quick question on 90 day report in chiang mai

kevindorian

Ee indoors went yesterday afternoon,she said there were 30 numbers ahead of her at 3.40 she was out at 4.20 longer than normal but individual processing times quite good.

Her form was printed automatically by the guy that processed her report whereas the person standing next to her went through the normal hand written process.

Ee indoors went yesterday afternoon,she said there were 30 numbers ahead of her at 3.40 she was out at 4.20 longer than normal but individual processing times quite good.

Her form was printed automatically by the guy that processed her report whereas the person standing next to her went through the normal hand written process.

It will take time for her to become a 5 minute in and outer, like her mentor. biggrin.png

It will take time for her to become a 5 minute in and outer, like her mentor. biggrin.png

She says it's many years since I took as long as 5 minutes. Personally I think I can't remember!

• Like 1

In the last 12 months, it usually took me about 15 to 20 minutes total time to do my 90 days report in the afternoon.

But the last one on DEC 30 ( at about 1 pm ) took about 2h30 hours. about 70 people before me in the queue.

The process was quick at the desk as they scanned my passport and printer the receipt. Did not even look at the photocopies. Only at the stamps in my passport.

It was longer for some doing their first 90 days reports as they had to enter information in the computer.

Also some people were doing report for more than one passport.

Also the was only one officer signing the receipt and looking at the passport. The other one , possibly a clerk ,was doing the printing and computer check.

They were relax and smiling !

last week my 90 report was processed by my super agent within one day,biggrin.png

dropped my passport into her office before 10am..then cantered over to the ram hospital for a routine check up,then for a nice graze with beerlao dark for desertsmile.png

shortly after 3pm picked up my passport, so had a very enjoyable gallop out, doing my 90 day report

a brilliant good morning to allsmile.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

just so everyone knows I went

yesterday

i arrived at 130pm and there was 20 people ahead of me

from 1 to 18 it took about 30 minutes to go through them all

but person 18 and 19 took an hour

so I was out of there about 3pm, not sure why it took so long for those two people, took me about 5 minutes

once I got up to the counter.

just so everyone knows I went

yesterday

i arrived at 130pm and there was 20 people ahead of me

from 1 to 18 it took about 30 minutes to go through them all

but person 18 and 19 took an hour

so I was out of there about 3pm, not sure why it took so long for those two people, took me about 5 minutes

once I got up to the counter.

Mobile phone break?

• Like 1

Visiting Chiang Mai Immigration on any day at any time, on whatever kinds of business and how long it takes to get served has become a matter of pop luck. It`s like the famous Clint Eastwood line from the Dirty Harry movies; uh uhhh, first you have to ask yourself a question; do I feel lucky, well, do ya punk?

The most irritating problem I find in there is with morons pushing in the queue. They discretely slide up to the front of a queue, pretending to be naive and oblivious and craftily handing their papers over the counter hoping no one will notice..9 times out of 10, especially if the moron is elderly, the officer will accept their paperwork without question leaving the rest of us peasants standing there like spare one`s at a wedding. I am sure that one day tempers are going to explode in there and all hell will break loose.

For my next 90-day fiasco I intend to use the post option for the first time. Considering that many wise and learned Thai visa members have recommended this option, than surely it can`t go wrong?unsure.png.pagespeed.ce.E7Vo3qsmeCzX6elX

In the last 12 months, it usually took me about 15 to 20 minutes total time to do my 90 days report in the afternoon.

But the last one on DEC 30 ( at about 1 pm ) took about 2h30 hours. about 70 people before me in the queue.

The process was quick at the desk as they scanned my passport and printer the receipt. Did not even look at the photocopies. Only at the stamps in my passport.

It was longer for some doing their first 90 days reports as they had to enter information in the computer.

Also some people were doing report for more than one passport.

Also the was only one officer signing the receipt and looking at the passport. The other one , possibly a clerk ,was doing the printing and computer check.

They were relax and smiling !

They were relaxed and smiling?? What??

Besides the 90 day reporting procedure being nonsensical, to have to wait for 2-1/2 hours to comply with this requirement boggles the mind. Your report along with countless others, point out how dysfunctional CM immigration is regardless of who the ringleader of this circus is.

I recently completed my yearly visa renewal at CM immigration. I had an appointment which required getting up in the middle of the night to make on their broken web site. It still required me to spend over three hours at the immigration office to complete the yearly renewal and multi-entry stamp. The CM immigration office should be an embarassment to the Thai government but compared to their police, they actually look professional. Thanks cnx355 for sharing your experience.

Personally I think I can't remember!

That's a bit of a George Bush oxymoron, innit? tongue.png

I always found it best to go after 3pm either side of the weekend (not Friday or Monday) and either side of any holidays. That is, if I didn't mail the thing. But, op, if you are the type that enjoys sitting around aimlessly and reading books amid myriad miserable, sweaty bodies, like a certain member here used to, then get there about 11:00. wink.png

I'm just curious, but why are you guys using agents or going to the office when you can do it by post, am I missing something?

Maybe they have more money than sense.

regards Worgeordie

I don't think that's applicable WG.

They may or may not have money to spare, but like everyone else guesting here they are free to choose how they spend it and I'm not really sure why others are bothered about it at all?

• Like 2

I'm just curious, but why are you guys using agents or going to the office when you can do it by post, am I missing something?

regards Worgeordie

They may or may not have money to spare, but like everyone else guesting here they are free to choose how they spend it and I'm not really sure why others are bothered about it at all?

Joe,asked a question,I gave an answer ,which i thought was acceptable,and i am not

bothered how they spend their money,if people have to walk through life with someone

holding their hand,its up to them,but they should not be allowed to pay for a service that

disadvantages others ,it should be a level playing field for everyone when applying for

Visa's ,,and extensions. even you yourself in an earlier post, told them to mail it in.

regards Worgeordie

regards Worgeordie

Joe,asked a question,I gave an answer ,which i thought was acceptable,and i am not

bothered how they spend their money,if people have to walk through life with someone

holding their hand,its up to them,but they should not be allowed to pay for a service that

disadvantages others ,it should be a level playing field for everyone when applying for

Visa's ,,and extensions. even you yourself in an earlier post, told them to mail it in.

regards Worgeordie

Yes, I think it's far easier and cheaper to mail it in and to do the annual extension via online appointment.

No hassle whatsoever. But there are people who for various reasons of their own do need or prefer the service of others whilst available and are happy to pay for it. Yes some people do need a hand and I see nothing wrong with that. If people shouldn't be allowed to pay for a service 'that disadvantages others', then this is something that needs sorting out by immigration, (who currently don't seem to mind if it does disadvantage others), but this point seems to be constantly overlooked and I wouldn't hold my breath. The Visa agents could not operate to the great extent that they do (100% successful) if they were not working very closely with immigration in one form or another.

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

I did it by post until they said no can... so then went in person ... then we had the "Curly hair girl" era of 5 minute reports then statred going at 4:pm and quick... but now back to SLOW as the fun loving duo now manning counter 2 plod along. I will return to the post option.

Edited by daoyai

I went to immigration for a 90 day yesterday, relaxed, not in a hurry, arrived between noon and 1:00 pm, parked and walked down to airport plaza for lunch. I ambled back to immigration at 1:15, got a number, noticed that there were 53 numbers ahead of me. I thought it might not be too bad, after all I had my kindle, but after 10 minutes the three stooges had not called a single number. I immediately walked across the road, drove to ATV, presented my passport and 1,000 baht, 5 minutes later I had a receipt in hand and a promise that it would be done today. The agency called today, I picked up my passport. Job done, no muss no fuss.