Now please don't tell me it's not cold.

BigBadGeordie

I like the cold during the day as I am teaching 40 students per class so it's more pleasant than the hotter months. The one thing I do not like is the morning showers, watching the light on the shower box to see that it's on and jumping in and out of the way of it's spray as it losses it's temperature. Also first thing in the morning and sitting for the morning bowel movement and the seat is bloody cold! Quite a shock!!

Moved to: "Things I do privately that should not be discussed on the internet" forum

Good news: skys have cleared up yesterday evening. Currently the sun shines through closed windows.

Bad news: clear sky in the night means even colder temperatures in the morning wink.png (approx. 13 degrees Celsius / 55 F)

Edited by KhunBENQ

Cold ? I enjoy every minute of it here in Pattaya. Around 22 C and a nice cool breeze, can you ask for more ? No humidity to speak of, I can do a lot of outdoor activities without sweating. Enjoy it while it last. In March we will all complain about the heat.

Not bad at all in CM....imagine riding a motorbike early or late would be cold.....extra blanket on the bed though which to me is a good idea because it keeps the wife from bundling up - hate the feeling of cloth next to me.....we have one window open in the bedroom and downstairs screen doors and windows open.....

Not bad? Ha! 20c in the condo this morn and my blood has been sufficiently thinned to be used to warmer weather. I am cold! The wife? She has discovered that I had a sleeping bag and she loves it. I fondly remember looking out over snow covered field in the U.S. but I did not come to Thailand for this much cool weather! Ah, well, this too shall pass.

2 in a sleeping bagwub.png i bet that makes your blood boilbiggrin.png

Haway man. Thaz sure thaz a Geordie? Loveley Jubbly in God's country. Moved it from Yorkshire to Surin?. The wind's a touch fresh today though

why ia mun beats standing outside the jungle on a cold night waiting for a knee trembler.

• Like 1

I brought a light down jacket, leather jacket, cotton hoodie, Smartwool base layers (top and bottom), Smartwool beanie and Smartwool socks.

The first day I arrived, it was hotter than a Swedish Supermodel and I thought I was sooooooo stupid for bringing so many warm clothes.

Last night here in CR, it was 46F (7.8C) and suddenly, I feel quite brilliant...

Edited by SiSePuede419
  • Like 1

My biggest mistake I made when I moved from Canada was not to bring some winter clothes as I didn't think I would need any here. But back home my Summer Pajamas are warmer then what I can buy here, with 2 pairs on.

Can't even find decent socks that fit! Forget a Track Suit like Reebok or Adidas as in Thailand you first have to be a Track Star with a 32 inch waist before you can find a size to fit you. Forget shoes also! The are so damned narrow that to find the size that fits the sides of your feet, you shoes end up being much longer than you need and they end up looking like Ronald McDonald's Shoes!

Damn! Buying clothes here, for a Farang, is not the best thing Thailand has to offer here for sure!

• Like 1

"Buying clothes here, for a Farang, is not the best thing Thailand has to offer here for sure!"

In America, in recent years, they have what they called "vanity" sizing. They've been making clothes bigger and bigger, but calling it the same size, because so many stupid Americans are in denial about their obesity.

I bought a new down jacket last winter, and I noticed many brands had a built-in room for a "beer" gut, 555.

Here in Thailand, it's just the opposite. They exaggerate the size in order to make Thai guys feel "bigger".

Bought some 3/100B "Large" underwear at Big C. The smallest "Large" I've ever seen.

Little brother quite cramped, 555...

• Like 1

60° is cold? After spending a winter in Duluth/Superior, not much is cold.

However the homes are heated to a comfortable 72 F and the cars have heaters, sleeping when the temperature is in the 30's F with no heat, well you don't do that in Duluth do you?

I brought a light down jacket, leather jacket, cotton hoodie, Smartwool base layers (top and bottom), Smartwool beanie and Smartwool socks.

The first day I arrived, it was hotter than a Swedish Supermodel and I thought I was sooooooo stupid for bringing so many warm clothes.

Last night here in CR, it was 46F (7.8C) and suddenly, I feel quite brilliant...

When i visit the mother in law on the mountain i wish I would have brought some of my winter gear from the USA.

What gripes me is that I have to turn the aircon on to defrost my windows in the truck. Why don't they have heaters in the trucks here. They have them in cars but not the trucks.

Cold! Is this a joke? In the early 1970's I remember swimming and surfing in the middle of January in the UK. Sea temperature Zero. But Thailand now early morning is fresh here, but is easily bearable outdoors. Indoors here, so easily comfortable I can walk around all day with no shirt on. Talk of winter here is all in the mind. People are watching too much TV of what it is like in the rest of the world and kidding themselves they have it just as bad.

It's not cold!

My biggest mistake I made when I moved from Canada was not to bring some winter clothes as I didn't think I would need any here. But back home my Summer Pajamas are warmer then what I can buy here, with 2 pairs on.

Can't even find decent socks that fit! Forget a Track Suit like Reebok or Adidas as in Thailand you first have to be a Track Star with a 32 inch waist before you can find a size to fit you. Forget shoes also! The are so damned narrow that to find the size that fits the sides of your feet, you shoes end up being much longer than you need and they end up looking like Ronald McDonald's Shoes!

Uhm, they have this thing called on-line shopping... all sizes and styles available!!!

First glance of sun here (west of Khon Kaen) after 4 days with thick clouds.

Yesterday windy, cool, dark. Some rain. Felt like European November bah.gif

Sitting in the room wearing a tracksuit plus socks and slippers.

Nobody will believe that this is living in the tropics biggrin.png

The Chinese are at fault, the bad weather comes from them whistling.gif

Cross my fingers that the sun will break through tommorow.

Glad I live in Pattaya where yes it has NOT been hot for a few days now but cold NO. A little chilly and saving electric as the aircon is NOT required at the moment. Makes a change from sweating your nuts off.

60° is cold? After spending a winter in Duluth/Superior, not much is cold.

However the homes are heated to a comfortable 72 F and the cars have heaters, sleeping when the temperature is in the 30's F with no heat, well you don't do that in Duluth do you?
Yeah they do... they're caller winter activities! Ice fishing, winter camping, pond skating, winter golf, skiing, hiking, outdoor parties... I've spent weeks outside below freezing with barely a few nips into a warm car or home.

I don't think half the people on here really knows what cold is. Just checked back home, -29 and with the wind -36. Yes the weather has thankfully cooled off but still along ways from cold.

I bet many of us do know what cold is. In my hometown we usually have -40 for 2 weeks in january every year. That is cold enough to make it hard to breathe. I think I feel the cold here more because of the high humidity. Also after being here in thailand for over 16 years I am not acclimated to cold any more. The bad thing is I am not acclimated to the heat in the summer here either.

All in all i prefer the weather here during the cold season because I can always put more clothes on to stay warm but you can only take so much off to stay cool.

Cold! Is this a joke? In the early 1970's I remember swimming and surfing in the middle of January in the UK. Sea temperature Zero. But Thailand now early morning is fresh here, but is easily bearable outdoors. Indoors here, so easily comfortable I can walk around all day with no shirt on. Talk of winter here is all in the mind. People are watching too much TV of what it is like in the rest of the world and kidding themselves they have it just as bad.

It's not cold!

This must be true because you used a really big font and then bolded it -

• Like 2