later still no item so we cancelled the order. Lazada then agreed to 1-3 days refund then took 22 days, while ignoring every message and phone call in between.

I took the Lazada option over eBay because I thought it would be 1 week delivery instead of 3-6 weeks from overseas.

Sadly this just hasn't been the case at all and when you put that together with their infuriating incompetence, it's back to the 3-6 week option for us.

Buying from Lazada is a big gamble. One we won't be taking anymore.

My experience also " NEVER AGAIN"

• 3 months later...

i ordered an item from lazada. arrived ok and paid COD. used it for 2 mins and i broke down. contacted them, no problem, return it for appraisal. got email 3 days later. no problem, you can get a refund, please send bank details. sent them, got email 3 days later saying the money will go in to your bank on 3rd feb. get email on 3rd feb saying money is in your bank but it will take up to 7 days for the money to appear in your bank account. 10 days later, still no money. get reply from them saying sorry for the delay, please send your bank details. WHAT!!!!!!! how did they put the money in on 3rd Feb. so i send bank details again. no reply from them. sent lots of emails. no reply. ring them. money will go into your bank, honest.

NEVER AGAIN----DO NOT USE LAZADA.

Had mostly good experience with lazada, sure got to be careful of 3rd party sellers since they are just that. And special prices are sometimes deals but sometimes crazy, typically retail.

Yesterday ordered some hard to find laptop ddr2 ram from lazada and a SSD from jib. Lazada said delivery due around 4th Nov but both items arrived today in under 24hrs. Lazada cod as always so no risk.

no risk....unless something goes wrong with it and lazada don't want to refund your money wai2.gif

I cannot praise Lazada high enough.

Have ordered plenty of items and all have arrived with no problems.

Great company.

One of Thailand's success stories. No doubt about that.

Some people just like moaning.sad.png

+1. Good prices, wide selection of products and delivered direct to your front door.

The wife is a magician in finding discount codes.