Let's vow never to give in to terrorism

Lite Beer

"I am not Charlie, I am Ahmed the dead cop. Charlie ridiculed my faith and culture and I died defending his right to do so," wrote one Twitter follower under the name Dyab Abou Jahjah.

If you don't know who Abou Jahjah is see here:

http://www.aboujahjah.org/articles-and-blog/category/israeli-crimes

He is a weekly columnist at Flemish newspaper "De Standaard" and he teaches Politcal Science at Université Catholique Louvain.

Guess he is Moslim, pro Palestine and anti Israël...just an other nutter.

Hang about!!

He is perfectly entitled to his views, is he not - it is his democratic right to speak out, just as the dead journalists were in taunting these radical Muslims and winding them up. If he is a 'nutter' as you imply, then so were these journalists playing this deadly game, they knew the dangers didn't they. Just as Russian roulette isn't a particularly wise game to play, neither is denigrating the Muslim religion.

"I am not Charlie, I am Ahmed the dead cop. Charlie ridiculed my faith and culture and I died defending his right to do so," wrote one Twitter follower under the name Dyab Abou Jahjah.

He is a weekly columnist at Flemish newspaper "De Standaard" and he teaches Politcal Science at Université Catholique Louvain.

Hang about!!

He is perfectly entitled to his views, is he not - it is his democratic right to speak out, just as the dead journalists were in taunting these radical Muslims and winding them up. If he is a 'nutter' as you imply, then so were these journalists playing this deadly game, they knew the dangers didn't they. Just as Russian roulette isn't a particularly wise game to play, neither is denigrating the Muslim religion.

Did someone say he is not entitled to his views? Was there a squad of the TVF Anti-Freedom-of-Speech-Front (Phuket branch) storming his workplace? coffee1.gif

People get offended, they write words, draw images, protest.

Other people get offended, they shoot other people.

• Like 2

The best way to prevent it is not to do the things that provoke it.

Lets ban Christmas while we are at it.

You miss the point entirely, which is about not provoking terrorism, and above all not participating in it ourselves.

So basically your saying let violence, or fear of violence, set the boundaries.

Hope we're not neighbors.

• Like 2

The best way to prevent it is not to do the things that provoke it.

Lets ban Christmas while we are at it.

Charb said : If we stop guarding the frontiers of republic, we can just all leave the place and give them our country

Je suis Charlie

And what the heck does that mean? The people that got him were from within. I don't think that the Collected Thoughts and Wisdom of Chairman Charbs are going to be of much use in these circumstances. Unless, of course, he was talking about some "airy-fairy frontier of the soul or mind." And even then it's about as useful as tits on a bull.

It means that

Republic and democracy are a daily fight.

They are not granted anymore.

Everyday you have people telling us what to do and not to do.

If they stop making sure crazy fanatics are not stepping over our rights, we can just leave the place/country and hand them the keys

Hang about!!

I see so the journalist deserved what happened to them, expressing their right to free speech. But you would defend this abou Jahjah right to free speech "His democratic right" as you say. But no mention of the journalist democratic rights. Just that they deserved what happened to them.

Sounds hypocritical to me!

Hang about!!

It's the Muslims right to kill anyone who offends them is that what you are defending (the implication of your words) They deserved what they got?

You forgot "Allah akbar" at the end of your Posts!

"Let's vow never to give in to terrorism"

At the same time "we" fly drones and shoot lots of innocent people, when we try to shoot terrorists. I am sure the children/parents/cousins of the shot people are seeing us as terrorists for doing it.

At the same time we support the Saudi regime which kills people who have any other idea about religion and which supports the same terrorists we hunt with the drones.

I don't know what to do better, but what we do now is for sure wrong.

The way things are going in Europe now makes me think:

"Most Europeans disliked Jews. No, no - not only Germans, please!... - Maybe with 45 M Muslims and rampant Terrorism they will reconsider?"

Just a thought... coffee1.gif