Now please don't tell me it's not cold.

BigBadGeordie

My biggest mistake I made when I moved from Canada was not to bring some winter clothes as I didn't think I would need any here. But back home my Summer Pajamas are warmer then what I can buy here, with 2 pairs on.

Can't even find decent socks that fit! Forget a Track Suit like Reebok or Adidas as in Thailand you first have to be a Track Star with a 32 inch waist before you can find a size to fit you. Forget shoes also! The are so damned narrow that to find the size that fits the sides of your feet, you shoes end up being much longer than you need and they end up looking like Ronald McDonald's Shoes!

Damn! Buying clothes here, for a Farang, is not the best thing Thailand has to offer here for sure!

This is because you are a fat sod ! Lose some weight fatty

Cold being both relative and subjective, but... can you see your breath? No? Then it's not cold. Windows are still open at night but fans aren't needed.

I can see my breath here in fang. Its been 8 degrees a few nights now after 4 days of black sky and rain. I had to buy a jacket as the wind chill is enough to make my nose drip....1 of the main reasons i dont do winters back in the uk.

Rather you than me, apart from indoors, I haven't had a pair of shorts on since I returned from work about a week ago, right enough re UK, spoke with my mum last night,, snow falling up in NE Scotland, but that's a different level of freezing with a few more "f"'s added on,,

fsut2180" Head for the UK and find out what cold means right now the weather here is still shorts and T shirts even at night.

Bangkoks been funny the past week or two.

There have been mornings where it's 18 or 19 degrees and I've felt like the air con needed to be on. Then other mornings where the temperature is saying 25 and the condo felt cool.

Last night my phone said it was 30 and I was walking about (for a good 20 mins) without even breaking a sweat. A couple of nights earlier it was apparently only 23 and I felt sweaty,

Felt a little chilly tonight sitting outside having dinner around 6:45pm.

But no it's not 'cold'. I can still go out in a t-shirt (though I rarely wear shorts even in hot season during the day) and feel fine. I saw a farang tonight in flip flips, shorts, t-shirt yet wearing a scarf. I don't get that,

When I see farang wandering around in big winter jackets (twice in the past week) in the middle of the day when it's over 25 degrees I can't help but feeling they are just trying to be "more thai" and would probably have their top off and sunbathing in the garden back home at the same temp.

Edited by TheSpade

First glance of sun here (west of Khon Kaen) after 4 days with thick clouds.

Yesterday windy, cool, dark. Some rain. Felt like European November bah.gif

Sitting in the room wearing a tracksuit plus socks and slippers.

Nobody will believe that this is living in the tropics biggrin.png

The Chinese are at fault, the bad weather comes from them whistling.gif

Cross my fingers that the sun will break through tommorow.

Ben,had the same weather where i am,of courseThailand is in the northern tropics so is subject to seasons,unlike countries nearer the equator,such as Singapore,Indonesia,where the climate is more uniform,ie hot and wet year round,but without the extremes we get here in upcountry Thailand,enjoying it at the moment,soon enough the searing heat of the hot season will be upon us,my least favorite time of year.

Ok I'm having a beer outside near the beach and I'm almost freezing to death, it's only 28 C and a light breeze in the air making it even worse...

Cheers.

Edited by balo