90 days renewal, new rule since January 1st

I just tried to renew my 90 days in Udon Thani Immigration, which is the same distance from my home as Sakon Nakhon Immigration. Udon is for us better than Sakon, but my Visa renewal has now to take place in Sakon since I am living in the Changwat of Sakon Nakhon.

I was given an official paper written in Thai that since the 1st of January one has to go to the same Immigration which gave out your visa for the 90 days renewal.

So be careful, I could not be traveling to Krabi for instance if my renewal is dew during that time, as I was doing last year and had my renewal done in Krabi.

Once more a sign of how much the Thai Governement likes us Expats!!!!!!! Making our lives more difficult, but no problem we have time and money to travel do we????

• Like 1

I assume you mean your report of staying longer than 90 day in the country. It is not a renewal.

If traveling around the country you can make your reports at any immigration office but you need a local address to put on the TM47 form.

In your case you probably did not have a Udon address so they would not accept your report. Even more so since you live in Sakon Nakhon a neighboring province.

I have just had a first hand report of Korat Immigration refusing all 90 day reports or services from Buriram residence. They must go to Kap Choeng Immigration. This was put into effect January 1.

Thats a pisser....living in Nongki, I do my extensions & re-entry permits @ Kap Choeng, but have been doing my 90 day reports @ Korat (Dan Kwien) as do most of the lads living in and around Nongki....120Km round trip to Dan Kwien, 250Km round trip to Kap Choeng...

Just did my 90 day report at Phuket Immi today. The Volunteer (whose function seems to be increase the duration of the process by a factor of 5+, compared to before) made a point of informing me that, effective this week, I could only report at the Immigration office where I live. After reminding her that this is precisely what I was attempting to do, she said to tell all my foreigner friends in Pattaya etc., in case they wanted to come down here to do it. I didn't want to further prolong the agony by telling her that I don't have friends in Pattaya...

whistling.gif

you know the rationale, we all look alike.cheesy.gif

"you need a local address to put on the TM47 form."

you make it sound so easy. try getting the landlord to fill in the forms you need to do this, then give them to you, so you can change your address at immigration.whistling.gifclap2.gif immig wont accept it otherwise. and the landlord will be very hesitant to comply for a sketchy, no good, despicable farang (yes thats you). oh yeah and then they are probably going to hit you with, "no guesthouse or hotel address allowed."

Edited by monkey dog

I was given an official paper written in Thai that since the 1st of January one has to go to the same Immigration which gave out your visa for the 90 days renewal.

so if the visa was issued in one province then the yearly extension was in another province ,where then do you do 90 day report now?

so also now, if you want live in the neighbouring province you have to leave the country and start from scratch?

Edited by monkey dog

No "new rule"!

Yes, every time someone doesn't understand what he's doing, we get another thread about "new rules" or "big changes" or imaginary "crack downs" at immigrations.

go to the same Immigration which gave out your visa for the 90 days renewal.

No renewal of anything and, except in the case of a conversion in Bangkok, immigrations doesn't give out visas ... probably an extension of stay ... and as Ubonjoe said, the office you go to for a 90 day report depends on where you are"officially" resident.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

I have just had a first hand report of Korat Immigration refusing all 90 day reports or services from Buriram residence. They must go to Kap Choeng Immigration. This was put into effect January 1.

Thats a pisser....living in Nongki, I do my extensions & re-entry permits @ Kap Choeng, but have been doing my 90 day reports @ Korat (Dan Kwien) as do most of the lads living in and around Nongki....120Km round trip to Dan Kwien, 250Km round trip to Kap Choeng...

That is not going to make for some happy campers.whistling.gif

That is not going to make for some happy campers.whistling.gif

you implying that there are actually happy campers to start with? all i can see is a lot of intimidated unsure farang, not knowing what will happen, what new "regulation", what new "fees" will be sprung in the next 90 days.

Wow, that really screws up my plans, just moved from Pattaya to Buriram, thinking I could my do my 90 days in Kap Choeng but now I have to drive back to Pattaya to do the 90 days.

