Clarify my 2 months overstay before start the new job

First of all happy new year to all thaivisa members.I am an european holder passport that lived and worked in Thailand from 2003.My last job was on a non b visa issued in Vientiane.I always be legal here,avoid problems.....but you never know what's in the future,and things happens when less you aspect it.My last company which i worked for,close the activity,so we were all unemployed....in the same time my 7 years old boy were hospiyalized for a liver problem....i live alone with him(i left the mother when i found she played huge sum of(my)money at cards....)and even i no have more relatives that can help me with my hospital bill or even help me take a look of my son for the time he was in hospital.So,when my visa finish on 19th of October,i just went to the immigration and get the 7 days extension....after that i didnt do nothing more....i so sorry....but i have so many things in my mind that i choose to stay with my son,save money and time for him.In all those month,with him getting better,i tried to find any kind of job that can help me expecially to start again save money for him.Now i find the job yesterday...a very good and well paied job,but i am so scared to lose it as my overstay situation.I have to start on 15 January,and before give the company my passport i would lile to clarify my position.....is possible to do that without leaving the country?

I want say thank you for any advice and for all of you that takes your time to read and anser to me.

It would be best if you leave Thailand by airand pay your 20000 baht overstay fine upon leaving. You can then reenter using a 30 visa exempt entry and go from there with a clean slate.

IMHO, You won't be able to clear it without leaving and handing your prospective employer a passport with the overstay wouldn't be good!

Yes Wayned,thats what scaring me:losing the job even before the start for my overstay situation.I am looking for someone staying after my child....so i can leave and back.Thanks for your precious advice

Not sure how an agency can get your overstay cleared. You cannot clear an overstay unless you can apply for an extension of stay or when leaving the country.

I am would be concerned about fake stamps. If you use them be sure you get an official receipt from immigration.

Thanks Ubonjoe.....as my financial situation is not so good as my boy need expensive treatment,i can be sure that i cannot afford a flight ticket at the moment.Which solution i have,instead flight out?

About the agency i just take my boy for a walk and see 3/4 of them that promote their capability to clear any type or long overstay.

You can do it at some border crossings but there is the risk of getting caught on the way there with an overstays.

You could do the crossing at Nong Kai and then get a single entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai at the embassy in Vientiane.

Thanks Ubonjoe....i will choose Savannaket instead of Nong Kai,nearest my place of living

And yes,i am conscious about the risk to be cauht on my way

So,can you help me figure out the total for doing one entry visa,inc.the 20.000 baht fine?

Savannakhet does visas on the same day you apply now. Apply by 11 am and get your passport back at 3:30 pm.

The Lao visa on arrival will cost $30 to $42 dependent upon where you are from or 1500 baht.

The single entry non-o will cost 2000 baht.

I will use this Sunday a well know local agency,also mentioned a lot of time on thaivisa,that will charge me 34.000 baht:

-20.000 baht for the overstay

-5000 as "tip"to the immigration in Nong Kai as i am near the 3 months overstay

-9000 all inclusive

And finally i will able to work again.

I will use this Sunday a well know local agency,also mentioned a lot of time on thaivisa,that will charge me 34.000 baht:

-9000 all inclusive

That is a lot of wasted money for something you can do yourself and you will not even have a visa after it done.

There is not need for a tip to immigration. There is no difference between a 10 day overstay and the one you have now. There is no 3 month rule.

Ubonjoe you are completely right.....but the 5000 baht more is to not get problem at nong kai border(the agency already call there for let them know)

And most important there is not risk to be caught during the trip..........

I know i can do by myself for less 10.000 baht,also without going Vientiane....but what can i do otherwise?

Ian. Just listen to Ubonjoe. Don't waste your money .. many, many people have done the same thing with no problems. The fact is using an agency for this might actually cause more problems!

PS : when you say you will not get caught going there. What do you mean?

Edited by casualbiker

The fact is using an agency for this might actually cause more problems?

Why should cause my problem..As i understood they had already fixed my situation even before getting there....just believe in God,that in Thailand is related to money.

Edited by Ian1980

The fact is using an agency for this might actually cause more problems?

Why should cause my problem..As i understood they had already fixed my situation even before getting there....just believe in God,that in Thailand is related to money.

