Pheu Thai politician admits he has no license from Sanrio to open Kitty resort

Lite Beer

Disney, Warner Bros, Hello Kitty, Angry birds etc etc. If lawyers from these companies came to the school I used to work out (hell, and loads of other schools in Thailand) they'd have a heart attack. Many characters were plastered all over the windows, walls, ceilings

I don't think their lawyers would have much interest in a non-commercial use of their trademarked characters. In the case of a Hello Kitty Hotel, the hotel operator is using the goodwill and branding developed by Sanrio and profiting from its unauthorized use. If the hotel gains a bad reputation, it would damage Sanrio's branding. This failed PTP politician is in for a world of hurt.

Agreed. Let us hope they squeeze him and his cronies for a lot of money and loss of face...

On a side note. My son's English book was discussing the beginning of countries. It had the topic of government. I asked him. What does government mean? The army working for the king he said. The next word was citizen.

Who do you think citizens are?

Son: they are the people who work for the army.

I asked my son. Do you know the happy song.? Yes, and then he sang it to me.

Brain washing.! I'm sure that you put him right. What chance to the new generation have?

'But he said he did not think that he would have any legal trouble.' He's presumably relying on the quirks endemic in the Thai legal system. Because I doubt Sanrio will shrug its corporate shoulders and look the other way.

'Baowiew also denied that he had opened resorts to tourists to stay although it has not been completed yet.' He must have links to Siam Paragon.

Is he a politician if he failed to become a candidate?

Ummm, no. "Failed candidate" means he WAS a candidate who failed to be elected. Irrelevant anyway, in Thailand you don't need any experience to be a politician, or even a Prime Minister.

Copycat Hello Kitty resort is technically legal, according to owner

By Coconuts Bangkok

xhk1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.HFYHIQzagVnn-0Nnoq

LOEI: -- The owner of recently opened 'Kitty Resort Phu Ruea' in Loei province has responded to criticisms following a post on Pantip that captured what appeared to be a shoddy (and unauthorized) Hello Kitty-themed resort.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/789335-loei-copycat-hello-kitty-resort-is-technically-legal-according-to-owner/