This sub forum has gotten more civil....?

dave_boo

Well I guess the way this thread degenerated into petty bickering answers the OP's question.

But the entertaining tangent about NAZI and SCUBA got me thinking ......

Is CBR an abbreviation in the same way that GS means on/off road in German?

A quick Google suggests that "CB" is the Honda term for an in-line motor - but can a single be "in-line"?

And RR is apparently 'Racing Replica' - so I guess one 'R' means 'Racing'?

But what about 'CRF' and the 'ER' in ER6n?

In reply to the headline OP, very obviously an emphatic NO!!...Some of you guys did a great hatchet job on yet another newbies thread...[Weak front end] ..Absolutely uncalled for bullying yet again

Why are so many [most] newcomers treated with such contempt and uncivil rants?...It is not a personal blogsite for a select few old hands...it is an open forum... sad.png

• Like 2

In reply to the headline OP, very obviously an emphatic NO!!...Some of you guys did a great hatchet job on yet another newbies thread...[Weak front end] ..Absolutely uncalled for bullying yet again

Why are so many [most] newcomers treated with such contempt and uncivil rants?...It is not a personal blogsite for a select few old hands...it is an open forum... sad.png

Personally I have a low tolerance for insipidness. Combine that with a curt manner of talking and I guess one could assume it's bullying.

What really gets me though is the fact that a LOT of answers can be found with a search. It gets a bit repetitive answering the same things over and over again. Case in point...why is it every 2-3 months we have to tell a n00b that importing whatever motorcycle is a BAD idea?

Personally I have a low tolerance for insipidness. Combine that with a curt manner of talking and I guess one could assume it's bullying.

What really gets me though is the fact that a LOT of answers can be found with a search. It gets a bit repetitive answering the same things over and over again. Case in point...why is it every 2-3 months we have to tell a n00b that importing whatever motorcycle is a BAD idea?

Yes, i do agree with you on noobs etc as you say a lot of info can be found with search and if they are insipid ,one only needs to not bother reading them and /or not commenting on them....To me though the ongoing BS that another lost / bored soul who has already started his nonsense on here today was a prime candidate in destroying a thread that had interest for certain people who indeed .like you and I dont want to read repetitive insipid threads.......

He either must be on bad drugs or just needs them poor guy..If the thread was way beyond his comprehension, as it well appears that it was, he could have just not bothered commenting...Anyway just another one of many newbies who give up in disgust.

He did tell me though that your own travel tips/routes were of use to him.

Yes, i do agree with you on noobs etc as you say a lot of info can be found with search and if they are insipid ,one only needs to not bother reading them and /or not commenting on them....To me though the ongoing BS that another lost / bored soul who has already started his nonsense on here today was a prime candidate in destroying a thread that had interest for certain people who indeed .like you and I dont want to read repetitive insipid threads.......

He either must be on bad drugs or just needs them poor guy..If the thread was way beyond his comprehension, as it well appears that it was, he could have just not bothered commenting...Anyway just another one of many newbies who give up in disgust.

The ignoring posts works both ways. The n00bs can take advantage of it also.

There have been posts from people in the past that I've taken them to task over; even if they were people I've rode with or could be considered a mate. And there are some on here who have quite a high, in my opinion, noise to signal ratio in their posts that I'll call out and then a thread over like one of their posts. And I'm sure I've pissed off enough people; that's the facts of life.

• Like 1

I didn't get any sense of "bullying" on the weak front end thread. There was some "heated" debate btw GarryJohns (the OP) and papa al but no bullying that I could read.

noobs have a tendency to attack and disrespect oldies in this forum just to get some credits, attention and approval. like a small kid.

so, there is noob and there is noob.

if someone comes and disrespect me here, noob or oldie, i just retaliate.

I didn't get any sense of "bullying" on the weak front end thread. There was some "heated" debate btw GarryJohns (the OP) and papa al but no bullying that I could read.

OK not really bullying i guess, but a hell of a lot of BS and pathetic attempted mockery...And to his credit it appeared that Garry johns did not lower himself to the same BS in reply ....He left the thread and forum and closed it instead....

A shame as it did have an interest...

noobs have a tendency to attack and disrespect oldies in this forum just to get some credits, attention and approval. like a small kid.

so, there is noob and there is noob.

And i will do exactly the same, ...but comeon this guy was never disrespectful to anyone......

^

yep. dont understand why that thread was closed.

