Refused to pay for Thai gf's flight to Europe and now she's mad. Am I being unreasonable?

fitfalang

OP, stop being a cheap Charlie and pay the girls ticket.

Not only that but upgrade it to 1st class.........you can travel on economy.

Show her, what a loving husband you will become in the future.

As we all know, money is no object for us rich farangs.

then you pay it, he already told you he aint rich

Another example of how hard it is to be sarcastic in a post. Perhaps, Costas,mic you had said "doggie kennel" instead of economy....

I am " delighted " that i am not in a relationship..I couldn't stand the stress and hassle of the whole bloody show!

( let her pay for her own bloody ticket! )

" Good night and God bless "

F.J Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

How much do you spend on blister cream per month?

OP, stop being a cheap Charlie and pay the girls ticket.

Not only that but upgrade it to 1st class.........you can travel on economy.

Show her, what a loving husband you will become in the future.

As we all know, money is no object for us rich farangs.

then you pay it, he already told you he aint rich

Another example of how hard it is to be sarcastic in a post. Perhaps, Costas,mic you had said "doggie kennel" instead of economy....

its not hard for someone with some imagination.

The "Game" Has Changed.

Now ... You See The Real World.

This is just the start.

Just get used to it ..... and "Hang On".

Someone is now in her "ear" and I hope you will take this very moment and understand these four words.

"The... Game ... Has ... Changed."

• Like 1

Does she have a visa to the UK yet????

This sounds premature to me, if she spent all her money on a visa then spend the $800 US ( sorry I am American I don't know the prices to the UK ) then you should pay for her ticket, make her turn a few tricks in the UK and you will make your money back...

Does she have a visa to the UK yet????

This sounds premature to me, if she spent all her money on a visa then spend the $800 US ( sorry I am American I don't know the prices to the UK ) then you should pay for her ticket, make her turn a few tricks in the UK and you will make your money back...

do you think that makes you sound clever?

• Like 1

Since you got the same income while Europe is a lot more expensive she relatively is left with more money to spent then you. So her chipping in sounds fair enough and luckily she does seem to pay roughly half of the costs. A modern and fair approach, both men and women work these days and need to take care of eachother and later take care of the household.

However tickets ain't cheap for low earners such as you both. Assuming you will also pay her expenses here it sounds reasonable that she chips in half. Her stay here may costs hundreds of euro's plus the tickets ( half of about 600-800 euro's) so she can chip in half the ticket price.

The comments here on paying for pussy, that Thai ladies should chose Thai men if you aren't willing to act like a rich walking ATM or that all Thai expect farang to be rich is just ridiculous. I'm glad I got a partner who chose me for being a good match (good looks, matching character, about her age etc.) . Plenty of Thai are like this. If not, find a (middleclass) lady who choses you for who you are and not for some silly reason such as the size of your wallet, colour of you skin or other such reasons. If the girl acts like a spoiled brad, well there are plenty of fish out there.

Edit: girls who say that they always wanted/prefer farang, girls that talk about how her friends partners pay all expenses or buy them a lot of things, girls who do not buy presents in return or pay atleast some bills etc. means one thing: Runnnnn like help and find some one who choses you for who you are and who believes that as a couple you both need to contribute your fair share in all ways (money, taking care etc.).

Edited by Donutz
  • Like 1

The OP seems to have gone back to fantasyland so clearly his pikey earnings won't ever stretch to taking a woman to Europe the poor fool

Best post by far. I wouldn't consider a Thai companion if I couldn't afford the massive bills involved.

Certainly not the girl next door. Distance costs serious money.

Holiday romances have a place.

Hello

no you are doing the wright thing

dont pay !

u wil never see her -she wil probably handle the money to her BF- as 90 % of them have behind- but deny

Now she dont wanna come ? no sure not shes not interested

and a good advise : If you dont want a GF who ask for financial support- then DONT take a thai !

this is what all of them want-

forget all that crap with a life in paradise with my thai wife and my new " family"

you are tolerated but never a member of the family..

they only want to take advantage on you - the whole family

beleive me !

• Like 1

Hello

dont pay !

u wil never see her -she wil probably handle the money to her BF- as 90 % of them have behind- but deny

and a good advise : If you dont want a GF who ask for financial support- then DONT take a thai !

forget all that crap with a life in paradise with my thai wife and my new " family"

beleive me !

I can certainly see why they did it to you

Hello

dont pay !

beleive me !

You've been stung. Soz.

• Like 1

OP, you're being unreasonable, or at the very least, naive and inexperienced with the cultural dynamics. She wants to accompany it - it's what is expected of her, but you should be aware of her economic realities. While she might be able to afford the flight, can she also afford to pay for her room, utilities, etc... while gone, and her expenses while abroad?

Suggest you either bite the bullet and pay for her ticket, or come to an arrangement of suggesting you pay for her local expenses (room) while gone, and she pays for her flight, or suggest you 'help' her with her travel expenses.

bros something is wrong here...if you want to take your partner to europe it is not just the flight...you have to proof for her....medical insurance....place to stay...reason to come back...otherwise no visa...

and to the young chap: kee nieaw...

