Can I force someone into psychatric hospital?

nicobangkok

She may be 30 yrs old but some Thai-women tend to have the emotional maturity of a 15yr old...Thai-men even younger. This all explodes up from under the carefully constructed facade while under extreme emotional duress,such as the 'break-up' scenario. This is only the tip,after this guilt-trip the real psychotic-break will take place...when "love" turns to hate....and lets hope you are NOT around to be found......escape into the pre-dawn fog.......

When you have been reading Thai Visa for a while you will notice

stories like yours pop up by brave people like you on a regular

basis (how many more get left untold) for me to hear your story,,

i think, so what, nothing new,, the girls learn their Oscar winning

performance from all the soaps they watch on tv and try it out on

you and see where it goes, like a little child they throw a tantrum

until they get their way,, then you give in,, then it starts again.

You said.....she is not into the money - it has nothing to do with

the money,,,BULLSHIT,,,,KEE KWAI...it has everything to do

with the money because without it she couldn't get up to do

her tantrums,, get out before we read about another falang

suicide either poisoned or fell from the balcony or hung

himself with his hands tied behind his back,,,,pathetic..

Run little rabbit RUN

• Like 1

Hey bud,

I had the same problem with my ex girlfriend, she did the same and went onto our second floor balcony with a box of knives I had hidden from her, the roof was shingles and I had no idea it would not take my weight, I went crashing through and got cut up really really bad and had to have allot of stitches, she calmed down and went to the hospital after I had to drive myself there bleeding like crazy, after I was out she did the pill popping and it scared me, the hospital did nothing for her, I finally moved and got a new number and told her friends to watch her, she finally stopped after a month or so, so you have to let it go bud, she is not your responsibility ok, I know you have a good heart like me, I am American and we Americans have huge hearts for this kind of stuff, but I had to let it go and it will work out for you ok.

Let me know if you need anymore advice brother.

Jeremy

I owned one of the first 'Beer' Bar's in Pattaya back in 73-78 - you don't know how many times I have heard this story, even back then. Most "suicide attempts" consist of the Thai Girl drinking a bottle of whiskey and cutting the back of their arms, or lightly cutting many times on the underside - of the ...say...fifty of these, I only knew one death and this girl was young, pretty & really in love - she got drunk & jumped off the ferry going to Ko Lahn and couldn't swim. The reason I am telling you this is Thai chicks all watch soap operas - and they are ripe with broken hearts, drunk girls, suicides crashing cars etc etc etc - its mostly all show, but if her alcoholic state causes her to believe she doesn't want to live anymore, there is little you can do about it. Bring her Mother down, give Mom the money and have her take her home. If she doesn't listen to Mom, kick her out, and move, seriously or you will become the target, and there are plenty of 'Macho Macho Man' Thai's that she can convince (she is Thai after all) that you did her wrong and will want to 'get even' (I have seen that as well, poor guy was completely innocent, those long term Pattaya residents may know him, A Dutch guy broke uop with his Thai Girlfriend, they threw gasoline on him and set him on fire)...............as a Devil Dog said - Run Forrest Run.wai2.gif

This is what happens when you use people and throw them away like a piece of garbage. You said you were leaving her. Why did you hang around and torture her?

My god....are you serious? No one can be this dumb.

Did you marry the first girl you ever dated? The second? The third? If not, why did you hang around and torture them? And use them and throw them away like garbage? Or have all the women in your life left you?

I am 100% calling TROLL on this comment.........

Nico, a few observations:

1. While it is possible for a person to be involuntarily committed in Thailand, this requires a determination by a psychiatrist that the patient is an imminent danger to him/herself or others. This woman has been seen by health professionals who did not believe that to be the case.

2. As you are not married to her or a blood relation,m you have no legal standing as regards her care.

3. The behavior you describe is not all that unusual among Thai women after a break up. Histrionics and acting-out, even to great extremes, not unusual. Something the doctors who treated her probably took into account.

4. The root cause of this behavior is the hope it will cause the partner to reconsider and not end the relationship. While your intentions are good, you may actually be feeding that with your concern and continued involvement. In other words, to an extent, it is working, and thus she is likely to continue it.

5. While it is natural to want to be able to break up with someone without deeply hurting them, it is frequently not possible.

In other words, since you are sure you want to end the relationship, the best thing you can do is......end it, and break off contact with her as any contact is apt to encourage her to hope, which in the long run prolongs her pain.

If you hear something that leads you to think she is going to harm herself, call the police or an ambulance and do nothing more than that. Don't go with her to the hospital, don't hover about showing concern. It will just reinforce the behavior.

Yeah, I am not sure where this notion comes from that in the west we can force someone into psychiatric care. At least not in America. It has to be done by a Dr. as well, or in certain cases, the police can send you on a "5150" which is a psychiatric hold. Often times they do this instead of taking people to jail if they believe they are suffering from a mental disturbance. Citizens can't just force other citizens into psychiatric wards.

This is what happens when you use people and throw them away like a piece of garbage. You said you were leaving her. Why did you hang around and torture her?

Did you marry the first girl you ever dated? The second? The third? If not, why did you hang around and torture them? And use them and throw them away like garbage? Or have all the women in your life left you?

I wasn't trolling. She was obviously very committed to you and you should have realized that and extricated yourself quickly, but you didn't and you are now paying the price.

I wasn't trolling. She was obviously very committed to you and you should have realized that and extricated yourself quickly, but you didn't and you are now paying the price.

First if all, I am not the OP and this is not my situation. I was simply commenting on the stupidity and absurdly judgmental nature of your post.

Maybe he was committed to her and then he decided she wasn't the one. People are allowed to do that. Clearly he cared for her. .... Would not have been with her a full year otherwise.

Then again, no bother trying to reason with someone like you. You sound like a guy who has really been put through the ringer by women over the years.

Edited by inbangkok

First if all, I am not the OP and this is not my situation. I was simply commenting on the stupidity and absurdly judgmental nature of your post.

Maybe he was committed to her and then he decided she wasn't the one. People are allowed to do that. Clearly he cared for her. .... Would not have been with her a full year otherwise.

Then again, no bother trying to reason with someone like you. You sound like a guy who has really been put through the ringer by women over the years.

I wouldn't expect you to understand based on your initial response to my post but I thought I'd try to explain. My point is that people seem to go through people. When they've had enough, it's on to the next one, with very little regard for the people they leave in their wake. That seems to be a very common thing. It doesn't make it OK, just because many people do it. Moving in with someone is a commitment. He thought he could drop her and quickly go on to the next one but it didn't quite work out that way.C'est la vie or som nam na or whatever.

I wouldn't expect you to understand based on your initial response to my post but I thought I'd try to explain. My point is that people seem to go through people. When they've had enough, it's on to the next one, with very little regard for the people they leave in their wake. That seems to be a very common thing. It doesn't make it OK, just because many people do it. Moving in with someone is a commitment. He thought he could drop her and quickly go on to the next one but it didn't quite work out that way.C'est la vie or som nam na or whatever.

Are you on drugs? Where did he say any of the nonsense you are spitting? All of this is pure speculation on your part. You know nothing more than what he has told us. Put down the pipe...... Seriously....

1zgarz5.gif1zgarz5.gif1zgarz5.gif

Absolutely no more of the insults. Flamefest officially over. Post nicely or not at all.

The OP's decision to end the relationship is not the topic. The topic is what, if anything, he can do about behavior that seems to him to indicate a psychiatric problem.