Your favorite church/group/bar/hang out, etc for socializing in Pats and why?

infinity11

There is suppose to be a non denominational service 10 am Sundays across from royal garden that sounds good to check out.

Friday sabbath near mecure/avenue not sure if that is still happening.

No regular Buddhist meetings I know of?

There used to be fruggle freddy once a week and more that might be reviving.

There are zillions of parties i see on the telly after the fact but i guess exclusive or by invite only?

Are these open or not or it depends? How do you find out in advance? PM me please.

There are some groups of 60 plus give or take that hang on beach road that may or may not be approachable, due to language or culture?

There are more bars, go-gos, clubs, that you can shake a stick at, but some too loud to talk, not necessarily a problem.

There is walking street where you can find anything or anyone you are looking for pretty much late at night.

I think Fridays and Sundays, game nights in Jomtien.

What's your favorite place to meet new people, and/or catch up with the old ones, chat (in English or Thai or what, please state) and why?

All Thai/ all Farang/ mix, whatever, please state too. (Don't forget to add the language you use and the place and why?)

Anything goes here so have at it, but please and god willing, don't break the rules or get the thread closed down.

Cheers and happy socializing.

Edited by infinity11

sois 6,7,and 8

They are quite social, from what I have been told

I dont know if its true ,more than likely just a rumour ,but i have heard that some women there actually sleep with men who go down there ,has anyone heard this before.?

sois 6,7,and 8

They are quite social, from what I have been told

I dont know if its true ,more than likely just a rumour ,but i have heard that some women there actually sleep with men who go down there ,has anyone heard this before.?

Surely not in Pattaya !!!

• Like 1

I think every nationality in Pattaya has their own place where they meet regularly. In Jomtien the Norwegian community is quite strong with bars, restaurants and even a church where Norwegians meet every Sunday. But I prefer mixing with other nationalities and Thais. You just have to find your group.

• Like 1

I came to Thailand to live with the Thais. Why hang with foreigners ? If i was that lonely i would just head back to my home country.

Couldn`t agree with you more. And as some posters state Jim, many a nice, warm, welcoming and entertaining Thais down the Sois of 6,7 & 8! haha

not the types i would want to hang with. besides the idiot foreigners toss stupid amounts of money at them. spoiled rotten and rude. their attitudes suck. not that i would ever want to take one home. no thanks.

I came to Thailand to live with the Thais. Why hang with foreigners ? If i was that lonely i would just head back to my home country.

Couldn`t agree with you more. And as some posters state Jim, many a nice, warm, welcoming and entertaining Thais down the Sois of 6,7 & 8! haha

not the types i would want to hang with. besides the idiot foreigners toss stupid amounts of money at them. spoiled rotten and rude. their attitudes suck. not that i would ever want to take one home. no thanks.

Drove down Soi 6 once and not the sort of place I`d spend any time in too but `hang with` ?? Surely `hang out` of would be more appropriate Jiim

The catholic church in our village banned me from going there until

i could prove i was a catholic,, my girl said "they want you bring paper"

as proof, so i thought what about my high school certificate from an

all boys Catholic school, then i thought no, stuff youze all i don't

need your hillbilly village church anyway,, i just went there to be seen

and for others to see me, but not anymore.

ps, later i hear the priest was fired for spending church money

on prostitutes, stuff youze all.

• Like 1

Never said it had to be farnag, thai ok, mix ok, more than half thai best!

Edited by infinity11