England.

redrus

crappy kick off time if your working in the Uk........good for us for a change :D

I feel so sorry for them back in the UK. :o

Middle of October with that lovely winter to look forward to and a crap kick off time tonight.

I'll take the 2am starts no problem, it's still better being here than there :D

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crappy kick off time if your working in the Uk........good for us for a change :D

Don't feel sorry for me buddy. I am in charge of my own destinty and so therefore I will be in the pub by 3:45pm at the latest. :D

Middle of October with that lovely winter to look forward to and a crap kick off time tonight.

On second thoughts, yeah feel sorry for me :D

Don't feel sorry for me buddy. I am in charge of my own destinty and so therefore I will be in the pub by 3:45pm at the latest. :D

Look forward to having a Bud with you in March :D

I feel so sorry for them back in the UK. :D

Don't feel sorry for me buddy. I am in charge of my own destinty and so therefore I will be in the pub by 3:45pm at the latest. :bah:

Yeah, only 175 days to go :o

crappy kick off time if your working in the Uk........good for us for a change :bah:

I feel so sorry for them back in the UK. :D

Don't feel sorry for me buddy. I am in charge of my own destinty and so therefore I will be in the pub by 3:45pm at the latest. :o

Yeah, only 175 days to go :o

:D

Only 15 minutes or so, till the game, and I've had too many Asahi's this evening already. I hopoe the gamne is good, as otherwise I predict a Toad falling asleep on a lilipad. :bah:

MrBoj, enjoy the Soccer and the Bud this evening ;)

So far, so bad. Englan really undr the cosh so far.

Most dissapointing thing has been the Nazi chanting and saluting from the Russian fans.

Anyone have any idea what the English soundtrack is all about? No background noise, so I'm listening to Somchai instead :o

Edited by mrtoad

So far, so bad. Englan really undr the cosh so far.

Most dissapointing thing has been the Nazi chanting and saluting from the Russian fans.

Anyone have any idea what the English soundtrack is all about? No background noise, so I'm listening to Somchai instead :D

Good job I checked this thread , I thought the game was on at 2 in the morning :D .

I turned the t.v on just in time to see Rooney score a blinder , lovely assist from Owen aswell.

Half time Russia 0-1 England.

If it stays like this were through :o .

I seem to be getting english commentary no problem mrtoad on channel 3 . I have never heard this commentator before though , I have a feeling that the game is probably on channel 4 or 5 ( if there still on air that is , I wouldnt know , 7 years and counting out of blighty :D ) .

Oh dear. Very, very poor second half performance and I don't think you can blame the pitch for England's defeat. Defensively a shambles for much of the second half. The awarded penalty was dubious, but Russia deserved to win in the end.

Bye bye to the manager. Best go back and look for another job in Smogland territory with Darlington or Hartlepool.

Hard to see England qualifying now. I think Russia should scrape a win in Israel and beat Andorra comfortably.

On a bright note, we won't have to bother getting up in the middle of the night next June to watch Euro 2008.

Whilst McClown is out there in Russia they might as well send him over to the salt mines. :o

F$#*@ng <deleted>, can't say much else really. :D

In some ways this result might be a blessing in disguise, if it gets the merchant bankers at the FA to fire McClown :bah: , we may end up getting someone who knows what they are doing.

As for the players, they are a disgrace to the Shirt. :D:D:D

There is fortunatley a clause in McClown's contract saying if he did not get us to the finals he would be OUT.

Well I am very unhappy that the FA let it come to this.

I don't think the Isralei's will be able to hold Russia, and I doubt that we will beat Estonia at home anyway, we just have not got enough balls.

So its taxi for McClown and the whole squad, and has ruined most Englishmen's close season.

I do not think Big Sam will take the job even if he was offered it...but I fear that last years "Manager Of The Season" might be offered it. I just hope he has enough sense to turn it down.

The England Boss's job is a Poison Chalice...who really wants it???

Sven seems to be doing OK without it, and if McClown goes now he could probably get the job at Bolton if Paul Jewell turns it down.

