The Ashes

Donz

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

England are quoted at 6/1 to win the second test. I believe that is excellent value.

With the second test beginning on the 1st December in Adelaide, I think England can scrape a win to equal the series.

7/1 at premierbet.com

I have just stuck on 20 quid...

I'd go for a draw, when we learn to pick our shots better and pick a team a team who can bowl their top order out then thats the time to be thinking of victory.

Where's siam?

:o:D:D

I think all us 'poms' are gonna need a huge sense of humour these next few weeks.

But don't forget, if it passes that we do lose, we will take it like grown men, not like the Aussies toddlers when they lose.

well you have had plenty of practice havent you Poms.... :D

:D

Does anyone SERIOUSLY think England have a chance of winning the 2nd test??!!My guess is they will struggle to win any of the tests as they are(imho)weaker in every department and it was going to be always a case of them having to play 100%to their strengths and any less as just witnessed would prove to be woefully inadequate.Harminson looks badly out of any sort of form and the Ashes is not a place to rediscover this.I also think the opening partnership for England is a huge problem and when MS went home this caused a nightmare problem.All said though i wish England luck and i really would love to see them regain the Ashes but realisticly...COME ON!!!!!!!

30/11/2006 - http://www.croquet.org.uk/

Just thought you guys might like to know. Great Britain are currently stuffing Australia 6-0 at Croquet :o

GB swept the doubles again at Shepparton to take a commanding 6-0 lead against hosts Australia in the deciding test for the 2006 MacRobertson Shield.

Pride of place goes to The Beast as he and Mark Avery beat Ian Demergue and Harley Watts +1otp in the decider. Dave ran two long angled hoops to start the winning three ball break from hoop 2 after Ian Demergue, with Australia for peg and peg, had inexplicably laid up in corners III and IV with a lift pending, rather than peg one ball out. Dave pegging one opponent ball out at the end for good measure.

Just thought you guys might like to know. Great Britain are currently stuffing Australia 6-0 at Croquet :D

GB swept the doubles again at Shepparton to take a commanding 6-0 lead against hosts Australia in the deciding test for the 2006 MacRobertson Shield.

Pride of place goes to The Beast as he and Mark Avery beat Ian Demergue and Harley Watts +1otp in the decider. Dave ran two long angled hoops to start the winning three ball break from hoop 2 after Ian Demergue, with Australia for peg and peg, had inexplicably laid up in corners III and IV with a lift pending, rather than peg one ball out. Dave pegging one opponent ball out at the end for good measure.

The Beast always brings out his best game when playing Australia, and if Dave Avery continues to pot those arsey long angled hoops the Quokkaroos are up shit creek.

Ian (Demented) Demergue has a history of laying up instead of going for the big hole. When he loses it it his game goes to water. He's been know to snap mallets when the black mist descends!

:D:o

Just thought you guys might like to know. Great Britain are currently stuffing Australia 6-0 at Croquet :D

W T F ?.......... :D In the wise words of Chopper Reid, any sport that you have to go to and barrack for your grandparents isnt a blo-ody sport. :D:o

Not a bad start for England today. Two early wickets down and it could have turned to custard quickly, but they rallied and finished 260ish for 3 with two Collingwood and Pietersen well established together, and Warne being hammered all around the park.

England's day, I suspect.

SECOND TEST, DAY ONE (CLOSE):

Australia v England 266-3

Paul Collingwood neared a century and Kevin Pietersen added a bright fifty as England ended day one of the second Ashes Test strongly in Adelaide.

By stumps England, who won the toss, were 266-3, with Collingwood unbeaten on 98 and Pietersen 60 not out.

Collingwood came in with the tourists 45-2 and joined Ian Bell (60) to put on 113 in 40 overs for the fourth wicket.

Pietersen pulled Lee for four second ball and lofted Shane Warne for six to lift the run rate late in the day.

Source: BBC

My 20 quid at 7-1 is now looking brighter!

Good bowling and dogged english batting....must be pretty dire to watch tho.

What say u Lampard ?

Fraid I'm basking in luxury in Hotel suite on the banks of the Mehkong. Wallet got too full after the Elephant festival, so I'm releasing some of the Baht back into the wild. My customers back in the rub-a-dub, are watching intently though. At least I can keep an eye on them through the web-cam :o

Please help me fella's...................what's the cricket latest. I'm stuck in the back of beyond, my lap-top can only get thai visa, and there's nothing on this thread about how we are doing. I take it from the last posting that we are not doing too bad, but something tells me from the silence of the Ozzie Gob-shites, there's more to it than that. Did we bat out day 2? did we get 450? Obviously if we did something like that that is the reason for the silence. That is to be expected though. You know the Australians are good at giving it, but when the boot is on the other foot..................................well.

Where are you Braggard Broncs, Old Fart, Soi Crawler, Dozy Donz, Mighty Mouth? Come on lads ...........give us a clue. :o

Please help me fella's...................what's the cricket latest. I'm stuck in the back of beyond, my lap-top can only get thai visa, and there's nothing on this thread about how we are doing. I take it from the last posting that we are not doing too bad, but something tells me from the silence of the Ozzie Gob-shites, there's more to it than that. Did we bat out day 2? did we get 450? Obviously if we did something like that that is the reason for the silence. That is to be expected though. You know the Australians are good at giving it, but when the boot is on the other foot..................................well.

Where are you Braggard Broncs, Old Fart, Soi Crawler, Dozy Donz, Mighty Mouth? Come on lads ...........give us a clue. :D

poms batted magnificently, 2 days for 551 runs that equates to about 91 runs a session :o

poms batted magnificently, 2 days for 551 runs that equates to about 91 runs a session :o

Well with Warney bowling around the wicket and pitching it outside leg-stump all the time to KP, it was no wonder runs were difficult. At least the Aussie commentators on Channel 9 had the decency to recognise that it wasn't England's fault and the umpires should start calling wides. :D:D

Aussies 3/65 as I write now... :D