Transferring Money in Thailand

Hello all,

simple question I think; me & the wife are in the UK; she needs to transfer funds from a SCB account to a Bangkok Bank; easy enough I though using Easynet or whatever SCB call it; but the OTP is set to a telephone from over 5 years ago.

Can we just call SCB's call centre & ask them to transfer the cash (with fee) or do we have to go into the SCB opening branch & do it there which obviously won't happen as we are in the UK; we've tried to change it using the call centre but they won't do it.

ideas, suggestions, all welcome...

I know that at Bangkok Bank you must go into a branch with proper ID and submit/sign a form to update your mobile phone number....no can do over the phone. Takes around 3 to 5 business days for the change to take affect.

We rang SCB before and was told she'd have to return home, just seems a bit extreme for a bank transfer. They were more interested on pushing her online I think.

I thought the SWIFT payment was for international payments only, not for internal country bank payments?

So you can't just call the bank & ask them to transfer money after completing security checks? what did people do before internet banking?

Rules change for various reasons....technology changes (ie., like ibanking & ATMs coming into use), increase in fraudulent transactions, law/regulation changes, etc. And of course, different banks can have different rules. Before ibanking people pretty much went to the bank to accomplish the transfer unless maybe they had a bank which allowed telephonic or fax transfers once you had the required approvals/docs on file with them.