England.

redrus

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Aston Villa would give permission for O'Neil to speak to the FA if they decide to get shut of McClaren !! They had the chance to have him before they opted for this idiot so I think it's a calculated gamble by Villa that O'Neil will say naff orf :o

Paul is 33 years old and lives in England, one of the world's poorest sporting

countries. This once proud nation has fallen to un-imaginable lows, well

below anything that you or I could understand. Almost on a daily basis these

people refer to sporting achievements that occurred nearly forty years ago.

We cannot allow this to continue.

There are hundreds of thousands of people like Paul waiting to finally support

an England team that will win. If you want to help improve the life of a

person like Paul, please become an England Supporter Sponsor.

As an England Supporter Sponsor, you will receive a photo and details of the

poor unfortunate England supporter you are sponsoring. We are dedicated

to improving the quality of life of the world's poorest sporting nation.

When you sponsor an England Supporter, the effects of your kindness spread

across the whole community. You will provide life's essentials like a decent

cricket team, a basic Olympic team, a consistent soccer team, a netball team,

non choking tennis players, and a rugby team that can win the games that count.

However, this will not be a short process. Let's face it, most of us will be

dead before England have a team to be proud of, but we must try. You can start

sponsoring an England Supporter today by completing an application. If you do,

you will be linked with an England Supporter instantly. There are hundreds

of thousands of them out there suffering today more than we will ever know.

We'd like to link you with an England Supporter living near you so that they

can learn from your example. If you wish, you may specify a preference

to sponsor a cricket or a soccer supporter, as these are the ones in the

greatest need.

Please think about this request thoughtfully. Just remember all the great

sporting achievements you have witnessed in your life time. Many of these

England supporters cannot remember one, just the taste of bitter defeat.

This is your opportunity to make a difference in the world, please don't

ignore it.

I was both shocked and saddened by your plea and would very much like to help.

I do however think there is a way for football and cricket to somehow help each other.

I can sponsor a cricket bat to the football team so they can beat each other over the head with it, and sponsor a football for the cricket team so they have something they can easily hit.

rych

I just can't believe that there we are probaly not going to get to the finals. It's <deleted> disgusting and the FA NEVER hold their hands up and say "sorry, we made a mistake". Never mind sacking McClaren (as that is a given) sacking the whole of the FA should be the priority :o

Jobs for the boys MrBJ, always has been always will be. How many outspoken managers have we had? Cloughie never got the job because he would've exposed the lot of them years ago. Instead we still have people like Barwick, Brooking , Wilkinson calling the shots.

Oh so true

I didn't read the whole thread so someone has probably already said this.

I secretly hope we don't qualify just to prevent the remote possibility that the idiot that is McClaren isn't in charge for the world cup.

Cheers

I secretly hope we don't qualify just to prevent the remote possibility that the idiot that is McClaren isn't in charge for the world cup.

You have a very valid point Percy but i still can't bring myself to wanting us out of any top competition. Although it's looking VERY probable now :o

I just can't believe that there we are probaly not going to get to the finals. It's <deleted> disgusting and the FA NEVER hold their hands up and say "sorry, we made a mistake". Never mind sacking McClaren (as that is a given) sacking the whole of the FA should be the priority :o

Jobs for the boys MrBJ, always has been always will be. How many outspoken managers have we had? Cloughie never got the job because he would've exposed the lot of them years ago. Instead we still have people like Barwick, Brooking , Wilkinson calling the shots.

Oh so true

And there are many far worse than that, who you've never even heard of, but weild an mazing amount of power and get loads of freebies. FA a real gravy train for a few. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Keep the faith Mr b :D

England gifted lifeline by Israel

England earned a Euro 2008 qualifying reprieve with their fate again in their own hands after Group E rivals Russia dramatically lost 2-1 in Israel.

England are now two points ahead of Russia and need a draw against Croatia in their final qualifier on Wednesday to secure a Euro 2008 place.

Israel took the lead through Elyaniv Barda before Diniyar Bilyaletdinov levelled as Russia started to dominate.

Russia hit the post late on before Omer Golan netted a winner for Israel.

The goal would have been the cue for celebrations from England boss Steve McClaren and his players who were relying on Israel to do them a favour.

McClaren's job would also have been in jeopardy if Russia had won but his belief that the campaign would go into the Croatia game proved correct.

o.gif

There were plenty of England fans at the Ramat Gan stadium to cheer on Israel, while a strong Russian contingent were also evident to provide support for their team.

Russia started off nervously and went behind when Barda was slipped in on goal by a slide rule pass and he did the rest by dinking over on-rushing Russia keeper Vladimir Gabulov.