Never thought of that but you are 100% sure, last august when we went to Holland needed to get medical insurance and someone needed to guarantee cost of staying.

You have to arrange that all before leaving, however it could be that the guy was still in the planning stage.

!st time my Wife came she also needed a letter from my parents asking her to come

Not sure here.. i mean i also have shared cost with the gf. However a trip to Europe would be fun for you and if she is doing it just for you then why should she pay. You want her to visit Europe and such. I know that I always pay for tickets, its not her fault my family lives in Europe.

No it was actually her suggestion - she wants to come because she's always wanted to see Europe.

I wouldn't personally mind just coming to Thailand instead for the holidays, but of course a trip to Europe with her would be fun.

She is using her friends as comparisons, who have +10 year old farang boyfriends with big incomes who of course pay for their trips. However I'm still a student and living on a similar budget as herself, but in a country where most things are twice as expensive as in Thailand. And someone said about not getting paid for holidays.. it will be paid annual leave combined with public holidays for her so she is indeed getting paid.

That's a red alert right there. She's already playing "keep up with the Joneses" on you.

That's a good enough reason to finish with her.

Realistically this relationship will not last long anyway. Long distance relationships don't work well and you've got an education to finish, which could be put in jeopardy by this relationship... and you've chosen a woman from a culture you barely understand. It may seem exciting to you to be dating a Thai girl right now, but once you understand them better that will soon fade.

Why not find a nice girl back at home and make all your mistakes there where they don't cost so much? Thailand is not going anywhere and will always be producing cute young girls for you to date in case you fail back at home.

If you get her to Europe she may leave you and find someone with money... which will be very easy for her if she's half decent looking. Youth and good looks are not as important to Thai ladies as you may think. They want financial security first...then it's time to play. Why else was she trying to find a relationship with a foreigner in the first place (assuming you met on the Internet)?

So there you go...instead of advising you on whether or not to buy a ticket I'm suggesting you walk away.smile.png

Edited by tropo

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The OP seems to have gone back to fantasyland so clearly his pikey earnings won't ever stretch to taking a woman to Europe the poor fool

Not all of us are so ugly they need to pay for pussy. It was her who wanted to Europe in the first place, not me inviting her. She's a traveler and that's the only continent she hasn't yet visited. I'd prefer to come to Thailand for my holidays anyway..

First of all, speaking as an American female, I do let the man pay... For just about everything. When we go to dinner, movies, and vacations. It's not because I'm a gold digger or don't have my own money, it's because that's the old fashioned way, and I'm not a submissive woman who caters to men. They can pursue and court ME until the day I'm married. Now this may be a Thai female you are talking about, but let's clear some things up. Men pay for women. Grow a pair and man up. Personally, there have been times that I've been dating a man who couldn't pay for trips, and because he was genuinely unable, I'd chip in financially, but honey please.... If this woman is coming to see YOU, be a man and get a part time job to pay for half at least. I'm what bizarro world would you expect a woman to pay her own way just to see you? Maybe if you were incapacitated in a hospital... Which you aren't. So get off your lazy bum and earn your share. Poor girl. Why would she date a little boy?

So you mean you are like a modern day prostitute? "Earn my share"? so she can have a fun trip to Europe she's always wanted? You do indeed sound like a prostitute.

• Like 1

No, it's not.

Why not find a nice girl back at home and make all your mistakes there where they don't cost so much?

Divorces cost a LOT more in Europe than they do with a Thai girl.

No, it's not.

Why not find a nice girl back at home and make all your mistakes there where they don't cost so much?

Divorces cost a LOT more in Europe than they do with a Thai girl.

I don't think you've thought it through Mr Duck. If the young Thai girl is already making comparisons with other girls who have more generous support in an effort to shame the OP into buying her ticket, that's not a good sign.

And really, who's talking about marriage and divorce? That's a bit extreme...He's in his 20's at school.

Edited by tropo

Honestly, a ticket to Europe is the equivalent of a few months' salary for many Thais, and yes, even for ones with "good" office jobs in BKK. I know some very wealthy Thai business people who make trips around Asia, Europe and North America, usually a mixture of business and pleasure. But those people run their own companies (usually more than one). When students go abroad, it is usually on a scholarship or it is backed by the entire extended family unless the family is loaded.

Regular workers like an office worker in her 20s or 30s are still looking at pretty low salaries and just won't have the money. What is she making? Like 15-30 thousand baht a month or so? You would be surprised how low those salaries often are.

Get used to it.

Whatever reason you came to Thailand, don't come again now that you do not want to support a girlfriend! Thailand is not the west so unless you do not want to support stay in the west! Love here starts and ends with money if you do not have the money do not start! If she wants a guy with no money like you she might as well stay home with her own kind.

• Like 1