Pattaya robbers crash Russian tourists' romantic evening

webfact

Dannyboy666, on 09 Jan 2015 - 07:22, said:
ATF, on 09 Jan 2015 - 06:29, said:

It's probably the quietest place in the Central Pattaya area a few vey good restaurants but it's basically not policed and there are a lot of construction worker camps around there.

Some nice hotels down on the beach front where you can dine outside with great views.

Central, I don't think so...

Pattaya is a very big place it's not just Walking Street. Try crossing Sukhumvit sometime.

Pattaya proper is a small place. I don't regard the other side of Suk to be part of Pattaya, nor Jomtiem, nor Naklua.

It is a deep embarrassment that a young couple cannot sit and enjoy each other's company on holiday without being attacked.

If the Pattaya Police volunteers know the area to be unsafe, I suggest they patrol more frequently and maybe even have a permanent presence. Shame on Pattaya.

"Shame on Pattaya"....What are you banging on about? Its a Helicopter pad . Its reserved for helicopters, why would you want police to be permanently present there? Using that logic you would want a BIB in every poorly lit patch of land surrounding Pattaya searching for Stoopid Russians .

Edited by mcfish
  • Like 1

mcfish, on 09 Jan 2015 - 09:04, said:

"Shame on Pattaya"....What are you banging on about? Its a Helicopter pad . Its reserved for helicopters, why would you want police to be permanently present there? Using that logic you would want a BIB in every poorly lit patch of land surrounding Pattaya searching for Stoopid Russians .

Come on be fair they were just a couple of kids out drinking a bottle of wine and not bothering anyone.

Whether cops are around or not these scumbags should have enough sense to leave tourists alone and go rob a Thai if they need money so bad.

mcfish, on 09 Jan 2015 - 09:04, said:

Come on be fair they were just a couple of kids out drinking a bottle of wine and not bothering anyone.

Whether cops are around or not these scumbags should have enough sense to leave tourists alone and go rob a Thai if they need money so bad.

"these scumbags should have enough sense to leave tourists alone and go rob a Thai if they need money so bad."

Thats logic is flawed.

• Like 2

Romantic setting must have a different meaning for Russians. Their so called table is an overturned tub used for mixing cement. Their wine looks like Chinese made champagne (200 thb at Tesco/Lotus). But the rose and glasses taken from their hotel room is a nice touch.

post-215609-14207745015711_thumb.jpg

Russian tourists in Thailand feel physically superior to the local 'midget' populace and therefore are not concerned about possible assaults even at night. Ruskies are also known for their arrogance and valiant disregard for safety. I can imagine that instead of just peacefully giving their money and valuables to the assailants and avoiding any physical harm they instead started fighting them. Will they ever learn?

Certainly tragic, but I wonder how much sympathy the couple would have if that same happened to two Thai tourists were drinking in a dimly lit area and continued to do so after being warned?

A certain degree of street-smarts (common sense?) seems to escape people when they travel.

Have their stuff stolen sucks, but it's good to know that they weren't injured more seriously.

Pretty sad when a couple not bothering anyone is attacked for no reason and robbed. LOSO Thais strike again and even if these brain dead zombies are caught they will be fined 500 baht or so and let go. This country is going to the dogs due to the corrupt Police and retarded locals

You're so right.......as if it is important WHERE those people want to be romantic, WHAT the table looks like, HOW the Chinese wine tastes..........people should try to respect themselves and respect others accordingly.

Romantic setting must have a different meaning for Russians. Their so called table is an overturned tub used for mixing cement. Their wine looks like Chinese made champagne (200 thb at Tesco/Lotus). But the rose and glasses taken from their hotel room is a nice touch.

the quality tourists to Thailand have finally arrived......

From my experience, if you do stupid things in Pattaya you will get punished. Drinking in the middle of the night in an unprotected, dark area is stupid. Pay the prize!

Why do they have different names if they are a "couple" and referred to as the "wife"?

Sucks for them for thinking they can choose a remote location for a romantic night (scoring) especially being warned by local authorities... How juvenile is that.

A helipad heh? So wouldn't that be gated or a highly restricted area under cctv surveillance?

A helipad heh? So wouldn't that be gated or a highly restricted area under cctv surveillance?

Only if its military. You have to remember pre 9/11 the real world was pretty relaxed about Non commercial airports and heli pads and we are talking Thailand , the wild west so it will be many years before it becomes Americanized in that regard ---thank goodness

Nothing smacks of true romance like an upturned cement mixing bin, a plastic rose in a cheap vase ,I mean 'bouquet'; and a rooftop bevvy on the roof of a dirty building in stinking god awful Pattaya.

Surely there's a movie in this 'love for the ages' story?

Maybe they were a young couple, and in love?

This kind of stuff was romantic for me at 21, still is actually, minus the violence.

Pattaya proper is a small place. I don't regard the other side of Suk to be part of Pattaya, nor Jomtiem, nor Naklua.

It is a deep embarrassment that a young couple cannot sit and enjoy each other's company on holiday without being attacked.

If the Pattaya Police volunteers know the area to be unsafe, I suggest they patrol more frequently and maybe even have a permanent presence. Shame on Pattaya.

They were not on top of the Bangkok Hospital, Pattaya.

I want the police to be anywhere crime is very likely to occur, and in this case that is exactly where it happened.

Sitting in their office or in a hotel lobby watching TV is not it.

And we are taking about IN IN IN Pattaya, rather tediously.

From my experience, if you do stupid things in Pattaya you will get punished. Drinking in the middle of the night in an unprotected, dark area is stupid. Pay the prize!

You mean like buying an overpriced condo and not being able to shift it? Sometimes it would be better to put your foot in your mouth, than to say what you are thinking.

• Like 1

I have taken many a Russian date up there over the years. In fact it is a relatively romantic spot. We've taken even cheaper drinks up there..as that is what the girl wanted. Not many young people actually like Champagne. That's just for show. Better to enjoy something that you like. I might have just a carton of juice.

One can go to the Viewpoint, but there may be someone sleeping on a bench and varied bottles and rubbish on the ground. Not at all romantic.

So I can understand them and am disappointed that such a thing occurred to them.

The same idiots would be slagging them off if they took expensive Champagne with them. Idiots are just that.

The whole of Pattaya is just downmarket. No matter how they try to dress it up....it's just a hole. So going on about cheap tourists is just a joke.

• Like 1

Why do they have different names if they are a "couple" and referred to as the "wife"?

Sucks for them for thinking they can choose a remote location for a romantic night (scoring) especially being warned by local authorities... How juvenile is that.

Not every Women takes on the husbands name my wifes name is different to mine as well