Does New Version Tacoma in US Equate to New Version Vigo in Thailand

kokesaat

I've been anxiously awaiting an update to the Vigo.......I'd like to cash in my 6.5yr old for a new model. I saw this today in a stateside paper......is it safe to assume 2015 will finally see a new generation Vigo??

http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/local/article/Toyota-unveils-redesigned-Tacoma-6009991.php#photo-7378535

No Big engine yet again.sad.png

Nope, just new 2.2L and 2.8L diesels this time.

Is that a cheaper tax band then .. the reason for decrease in CC?

Under the current excise taxes, the decreased capacity make no difference at all - next year when it changes to a CO2 based system it might make a difference though - but that all depends on whether they get under 200gm/km.

• Like 1

The Hilux in US was replaced by the tacoma. Essentially they have a different frame — the Vigo continues on a Hilux type frame the Tacoma has a Prado type.

However as a Toyota they share all sorts of parts and components with each other.

The Vigo and the hilux are classified as "mid-size" pick ups.

In Thailand the engine options on the Vigo (Hilux) are limited to 3 litres or less, whereas in many other countries the 4 litre is offered similar to that of the Tacoma.

Styling is from Toyota and although I don't think they share a single panel in common (could check the windscreens?0 they DO share the same corporate image.

Toyota US will also give a higher spec in accessories , etc.

The Hilux in US was replaced by the tacoma. Essentially they have a different frame — the Vigo continues on a Hilux type frame the Tacoma has a Prado type.

However as a Toyota they share all sorts of parts and components with each other.

In Thailand the engine options on the Vigo (Hilux) are limited to 3 litres or less, whereas in many other countries the 4 litre is offered similar to that of the Tacoma.

Styling is from Toyota and although I don't think they share a single panel in common (could check the windscreens?0 they DO share the same corporate image.

That's different to what I've been lead to believe, From what I've been told, the Hilux & Tacoma platforms became totally diversified upon the split, and the insider secret is that the Prado actually uses the IMV platform (same as Vigo, Fortuner and Innova), just under a different name.

Until some journo somewhere gets a Toyota exec or engineer to spill the beans, it's all just rumors & speculation though ;)

Edited by IMHO

That's different to what I've been lead to believe, From what I've been told, the Hilux & Tacoma platforms became totally diversified upon the split, and the insider secret is that the Prado actually uses the IMV platform (same as Vigo, Fortuner and Innova), just under a different name.

Until some journo somewhere gets a Toyota exec or engineer to spill the beans, it's all just rumors & speculation though wink.png

As an occasional "insider" I think you are wrong - the Vigo fortuner and Innova are as you say, the IMV range and made in Thailand - the Prado and 4 Runner have more or less the same chassis as the Tacoma. no of these were made in Thailand. not sure what you mean by "totally diversified" - no company does that with any models.

Edited by wilcopops

You don't need a big engine, check out what BMW are doing with the i8.

OK but just does not sound right, a supercar ? sports car with a 1.5 lt 3 cylinder engine sad.pngmad.gif.pagespeed.ce.z6RtN005qsrqHQ4roTc

Next they will offer a Rolls Royce with a 1.8 lt engine cheesy.gif

• Like 1

OK but just does not sound right, a supercar ? sports car with a 1.5 lt 3 cylinder engine sad.pngmad.gif.pagespeed.ce.z6RtN005qsrqHQ4roTc

The i8 is hardly a supercar - these days, 0-100km/hr in 4.4s is barely a sports car ;)

There's a vid on youtube with Rory McIlroy driving an i8, well he could afford a few.

The i8 is hardly a supercar - these days, 0-100km/hr in 4.4s is barely a sports car wink.png

Guess the 'these days' is the key........ now I remember a true sports car and 0-60 [these days 0-100 km/hr] was 9.1s and that was fast.. the good old 3.4 XK140 Jag

The i8 is hardly a supercar - these days, 0-100km/hr in 4.4s is barely a sports car wink.png

Guess the 'these days' is the key........ now I remember a true sports car and 0-60 [these days 0-100 km/hr] was 9.1s and that was fast.. the good old 3.4 XK140 Jag

Yep, times have changed ;)