Instead of a 180 km round trip a +/- 800km one. :(

You can send anyone to go do your 90 Day report for you so if you have family or friends they can do it for you if your away

With my passport 400km away from them ? Or sending my passport via EMS to my friends ? I don't think so.

However thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated

:wai:

Edited by MJCM

You can send anyone to go do your 90 Day report for you so if you have family or friends they can do it for you if your away

With my passport 400km away from them ? Or sending my passport via EMS to my friends ? I don't think so.

However thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated

:wai:

Not sure but maybe a copy of your passport might be ok.. I know when you post it to them you only need to send them a copy.. Maybe someone could answer that query..

Wow, that really screws up my plans, just moved from Pattaya to Buriram, thinking I could my do my 90 days in Kap Choeng but now I have to drive back to Pattaya to do the 90 days.

Instead of a 180 km round trip a +/- 800km one. sad.png

You should try to do your report in Kap Choeng. I suggest you try to do it early and if refused you could then mail it in to Pattaya.

I have seen nothing to confirm you can only make your report at the immigration office where you got your extension if you are traveling around the country. There has been no notice made by immigration about this.

You should try to do your report in Kap Choeng. I suggest you try to do it early and if refused you could then mail it in to Pattaya.

I have seen nothing to confirm you can only make your report at the immigration office where you got your extension if you are traveling around the country. There has been no notice made by immigration about this.

Agree with uj. I live n KC and have not heard of KCI refusing this service yet. Give it a try but be prepared to mail it back to Pattaya.

Thanks UJ, but I have never seen or heard that it is possible to do mail in reports in Pattaya.

But will do as suggested and do my report early in KCI and if that fails have a backup plan to go back to Pattaya.

I have just been to Korat for my 90 day report. Only to be told I must go to the office where I got my visa which is Rayong. I told the officer she was wrong and asked her to please get her supervisor, when he came he explained that one must do the 90 day report where they get their visa, this is a new rule started 1-1-15.

I called an Immigration officer I know & he informed that this is correct but he fixed it for me this time, next report I must go to Rayong.

I can not understand the logic of this but then again TiT.

and here is silly me thinking that they want falang here and spend their money:::::::::::WRONG they only want the money.

I have just been to Korat for my 90 day report. Only to be told I must go to the office where I got my visa which is Rayong. I told the officer she was wrong and asked her to please get her supervisor, when he came he explained that one must do the 90 day report where they get their visa, this is a new rule started 1-1-15.

I called an Immigration officer I know & he informed that this is correct but he fixed it for me this time, next report I must go to Rayong.

I can not understand the logic of this but then again TiT.

and here is silly me thinking that they want falang here and spend their money:::::::::::WRONG they only want the money.

Was it your 2nd report in Korat or was it the first time?

You could mail in your reports to Rayong. You would need to use your home address in Rayong on the self addressed envelope. No problem for the mailing post office being from somewhere else.

I have just been informed directly by Kap Choeng Immigration that they no longer except 90 day reports from outside their area. And if you are on a 60 day tourist visa and wish to convert over to a retirment extension you must go to Korat Immigration for a single entry 90 day O-visa to start the concern or go out of country to obtain it.

I have just been informed directly by Kap Choeng Immigration that they no longer except 90 day reports from outside their area. And if you are on a 60 day tourist visa and wish to convert over to a retirment extension you must go to Korat Immigration for a single entry 90 day O-visa to start the concern or go out of country to obtain it.

I wonder it this is just a division 4 rule since all confirmed reports of it has been for the northeast (one for Phuket not counted).

I will take a wait an see approach to Korat doing the conversion to a non immigrant visa for retirement extensions. If it is like Bangkok and CM before they stopped doing them it will mean 2 trips to get it done because the approval has to be done at the division level.

I wonder it this is just a division 4 rule since all confirmed reports of it has been for the northeast (one for Phuket not counted).

I will take a wait an see approach to Korat doing the conversion to a non immigrant visa for retirement extensions. If it is like Bangkok and CM before they stopped doing them it will mean 2 trips to get it done because the approval has to be done at the division level.

Its only 327 km from KCI to Savannahket closer than Bangkok for that O-visa.