Jakarta 60 day tourist visa Requirements from August 2014

Attempt made on January 12 2015,

Did a little research and flew into Jakarta to get a 60 day tourist visa.

A few problems:

1. most travel agencies in Jakarta will not do a 60 day visa for you, which means you will probably have to do it yourself. I did not actually find a travel agency that would do the visa for me.

2. Here are the requirements the staff at the thai embassy told me I must meet:

A. Return air plane ticket. The clerk at the desk was terribly nice and typically Indonesia he also informed me that my existing return ticket was invalid because it is scheduled for less than 30 days after I returned to Thailand. I told him I was planning on changing my departure date when I returned to Thailand, he told me I had to change my departure date from Thailand before applying. In other words you need a ticket leaving Thailand scheduled for more than a month after you arrive. I would recommend getting one 2 -3 months after your intended return to Thailand.

B. Hotel Reservation.

I asked for clarification (I've been in Thailand for 30 days sleeping on a couch at a friend's house) and he said in my case I would need a letter from the owner of the house stating something. I'm not sure if the hotel reservations would need to be for the entire duration of your stay or if they're ok with you having say a week planned in Bangkok before exploring the Islands etc.

C. Financial Statement under the applicant's name (min THB 20,000 or 700 USD)

D. Ebola check Health Certificate (only for Ebola effect areas)

not sure on what qualifies as an Ebola infected area taken that cases of Ebola have been reported in the U.S. now.

Anyways, this was my first attempt at a 60 day in over 2 years. Not sure where to post reports, but Jakarta is a little sparse on info so wanted to update.

Edited by aljones15
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...