Why?

Anthony5

Please explain why I'm trolling and offensive.

You ever seen them in a civilized country? You think they are efficient for cleaning a house?

Sorry but I grew up in better hygienic standards.

555 trust me I am a pretty good cleaning freak & have lived under a mom as a kid that made us clean places none ever saw.

Yes in the West we used stiff bristle brooms which were great at flicking dirt all over as you swept.

This Thai style broom works period.

Why we dont see them in what you call the civilized world?

Beats me....maybe 3m etc has a lock on brooms wink.png

Why is the title of your post........My answer is why ask why if your already closed minded about any answers.

This thing will cost you 20-50 baht....try & see if it is something good or not.

The topic of the thread is finding broom handles, not brooms.

You think after 22 years in Thailand I haven't noticed and tried these brooms?

They are fine to clean outside, but inside the house they are not, since they lose their hairs and are inefficient.

I use a vacuum cleaner to clean the dust from the floor and walls, after which I use floor wiper Floor%20Wiper-CP2.jpg with a micro fiber cloth to clean the floor with water.

The wipers and the cloths are brought over from Europe, but it isn't so convenient to bring these woo.jpg over as well.

Curtain rods are pretty solid, I have used these for different gardening tools brought over here from Europe minus handle. However to make them fit you need a wood vice, a spoke shave and about 10 years of experience. I ordered one digging fork from the UK and the handle broke in 6 months. It wasn't even ash wood. Replaced with curtain rod it is stiill going strong after two years.

I will occasionally bodge a piece of bamboo on to a tool, knowing full well that it won't last long. If you take any old piece of bamboo then it may break very quickly.

• Like 1

I have a collection of bamboo handles which are in great shape.

It's normally the sweeping heads that go first..............................wink.png

Yup, most of Wifey's brooms now have bamboo handles, cheap and easy to replace.

It's normally the sweeping heads that go first..............................wink.png

And easy to cut open your hands.

I have recollections of a post on TV last year by an English bloke asking on behalf of his Thai wife (they were living in the UK) where in the UK it was possible to buy a proper broom that are standard issue in Thailand.

She was pissed off with the bog standard English broom that requires two hands to use and a bent back, where as the Thai broom only requires one hand and no bent back.

Oh well. facepalm.gif

Never had that problem, the bamboo we buy is quite smooth.

You ever seen them in a civilized country? You think they are efficient for cleaning a house?

555 trust me I am a pretty good cleaning freak & have lived under a mom as a kid that made us clean places none ever saw.

Yes in the West we used stiff bristle brooms which were great at flicking dirt all over as you swept.

Why is the title of your post........My answer is why ask why if your already closed minded about any answers.

This thing will cost you 20-50 baht....try & see if it is something good or not.

They are fine to clean outside, but inside the house they are not, since they lose their hairs and are inefficient.

I use a vacuum cleaner to clean the dust from the floor and walls, after which I use floor wiper Floor%20Wiper-CP2.jpg with a micro fiber cloth to clean the floor with water.

The wipers and the cloths are brought over from Europe, but it isn't so convenient to bring these woo.jpg over as well.

Basically what you want to say is things in Europe are better than things in Thailand and you will disagree with anyone who says they are not.

I have a pvc pipe filled with sand and epoxy which is stronger than any wood you can produce but that is not to your liking. OK I get it. You think broom handles in Europe are better. They aren't, as any one can make a stronger one here except, apparently you.

• Like 1

Basically what you want to say is things in Europe are better than things in Thailand and you will disagree with anyone who says they are not.

I have a pvc pipe filled with sand and epoxy which is stronger than any wood you can produce but that is not to your liking. OK I get it. You think broom handles in Europe are better. They aren't, as any one can make a stronger one here except, apparently you.

Don't even try to accuse me of Thai bashing, because the topic of this thread is, DECENT WOODEN BROOM HANDLES. Not pvc pipes filled with sand nor flag poles from China.

Go away Kelly

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Never had that problem, the bamboo we buy is quite smooth.

Yep, same here.

I normally end up with one stuck in my rear so I can do the sweeping as well as any other job they want to throw before the end of play.

Ne'er a complaint of a splinter so far....................wink.png

tongue.png

Edited by chrisinth

Don't even try to accuse me of Thai bashing, because the topic of this thread is, DECENT WOODEN BROOM HANDLES. Not pvc pipes filled with sand nor flag poles from China.

Go away Kelly

Thailand does not have good beef, good broom handles or snow. Most of us learn how to make do and think of alternatives. Some of us just like to complain. I offered you a viable alternative as have many others in this thread but you reject all information in favor of whinging.

"Why is it impossible to buy in Thailand an even half decent wooden broom handle?"

Sorry don't understand what your after ? I always buy wooden handles, they are on all the brooms and mops [have 6].. Local hardware store @ 20 baht each these days, some go back years when they were about 14 baht each.. the hardware store also has many other type of wooden handles, have one on my spade, another in the rake..

Go away Kelly

Thailand does not have good beef, good broom handles or snow. Most of us learn how to make do and think of alternatives. Some of us just like to complain. I offered you a viable alternative as have many others in this thread but you reject all information in favor of whinging.

Why does he call you Kelly?

What do you call him?

I like how lads here can even argue about Broom Handles.....its priceless.

Where else could you go in the world to see grown men spitting the dummy over everything and anything.

Pity there's notbaway to inflict real pain upon each other. It would be a hoot !

• Like 1

wow64, on 13 Jan 2015 - 15:15, said:

Black Man is a very good cleaner. No home should be without one.

Yes I agree they make a fine selection of household cleaning products.

I see many shops are packed full of these fine products from Suk Soi 3 to Soi 11.

If anyone doesn't have a Black Man to clean their home get one.

• Like 1

"Why is it impossible to buy in Thailand an even half decent wooden broom handle?"

Sorry don't understand what your after ? I always buy wooden handles, they are on all the brooms and mops [have 6].. Local hardware store @ 20 baht each these days, some go back years when they were about 14 baht each.. the hardware store also has many other type of wooden handles, have one on my spade, another in the rake..

As I said I bought a decent one 20 years ago, and still use it today, but these days in Pattaya and surroundings they are unfindable.

I bought 6 months ago 10 piece at Hardware house Rayong at 20 baht each, and was happy like a kid that got a new toy, but they are thinner and seemingly from another kind of wood as the last of them broke today.

All of my brooms in Thailand have had bamboo handles.

The handles out live the rest of the broom every time.

You have a problem with bamboo?

Why?

The bamboo ones I have had in garden tools all rotted, and they have knots which gives you blisters.

I also don't need them for a broom, but for floor wipers and scrubbing brushes, which needs pressure applied.

Edited by Anthony5

....it's because soft wood wooden broom handles will be eaten by the termites in no time . . .

....It's also because there is no fir or birch wood in Thailand. So all wood handles are made of some heavy medium hardwood. much too thick and much too heavy.

... it's because they think, farang wood handles for brooms suck. We make Thai wood broom handles. mutt better

....it's because they have always used rusty steel or bamboo as handles. From their grand-grandmother days thru now.

.......it's because there are no Mothers of Invention to be found in Thailand !

• Like 1