How Much Do You Trust Your Partner?

Costas2008

The question should be asked. Not how much you trust your partner. But where did you meet your partner. If you met her in a bar or massage shop your chances of it lasting and not getting taken to the cleaners are about nil. Would you trust a hooker back in your home country ? Can you understand or speak Thai? If not you are only asking for trouble. Be honest. I am curious how many here would tell the truth.

Edited by Jungle Jim
  • Like 2

wow ! Where did you meet her ?

trust her not to steal my house ...... 0%

trust her not to have sex with someone else ...... 0%

trust her not to steal from my wallet ...... 0%

She's a great s&%g though!

She is a judge in Family court.

• Like 1

I trust the girl that I am with and it's hard to be 100% , I try to be realistic because it could all come crashing down at any time for whatever reason which is why I just try to keep it casual in a sense. I'm happy with no worries and concerns because I'm not totally wrapped up in the relationship so much to where I lose my self identity if you know what I mean. If it she should cheat on me for whatever reason, it wouldn't be a drastic change for me to be on my own once again. I'm not married and I will keep it that way because there is nothing on the line, if she cheats , she leaves empty handed, if we were married than it would be a different story, it would be much harder to be casual when you stand to lose out. In a perfect world it would be nice to have total trust in a relationship but this is Thailand and changing partners is so easy and there is so much temptation around us. I've been in a relationship where I had very little trust and I didn't enjoy the relationship at all, I felt like I was on borrowed time with her. It was my first and last mistake at thinking I could convert a bar girl into a girl friend. Doomed right from the beginning.

• Like 2

You seem to believe that because you've made horrible life choices that everyone else has too. wink.png

I made entirely normal life choices, same as everyone else.

You are just a bit naive, about relationships.

Some of us learn from life. Some don't.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

• Like 1

trust her not to steal my house ...... 0%

trust her not to have sex with someone else ...... 0%

trust her not to steal from my wallet ...... 0%

She's a great s&%g though!

And in spite of the situation you manage to control your blood pressure ! Congratulation clap2.gif

• Like 1

Well at least you learn something. Don,t get involved with a bar girl , a massage girl or one that had a foreigner before. If your that dumb or hard up you deserve what you get.

I trust the girl that I am with and it's hard to be 100% , I try to be realistic because it could all come crashing down at any time for whatever reason which is why I just try to keep it casual in a sense. I'm happy with no worries and concerns because I'm not totally wrapped up in the relationship so much to where I lose my self identity if you know what I mean. If it she should cheat on me for whatever reason, it wouldn't be a drastic change for me to be on my own once again. I'm not married and I will keep it that way because there is nothing on the line, if she cheats , she leaves empty handed, if we were married than it would be a different story, it would be much harder to be casual when you stand to lose out. In a perfect world it would be nice to have total trust in a relationship but this is Thailand and changing partners is so easy and there is so much temptation around us. I've been in a relationship where I had very little trust and I didn't enjoy the relationship at all, I felt like I was on borrowed time with her. It was my first and last mistake at thinking I could convert a bar girl into a girl friend. Doomed right from the beginning.

• Like 1

implicitly or she wouldn't be my partner... sounds to me like you shouldn't be with yours.. or are you having a sly Thai bash? Because any woman in the world can do the same things that so many Thai women get unreasonably accused of on forums such as thesecoffee1.gif

Simple for me really Costas.

100% trust , both me to her and her to me. Been like that the 10 years weve been together.

Ditto in everything.

I agree with N47HAN and Crossy 100%.

I have known my wife 21 years and been married to her for 16 years this April.

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif Congratulations. Just wish there were more posts like this but I believe those that are happy don't bother screaming it from the mountaintop unlike the so many "boo hoo Thai girl done me bad stories" that people love to trot out. Truth is there is no data that states a relationship between a Thai and a foreigner has any less chance than any other relationship in the world it's just all bar stool BS perpetrated by clowns that want relationships with hookers and didn't go in with both eyes open.

• Like 2

Costas are you sure you're not seeking advice for something that has happened, and not something that may happen?

I'm not seeking any advice here.

I have been burned from my ex-wife, not Thai but British and I always have my guard up with my Thai wife.

As AOA said;

Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice, shame on me.

For the past 7 years, I have enjoyed my life with her and I can say that I adore her.

But situations can change, as many posters said.

So nothing wrong of me having my eyes and ears on alert.

I wouldn't like to go through the same again in my life, so better be prepared than sorry.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Too many variables. If it's food prepared in the store, it'll differ from one Big C to another and it'll depend on who's preparing it. I doubt they have some country-wide uniform preparation guide for such things.

Thais don't tend to use a lot of table salt in cooking things, but it'll be present from fish sauce & other add-ons used in cooking & preservatives and they may use MSG & the cheapest cooking oils which could be another concern if you're worried about what you're actually consuming.

Simple for me really Costas.

100% trust , both me to her and her to me. Been like that the 10 years weve been together.

DONT TRUST ANYONE. And in particular a girl friend and her family. It's all about your money not you !!!

• Like 1

I don't wholly trust anyone, except my parents and brother

The question one needs to ask themselves if their spouse did the dirt on them could they start over pretty easily or do they have all their eggs in one basket

Plan for the worst and hope for the best has always been my motto

• Like 1