Maybee Venables, probably the best coach we have had in the last 20 years may want it back........oh but Sammy Lee's available as well...I am sure he would take it on.......God help us

There is fortunatley a clause in McClown's contract saying if he did not get us to the finals he would be OUT.

I don't think the Isralei's will be able to hold Russia, and I doubt that we will beat Estonia at home anyway, we just have not got enough balls.

So its taxi for McClown and the whole squad, and has ruined most Englishmen's close season.

I do not think Big Sam will take the job even if he was offered it...but I fear that last years "Manager Of The Season" might be offered it. I just hope he has enough sense to turn it down.

Sven seems to be doing OK without it, and if McClown goes now he could probably get the job at Bolton if Paul Jewell turns it down.

Maybee Venables, probably the best coach we have had in the last 20 years may want it back........oh but Sammy Lee's available as well...I am sure he would take it on.......God help us

Venables just had his chance - any new manager will have to pick from the same pool of players and deal with out of form so called world-class players. Stevie G was a good example of that last night - wright-phillips was woeful on Saturday and should have been dropped. I don't think any sane man would really want the English job anyway.

I find it embarassing seeing England persist with long throw-ins into the box and seeing Crouch there again giving away fouls at the end took the biscuit.

I am rather sick of English football and must admit am a major convert to rugby where our lads just get on with it not being weighed down by their wallets.

Cheers BB

Edited by BalthazarBeefheart

IMHO, I thought Russia played well, they looked fitter, hungrier, leaner & meaner.

Full credit to Gus Hdink. Super strike from Rooney - just not good enough as a team -

Have to agree that McClaren is not up there with the World's Best - Soul Searching time

ahead for all those involved at the F.A. :o

Absolutely terrible.

We were so lucky to be going in at 1-0 ahead at half time.

McClaren needed to make some adjustments at half time to stop us getting killed... but what did he do? Nothing, his half time team talk was probably "We got the lead now boys, just keep up the good work"

Venables just had his chance - any new manager will have to pick from the same pool of players and deal with out of form so called world-class players. Stevie G was a good example of that last night - wright-phillips was woeful on Saturday and should have been dropped. I don't think any sane man would really want the English job anyway.

I find it embarassing seeing England persist with long throw-ins into the box and seeing Crouch there again giving away fouls at the end took the biscuit.

I am rather sick of English football and must admit am a major convert to rugby where our lads just get on with it not being weighed down by their wallets.

Cheers BB

Re Crouchie: he's being targeted by the refs for some strange reason. Any 50/50 challenge he jumps for the ref awards against him. It was the same in the World Cup. I'm no fan of his but i do pity the way he gets treated just cos of his cumbersome size.

Re Crouchie : he is the wrong sport. If the idiot can't work out why his every challenge is called foul, then what the hel_l is he doing there?

The challenge of making England a decent team would surely entice someone of genuine football nous. I'm very disappointed that Venables has not ( seemingly ) had a bigger influence.

Wouldn't it be sweet if the tosser resigned now.

Why can't you accept Crouch can't play, McLaren can't coach and Russia have the better players anyway. England are rubbish in an easy group. :D

What your saying isn't entirely true Neeranam :o .

If you want to post on this forum PLEASE back your opinions up with some facts :D .

I just can't believe that there we are probaly not going to get to the finals. It's <deleted> disgusting and the FA NEVER hold their hands up and say "sorry, we made a mistake". Never mind sacking McClaren (as that is a given) sacking the whole of the FA should be the priority :o

I just can't believe that there we are probaly not going to get to the finals. It's <deleted> disgusting and the FA NEVER hold their hands up and say "sorry, we made a mistake". Never mind sacking McClaren (as that is a given) sacking the whole of the FA should be the priority :o

Jobs for the boys MrBJ, always has been always will be. How many outspoken managers have we had? Cloughie never got the job because he would've exposed the lot of them years ago. Instead we still have people like Barwick, Brooking , Wilkinson calling the shots.