Israel had chance to add to their lead before Russia finally settled and grabbed an equaliser after the break when Bilyaletdinov fired after an Andrei Arshavin cross.

Russia grew in confidence and threat as the game progressed with England nerves jangling, especially when Sychez struck the outside of the post with a long range shot.

But the visitors were caught out on the break when Golan raced through to score.

The result meant that group leaders Croatia, who lost 2-0 in Macedonia, have qualified for Euro 2008.

That result also gives England the prospect of overtaking Croatia to finish top of the group depending on next Wednesday's scoreline.

But, while England were celebrating, Scotland suffered heartbreak :D as they were eliminated after a 2-1 loss to Italy, whose win secured their qualification from Group B along with France.

It certainly is papering over the cracks if we do qualify for Euro 2008 but I'm sure those of us who class themselves as true English supporters would rather be there than not :D .

Besides , anything is better than spending a summer playing Scotland , Wales , Rep of Ire and Northern Ireland :D .

I know it's a big "IF" but what if we win Euro 2008 ??? , will everyone still be demanding that McClaren gets the boot :o:D ( miracles can happen , Istanbul 2005 :D ).

Keep the faith Mr b :D

:D

Back in our hands :D

It certainly is papering over the cracks if we do qualify for Euro 2008 but I'm sure those of us who class themselves as true English supporters would rather be there than not :D .

Absolutely

I know it's a big "IF" but what if we win Euro 2008 ??? , will everyone still be demanding that McClaren gets the boot :o:D ( miracles can happen , Istanbul 2005 :D ).

If we do qualify, he should be getting the boot BEFORE we go. We will be there inspite of him not because of anything he has done.

Absolutely

If we do qualify, he should be getting the boot BEFORE we go. We will be there inspite of him not because of anything he has done.

I would like to see it but I seriously doubt that the FA would have the go-nads to sack McClaren if we qualify :D .

Absolutely

I know it's a big "IF" but what if we win Euro 2008 ??? , will everyone still be demanding that McClaren gets the boot :o:D ( miracles can happen , Istanbul 2005 :bah: ).

I would like to see it but I seriously doubt that the FA would have the go-nads to sack McClaren if we qualify :D .

As that decision would be too radical, too risky, too ambitious and too enlightened. And the FA remains a conservative organisation.

Hence, McClaren has 90 minutes to keep himself in employment ... :D but also ... :bah: .

And who that actually wants the job who could replace him ? 'Arry I suppose. :o

I would like to see it but I seriously doubt that the FA would have the go-nads to sack McClaren if we qualify.

I was never one to warm to McClaren, but I honesly think that after about eleven games he was beginning to come good - alright the Russia game was a blip - but I'm actually behind him now and with the big piece of luck, that he'll actually do us proud.

Ok, we'll not win the dam_n tournament - but even if the best manager on the planet was in charge, that still would be a step too far given the attitude and abilities of most England players.

Ok, we'll not win the dam_n tournament - but even if the best manager on the planet was in charge, that still would be a step too far given the attitude and abilities of most England players.

Yeah but at least we'll have something to look forward to next year. Hopefully :o:D

Yeah but at least we'll have something to look forward to next year. Hopefully :D:D

As I said some where else , it helps the boredom of no premiership football during the summer with the nice distraction of a Euro championship or World cup :D ( not that the scots would know :o )

Yeah but at least we'll have something to look forward to next year. Hopefully :D:D

As I said some where else , it helps the boredom of no premiership football during the summer with the nice distraction of a Euro championship or World cup :D ( not that the scots would know :o )

Chickens, eggs, hatch, count Scouse. Let's wait till Weds mate :D

Some words from the England camp after Russia's defeat and ahead of the game against Croatia :o :

Gerrard issues Euro rallying cry

Steven Gerrard has urged England to capitalise on their Euro 2008 lifeline in Wednesday's showdown with Croatia.

Steve McClaren's side find their destiny back in their own hands after Israel's shock 2-1 win over Russia in Tel Aviv on Saturday.

And England's stand-in skipper Gerrard said: "We have been given another chance and that has to motivate every player on Wednesday evening.

"Everyone must give everything to try and be there next summer."

The picture became even brighter for England when group leaders Croatia were beaten 2-0 in Macedonia, meaning England need just a draw to ensure a place in next summer's finals

"If we don't get there it will be so frustrating and we have to make sure we have the right mentality on Wednesday," added Gerrard.

o.gif

"Since we lost the game in Russia it has been difficult to be an England player to be honest.

