Help! My wife’s trying to cause my death by overfeeding!

Gecko123

Would you rather she ignored you completely and played on the ipad all day? She loves you and she wants to make you happy, so be happy man. On the other hand she might just be bored to death, maybe you should find her a hobby, or open a restaurant and make her the chef. Maybe she enjoys cooking mate? wai.gif

She's doing it so you will be unattractive to other women.

A mate of mine had the same problem. When he objected to the quantities of food being put in front of him, the wife spat the dummy, and asked him if he wanted to remain slim so he could chase women - go figure !

@ Gecko - What are you ? A man or a goldfish ? Just eat everything she puts in front of you to prove your insane love for her, and work off the extra kilos you put on in the bedroom ! You will be better off for it, and she will love you even more. And keeping her in the bedroom keeps her out of the kitchen. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

My wife is a great cook Thai style....She has me down 12k....she is up 3k.....the Thais don't seem to have set times and graze through the day....at our house we have 3 meals and sit at the table....but sometimes it seems the munching . Fruit mostly is fair game any time...like candy to them....at MIL even though they have a table everything they do is on a free and easy schedule and left up to whoever wants whatever whenever....your wife is seeing after you the best she can - her way of loving you...mine has said she wants me a little heavier because my face is fuller....but I think it's OK where I am....

• Like 1

Seems that you have a good wife right there. Maybe she somehow feels indebted to you and has nothing to give you or compare to what you coming into your life has done for her EXCEPT COOK!

Take advantage of this and open a cart so she can offer her food to many others...tell her to fill the bank account instead of your belly and you will be VERY pleased.

• Like 1

.....as long as you are paying for it.....that is the ultimate irony......feed you to death at your own expense.......

....and I am not sure that those that are in a difficult way appreciate your graphic excesses.....

...besides.......gluttony is a sin.....

Edited by SOTIRIOS

Too cute .wub.png

Quit complaining while you stuff food down your neck. There are many poor and homeless who would love to be at your board for meals, so suggest your wife feed the homeless and the poor elderly in the villages nearby; you know, someone who would appreciate what he has instead of asking such foolish questions. If the little lady is trying to kill you, your gut and pain other than constipation might give you a clue. Here is a hint; shut your gob....on both counts and thank the Lord for your blessings

• Like 1

Too cute .wub.png

cute? seems to me you are saying your wife is at fault for your swollen liver & the fat strangling your heart as well as your blocked & clogged blood vessels. no photos of you three, but i feel all are porkers. do the right thing, stay fit, you will have so much more time with her. :-)

Either she’s after your money – obesity is a sure killer – or she really loves you so much and just want to take good care of you... wink.png

Know of many farangs having the same problem, still wonder what the truth is...? whistling.gif

Wish to believe the last, as I’m also being taken good care of... tongue.png

• Like 1

Hi,

This is quite common in Thailand. The lady sees her role in feeding her man. Remember in Thailand the fatter you are the richer you are perceived to be. Fat people eat a lot so must have money to eat. So often fatter people work hard and don't exercise. It is a culture thing.

Suggest the idea that fat doesn't mean successful in your country and that you love her so much that you want to be around for longer. Ask her ( tell her that she is the professional) that you need healthy food and can she help you with it. So that she feels she has some sense of responsibility for you.

Some Thai people don't equate obesity as a life-ending problem.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

.....as long as you are paying for it.....that is the ultimate irony......feed you to death at your own expense.......

....and I am not sure that those that are in a difficult way appreciate your graphic excesses.....

...besides.......gluttony is a sin.....

Read no further folks...

This takes the piety award hands down.

To everyone who stopped by on this thread to question my manhood, or to tell me I married my mother, or to say I must look like Homer Simpson, or to call me names like exfatriate, Gecko-zilla, goldfish, or porker, or who tried to make me feel guilty for enjoying a meal with my family, or to remind me that there are kids starving in Appalachia, I would just like all of you to know that this afternoon I am happily ensconced in my Lay-Z-Boy recliner watching the Olive Kitteridge marathon on HBOS. My wife's not home, but I am making frequent trips to the kitchen to grab snacks and ice cold Leos. I don't know why, but for some reason the food and beer has never tasted better and I feel positively invigorated! Thanks to everyone for helping make this afternoon so enjoyable!

• Like 2