I saw just before it was closed after some jerk made pathetic gay references to a reply to him from myself offering to show him some hospitality if he came to C/M.....garryjohns asked after that for mods to close it...they did just so.

^

I saw just before it was closed after some jerk made pathetic gay references to a reply to him from myself offering to show him some hospitality if he came to C/M.....garryjohns asked after that for mods to close it...they did just so.

Yep that was me...laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png ,people are way to serious on here nowadays always complaining that members gang up and attack other members ,i don't think that happens at all ,yes trolls will be attacked a little but they deserve it,there is also a few on here i think that keep running to the mods complaining and it leads to to much moderation and more threads being closed.

as you said andrea its an open forum and you have to take the banter that goes with it.....

• Like 2

^

Well I also got quite angry at him when he called us low intelligence people, but I can see my post has been removedwhistling.gif

I also don't take any shit from nobody but do try to be polite but don't always succeedbiggrin.png

Had some warnings from moderators over the years but never been banned, yet.

You are right when you say; veteran posters don't own the forum and being a veteran poster don't necessary mean an expert on bikes/riding technics and so on.

I for one are not a very good rider anymore since I had a 4-5 year break from big bikes, so I am practicing again on my just purchased big bike and are taking it easy here in the beginning.

Generally, bike forum has been better in 2015 than it was in 2014 when it was at an all time low.

Just post what you want man and don't take any shit, fight back, at least you don't risk a fist coming flying out from your monitor and hit you in the face. wink.png

^

Yep that was me...laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png ,people are way to serious on here nowadays always complaining that members gang up and attack other members ,i don't think that happens at all ,yes trolls will be attacked a little but they deserve it,there is also a few on here i think that keep running to the mods complaining and it leads to to much moderation and more threads being closed.

as you said andrea its an open forum and you have to take the banter that goes with it.....

Yes, it was indeed you.....Didn't worry me at all ...you are what you are. rolleyes.gif ..and i''ll give as much as i take...not everyone is as resilient as I.....but you calling my offer of hospitality to the guy who had been unfairly hatcheted [in my view] as an effort to help a fellow rider/countryman try and enjoy his holiday trip/ride around Thailand ,as ''gay'' and your reasoning is that it is ''banter'' is rather immature at best...there is a time and place for everything...this was not either of those.

He obviously didn't see it that way and neither did I...he chose to go on about his adventure without having to be insulted by you and another peculiar 'banterer'w00t.gif

I am here for the long haul and i will give and take with all........

Edited by andreandre
  • Like 1

I love this forum, while our overall business profits tops over 1.7 million THB a month. I just figured that some person's cannot handle it...

The good part is I not give a shit, I not sell anything commercial, and not offer any services to anybody in Thailand...

Edited by Richard-BKK
  • Like 1

^

just for the record i didn't say or call any one gay,simply made what i considered a funny sarcastic reply of quote..."sounds like your looking for a gay meetcoffee1.gif "..........you were both moaning on how your not gonna post on here any more and you would be willing to meet up or private pm each other ...i can't help it if some people haven't got a sense of humour....laugh.png

^

just for the record i didn't say or call any one gay,simply made what i considered a funny sarcastic reply of quote..."sounds like your looking for a gay meetcoffee1.gif "..........you were both moaning on how your not gonna post on here any more and you would be willing to meet up or private pm each other ...i can't help it if some people haven't got a sense of humour....laugh.png

Sorry my friend, you should be careful who you call gay... I personally have nothing against gay people but in some countries including Thailand it is illegal to refer to a regular person as guy.... Maybe you should study the defamation cases in Thailand more closely... I will by law I can request your IP address from the website and they have to provide it otherwise I can block them from Thai access... how funny is that?

• Like 2

I also don't take any shit from nobody but do try to be polite but don't always succeedbiggrin.png

You are right when you say; veteran posters don't own the forum and being a veteran poster don't necessary mean an expert on bikes/riding technics and so on.

I for one are not a very good rider anymore since I had a 4-5 year break from big bikes, so I am practicing again on my just purchased big bike and are taking it easy here in the beginning.

Generally, bike forum has been better in 2015 than it was in 2014 when it was at an all time low.