"To be in a situation where it's been out of our hands, and you are relying on other people, is not a situation you want to be in - and not a situation we should have been in.

"England want to be in the big tournaments and that's where we need to earn the right to be by getting the right result on Wednesday.

"Now we are going to be looking forward to one of the biggest games of our lives."

Striker Peter Crouch who looks set to lead England's attack against Croatia, said: "We all know it would be a huge blow if we don't qualify but we have tried to stay positive.

"We've had to believe Israel could get a result, they've done that and now I think the atmosphere at Wembley on Wednesday will be fantastic and we will all want to be involved in the game.

"You want to be in charge of your own destiny and it's been frustrating that we've had to come down to waiting for another result for us to qualify.

"But we are where we are with our hopes back in our own hands and we have to play as well as we can and get the right result."

But midfielder Frank Lampard fears the Wembley crowd could yet turn on England if Wednesday's clash with Croatia does not go to plan.

He told the News of the World: "There's still the chance that the mood of the England crowd will change if we don't get the result we want against Croatia. So we must be ready to take it and deal with it."

He added: "I was in the crowd in Barcelona watching the qualifier against Andorra and I witnessed the anger and bitterness of certain England fans close up. It was not a pleasant experience. It was ugly and poisonous.

"But you have to accept there's a chance that Wednesday night could be even more of an ordeal for the manager and the players."

"It will hurt me if the Wembley crowd turns against us. If we don't get through then a lot of people are going to complain, will want to have a go and we must be big and brave enough to accept it."

Meanwhile, Michael Owen has described how the "pain and despair" of his latest injury evaporated in the joy of seeing England's Euro 2008 hopes resurrected.

The Newcastle striker will miss Wednesday night's final Group E qualifier against Croatia after tearing a thigh muscle in Friday's friendly win in Austria.

"Even though I will not be able to play against Croatia, the gateway to the Euro 2008 finals is open and the world looks a brighter place.

"No-one will be celebrating just yet because there is still a massive task ahead of us at Wembley but we have been thrown a lifeline that many think we do not deserve.

"For England not to be involved in a major championship finals for the first time in my career would have been a bitter blow.

"We must now go out and prove it. There can be no excuses. We risk letting ourselves down and the fans and if we don't go through it will be one of the most depressing times of our careers."

I hope the England players were watching the Scotland game just see what it means to play with passion.

Why do England insist on trying to play a continental slow-slow-quick-quick-slow game when they haven't a clue how to do it? If they played like the premiership then they would be a force again. Frustrating... and often very dull to watch. But good luck to them on Wed. very very very lucky!!

They can't blow on Wednesday.........can they? :D

I hope not buddy. But if they do, they better get ready for being beheaded :D

I think it's a pretty safe bet to be big headed on this one Mr b :D .

England to win by the odd goal :o .

I bloody hope we win, but I still want McClown out.

I think it's a pretty safe bet to be big headed on this one Mr b :D .

England to win by the odd goal :o .

Just finished watching football focus and there was a nice discussion about the possability on Alan Shearer becoming the next England manager .......... and why not :D , no other manager in the past 42 years has done much :bah:

I think it's a pretty safe bet to be big headed on this one Mr b :bah: .

England to win by the odd goal :D .

Just finished watching football focus and there was a nice discussion about the possability on Alan Shearer becoming the next England manager .......... and why not :D , no other manager in the past 42 years has done much :bah:

Oh, the great Alan Shearer :o . Yes, I heard the discussion, but I really think that England neen an established, proven manager and coach. Shearer has very little experience in that, and has spent most of his time in the media since retiring. He also has the personality of a corpse, so I'd be interested to see how he can raise the players for games. As you quite rightly say, no one else has done much, so why not.

He also has the personality of a corpse,

Would that be the incumbant corpse mate :D I can't tell the difference when he's being interviewed.

Well i'm just setting the alarm for tonight :o have to be prepared :D

Edited by chavy

He also has the personality of a corpse,

Would that be the incumbant corpse mate :D I can't tell the difference when he's being interviewed.

Well i'm just setting the alarm for tonight :o have to be prepared :D

I normall wouldn't bother to get up to watch England at this time in the morning, but tonight I think I will make an exception. It's always hard to stay awake, and if England serve up another Mogodon inspired performance, I think it will be the last game I will watch whilst McClown remains manager.

They can't blow on Wednesday.........can they? :o

....in a report on television from Moscow it was said that the Croatian players were promised a lot of things.....luxury cars, money etc. etc.

England has the advantage of playing at home but Croatia won't let themselves 'butchered'. They'll fight !

Will be interesting match though.

LaoPo