Because once you pay a bribe, your in the system. Also what exactly have they "fixed". Overstay is not a problem as long as you don't get caught before the border.. not much chance of that, unless you advertise the fact that your on overstay.

But anyway if your happy giving someone 5,000b for nothing .. it's up to you. Have you ever thought THAT 5,000b could have got you an airline ticket to Vientiane!

• Like 1

-9000 all inclusive

That is a lot of wasted money for something you can do yourself and you will not even have a visa after it done.

There is not need for a tip to immigration. There is no difference between a 10 day overstay and the one you have now. There is no 3 month rule.

"...you will not even have a visa after it done."

Yes, if the agency does actually legally "clear" the overstay and you don't get a new visa or visa exempt entry, you're still going to be in Thailand illegally.

Is the agency getting you a visa and entry stamp as well? Unless you have a new visa entry stamp and permission to stay, you'll be starting a new overstay.

All yours warning now let me think if i do the right choice to go after the service of that agency.

I went to them(otherwise is not in the city i am)as is advertise also here

I went to them as the good feedback

I listen them speak to thai immigration here and there in Nong Kai where they told to "pay the tip"(or to be scammed)of 5000 for get in Laos and clarify my situation without further problems

i was clarify more than once that in Laos i have to take care only at my expenses.In the 9000 baht bills is included the trip by minivan,the night in Vientiane,Laos fees and visa fees.

For me 5000 baht are like 5.000.0000 baht in the situation my boy is,but what i need is to be sure i can get there,get the visa,and on 15th start work for get him out of his problem.

Hope all will be ok.

Aside from the fact that you have been legal for a long period of time then did a major overstay I have no sympathy for you

Since your son was in the hospital you could have very very easly gotten a medical Visa extention without any problem

I have found that for whatever reason people give for an overstay there would have been a solution if they just took

time and did their homework and gotten a proper extension

Aside from the fact that you have been legal for a long period of time then did a major overstay I have no sympathy for you

Since your son was in the hospital you could have very very easly gotten a medical Visa extention without any problem

I have found that for whatever reason people give for an overstay there would have been a solution if they just took

time and did their homework and gotten a proper extension

To be fair to the OP. He is a single father whose son was sick and he had lost his job. It can be very difficult trying to balance everything with that sort of pressure. I would hope that he has learned a lesson from it though and if it occurred again (let's hope not) that he now knows what's available!

Op. Good luck I hope things balance out for the best.

I know i am in error and i made mistake without acting to sort out my situation at the right time.

And i no want take the situation of my young boy as excuse.

I just hope realenglish1 that you will never to prove on yourself what i went trought,losing a job and few days after getting know that your only son has a severe liver problem,that can take him to the end if not taking care with the right medication.

I am happy cause i find this job

I am happy cause my boy is getting well

I am happy cause i finish my money not for beers or ladies or hangover all days,but for save his life

I unhappy cause i find that real friends,when you need,turns themself in completely strangers

I unhappy cause i cannot call my mother or my fatherm,has they already dead

i unhappy cause i call the mother of my son to get her know the situation and the only answer was:"Is your son"

Ubonjoe i will go there with all the papers from the new company and apply for a 3 month non b visa.

You will need more than papers from the company. A work permit application approval letter from the Labor Ministry will also be needed.

Ubonjoe i will go there with all the papers from the new company and apply for a 3 month non b visa.

You will need more than papers from the company. A work permit application approval letter from the Labor Ministry will also be needed.

I hope they will provide Ubonjoe.......

I hope they will provide Ubonjoe.......

Have you already applied for a work permit? As far as I'm aware it needs paperwork from your new company, application forms signed by you and photos .. if you have done that then good. If not then a phone call to the agency is needed! Listen to Ubonjoe and ask the questions of the agency. Don't just hope for the best!

if he has a Thai son and the child is in the hospital there should be more help than this, contact a immigration attorney and tell him your situation I would hope there maybe some paper work you could bring to a local immigration office. Give a lawyer a call.

Casualbiker the agency just provide the fees for the trip,overstay and 3 monts non b visa.Today i will collect the papers from the hotel and will go to check with the local agency

Thank you for your clarification.