withhold number on android?

dragonfly94

It's a feature of AIS and not Android. You have to enable it if you want to use it. Cost is 30 Baht/mo.

See Private Number Service

Note: Private Number Service is not available for calling to other networks, landline numbers or special numbers. So it may not work for calling to the UK. You'll have to check with AIS, Telewiz, or call 1175 to make sure.

Edited by BB1950
  • Like 2

It's a feature of AIS and not Android. You have to enable it if you want to use it. Cost is 30 Baht/mo.

On one side I like your post, because its the first time I see that such a feature is availble from the Thai mobile network.

On the other hand I think it will not serve the thread starter.

Seems to be limited to domestic usage and even limited to AIS to AIS calls?

• Private Number Service is available only for AIS numbers within AIS network.
  • Private Number Service *515 is not available for calling to other networks, landline numbers or special numbers. This Service will show the incoming numbers.

Private Number Service is available for domestic usage only.

Quite impudent to cash in 30 Baht for such a feature wink.png

In general it is still not possible to withhold the number by a setting on the mobile phone as it is possible in many countries.

The setting is still ignored.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

On one side I like your post, because its the first time I see that such a feature is availble from the Thai mobile network.

On the other hand I think it will not serve the thread starter.

Seems to be limited to domestic usage and even limited to AIS to AIS calls?

• Private Number Service is available only for AIS numbers within AIS network.
  • Private Number Service *515 is not available for calling to other networks, landline numbers or special numbers. This Service will show the incoming numbers.

Private Number Service is available for domestic usage only.

Quite impudent to cash in 30 Baht for such a feature wink.png

In general it is still not possible to withhold the number by a setting on the mobile phone as it is possible in many countries.

The setting is still ignored.

You are so correct Sir! wai.gif

If it is really important to not reveal your normal number, just get a B300 old style phone and a B50 sim and use that for your UK calls...toss sim when done.

won't work if the OP doesn't want someone to know he is in Thailand... IE doesn't want his wife to know that he is in Pattaya chasing tail instead of at a business meeting in Singapore like he told her.

• Like 1