Bike Driver injured in collision with SUV in Jomtien

webfact

Bike Driver injured in collision with SUV in Jomtien

crash-21.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Late on Sunday a motorbike driver sustained a serious head injury following a collision with an SUV. A fire then engulfed the motorbike and front of the SUV, whose driver and passenger, including a 3 year old boy were uninjured.

Police and medics made their way to the scene of the crash on the Sukhumvit Road where it intersects with Soi Chayapreuk in Jomtien.

The crash involved the motorbike, driven by Khun Reungrak and a Toyota Fortuner, travelling to Chonburi City, driven by Khun Soraya aged 52. Also inside the Fortuner was members of her family including a 3 year old boy, who all escaped injury.

According to witnesses and the Fortuner driver, the motorbike came out from Soi Chayapreuk onto the main Sukhmvit Road, on a red traffic light and was struck by the Fortuner and dragged almost 100 meters along the road.

An explosion then took place which destroyed the bike and caused major front-end damage to the Fortuner.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/162890/bike-driver-injured-in-collision-with-suv-in-jomtien/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-01-05

It is scary when they do this - drive onto the road without even a glance left or right.

This one has obviously paid the price. Maybe the head injury he suffered will correct the neural pathways?

Certainly a shock for the family in the Fortuner too.

It seems Thailand is destined for the #1 spot in fatalities (re the news section).

• Like 2

They do that all the time on roads connecting with Sukhumvit. They just go left and right through the red light, no stopping, even if cars are coming down Suk. Crazy. And many scooter drivers don't even look.

and not only Thai's. watched as a foreigner did this today

• Like 2

I saw a flash of red coming through some bushes on the left side of the road..i got off the gas just as a 12 year old kid came out of a side road on a scooter with no helmet of course. He made no attempt to stop for the main road. It was only because i saw a red shirt through the bushes that i slowed and just missed him. I could have beaten the shit out of him for being so stupid and so could the missus... she was foaming at the mouth with anger at the mess he would have got me into when i was doing nothing wrong

They do that all the time on roads connecting with Sukhumvit. They just go left and right through the red light, no stopping, even if cars are coming down Suk. Crazy. And many scooter drivers don't even look.

Yes, and many vehicles on Sukhumvit continue on through red lights.

They certainly do not look when they filter in to their left, seemingly presuming that lane will be left empty for them.