Reevu FSX1 rear view motorbike helmet

CMMCB

I was lucky enough to win one of these helmets in the UK and have just bought a CRF250L here to go with it (after years of Honda Dream riding and car driving). Found a couple of archived threads, but nothing at all current so thought I'd add my (brief, novice) experience as most posters seemed not to have any direct experience of it.

Got the white, size L, modular/flip-up. Good comfortable fit, seems like very good quality construction and finishing, with plenty of ventilation, but I've never owned another high quality helmet to really compare it with. All-in-one detachable interior padding but also extra cheek/ear? pads and a zip-off neck liner.

The key selling point is the rear view mirror, of course, with optics and rear window to allow a view behind. It does take some time to get it adjusted to the right height and angle, and then some more time to start getting used to glancing up to use it, but it's more for peripheral vision awareness of what's happening behind you, rather than extended looks at the passing scenery. For newer riders changing over from cars, it shouldn't be too difficult to get used to - I often found myself looking up for a rear-view mirror on my Honda Dream if I'd been mostly in the car recently! Some commentators have mentioned that it's not so useful for sport-bike riders when they're leaning forwards, or for riding two up (unless you want to be sure your pillion is still there, or s/he's particularly good to look at) but for a dual sport bike it's great.

The helmet comes with only a clear visor, so for daytime Thailand riding I just bought a silvered visor for it from Reevu Thailand, via their Facebook page, and am very happy with their service and prices. Bt.1,500 including EMS postage from Bangkok to Chiangmai - similar to UK and US pricing. Richie seems very helpful and FB messages in good clear English.

If anyone in Chiangmai wants a look at it, send me a PM.

Ride safely!

• Like 1

Cool, thanks for the info.

I might be wrong, but I think tinted & mirror visors are illegal here.

It's a good excuse for a cop to make money off you.

Although my helmet has an integrated one and I have never been pulled over for it.

Do any other new bike riders also try to fasten their seatbelt before setting off sometimes? Or is it just me?!

Aren't they also the one's that say that they 'drive' a motorcycle

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

• Like 1