Just post what you want man and don't take any shit, fight back, at least you don't risk a fist coming flying out from your monitor and hit you in the face. wink.png

I evenly broke down the dates when people that replied to this thread joined into three groups. So you have your veterans, mid-termers and forum newbies. Interesting where everyone falls; I can't see that those of us who fall into the 'veteran' category can really be accused of acting as if we own the forum. Obviously if you had a different nick previously that wasn't counted (except for ll2 who everyone knows what his nick used to be).

soihok...................2004-04-04
bung.....................2005-08-30
dave_boo.............2006-03-01
Briggsy.................2006-08-02
JonnyF.................2007-04-20
moe666................2007-05-03
WitawatWatawit...2007-06-15
macknife..............2008-03-31
BSJ......................2008-06-26
guzzi850m2.........2008-10-08
taichiplanet..........2008-11-03
seedy...................2008-04-14
eeeya...................2009-09-28
taninthai...............2010-05-01
Shurup.................2010-07-31
ll2.........................2010-09-28
wantan.................2011-04-19
Gweiloman...........2011-10-26
possum1931........2011-12-05
DILLIGAD............2012-05-17
OmegaRacer.......2012-06-30
Nebula.................2012-07-18
andreandre..........2012-12-01
papa al.................2013-02-17
RubberSideDown.2013-03-20
H1w4yRida...........2013-06-17
Showbags............2013-11-01
Phra Ek................2014-07-25
garryjohns............2014-10-28
speedthrills...........2014-11-24
James Yayo.........2015-01-15(? not sure as he deactivated his profile)
22.6% of the posters in this thread are "veterans". 41.9% are 'mid-termers'. 35.5% are 'newbies'. Look through the list and see where the people you have problems with lie in relation to time on this board.
Surprised?
  • Like 1

^

Just for the record, i myself did not moan or suggest in any way ,shape or form that i was not going to post again....i have just come back on after 4 months exile....you really think i am going again already? ...Also the one and only post to the OP regarding a PM was to say that i would PM him and offer some local info IF he wanted it ....IF and WHEN he was in C/M .No such BS as willing to meet up or anything more than that.... Your comprehension skills are as bent outa shape as your sense of humour...w00t.gif

Anyway life goes on, for all...enjoy it while you have got it......i certainly aim to do just that....

Edited by andreandre

^

Sorry my friend, you should be careful who you call gay... I personally have nothing against gay people but in some countries including Thailand it is illegal to refer to a regular person as guy.... Maybe you should study the defamation cases in Thailand more closely... I will by law I can request your IP address from the website and they have to provide it otherwise I can block them from Thai access... how funny is that?

Lol two pretty random posts from you with in 10 minuites....don't what your post about your bussines profits is about or how it relates to the thread........and read my comment again before you make ridiculous and sill y replies.....

I evenly broke down the dates when people that replied to this thread joined into three groups. So you have your veterans, mid-termers and forum newbies. Interesting where everyone falls; I can't see that those of us who fall into the 'veteran' category can really be accused of acting as if we own the forum. Obviously if you had a different nick previously that wasn't counted (except for ll2 who everyone knows what his nick used to be).

soihok...................2004-04-04
bung.....................2005-08-30
dave_boo.............2006-03-01
Briggsy.................2006-08-02
JonnyF.................2007-04-20
moe666................2007-05-03
WitawatWatawit...2007-06-15
macknife..............2008-03-31
BSJ......................2008-06-26
guzzi850m2.........2008-10-08
taichiplanet..........2008-11-03
seedy...................2008-04-14
eeeya...................2009-09-28
taninthai...............2010-05-01
Shurup.................2010-07-31
ll2.........................2010-09-28
wantan.................2011-04-19
Gweiloman...........2011-10-26
possum1931........2011-12-05
DILLIGAD............2012-05-17
OmegaRacer.......2012-06-30
Nebula.................2012-07-18
andreandre..........2012-12-01
papa al.................2013-02-17
RubberSideDown.2013-03-20
H1w4yRida...........2013-06-17
Showbags............2013-11-01
Phra Ek................2014-07-25
garryjohns............2014-10-28
speedthrills...........2014-11-24
James Yayo.........2015-01-15(? not sure as he deactivated his profile)
22.6% of the posters in this thread are "veterans". 41.9% are 'mid-termers'. 35.5% are 'newbies'. Look through the list and see where the people you have problems with lie in relation to time on this board.
Surprised?

I'm absolutely not supprices but we have new rules and laws in Thailand, and anybody has to behave... If not we can drag you to court ... welcome to Thailand 2015 (I will use it, but hell I will not like it)

^

This is true...and better still can also earn you a bunch of fives to the face if your game enough to say it face to face to probably any man.......Now that would be funny tanintai. laugh.png