Shocker ! ! ! Andrew Drummond Leaving Thailand

Gonzo the Face

Andrew will enjoy the fresh air and freedom of expression being back in the UK and can continue to sell his stories on the low life scammers and con merchants in Thailand. They will soon discover the game has reached a new level.

I see that they claim he faces a case on Jan 29 (today) and that if he fails to turn up they will start legal proceedings in the UK. That should be interesting not to mention expensive.

Maybe a chance for a self proclaimed lawyer to get his chance to appear in gown and wig at the Bailey?

I am sure Andrews diary is filling up with plenty of freelance work.

Edited by Jay Sata

These at T-UK say they would love to have him join their community, sounds like a club for exiles.

Also sounds like there's some cross-posting from members here... Methinks they doth protest a lot!

People posting on more than one forum? surely not, that's a real 'shocker' cheesy.gif

One less Farang in Thailand. Take some more with you buddy.

How about you next? Iam pretty sure AD contributed far more to Thailand than you ever will.

But is he banned from here, and why if he is such a good contributer?

He still posts here.

One less Farang in Thailand. Take some more with you buddy.

How about you next? Iam pretty sure AD contributed far more to Thailand than you ever will.

But is he banned from here, and why if he is such a good contributer?

He still posts here.

Yes but not under the Andrew Drummond, the flying sporan and all the other log ins he has had. Seems he had to sign up yet again for some reason a couple of years back. After his TV 'expose' any link to his site was deleted, so it looks like all has been forgiven.

Edited by dragonfly94

A guy in his fifties ( I believe ) trying to start a new life in the UK with a young family. <deleted> - loony tune stuff.

Out of all the things you could have picked to pick-on you chose that? Yeah, how freakin' weird, wacky and loony-tunes - nothing crazier than that... except maybe your thought process.

My thought process is very sound - there's not many men I know that would have put themselves in that position. What doubly condemns this guy is that he has spoken for years about the need to go to the UK, and he waits until he's in his sixties to make the move? absurd. I hope he has pots of money or he's in for a serious shock. He'll find out for himself soon enough.

If he feels it's right for his family, good on him. Sensible thing to do.

Who's to say he doesn't have money? Can't assume he's broke.

Plus journalists can work from anywhere these days.

Anyway, love him or hate him, he's been a popular talking point on here.

Big nuts to expose some of these scumbags like he did.

Life goes on, Drummond leaves and another will take his place.

• Like 1

Andrew Drummond is a prime example of someone who has wasted their best years in Thailand. I'm happy for him that he has a beautiful family and new life to look forward to in the UK, but he'll realize very soon the magnitude of the mistake he made staying in Thailand as long as he did.

Nonsense!

Drummond didn't waste his best years in Thailand... he thrived here.

He found just what he was looking for in life. Something like the Wild West with the floozies and the rogues.

The time came to get outta Dodge.

Andrew Drummond will be the judge of that - and he is in for multiple shocks over the next few months. One of them will be the general disinterest and disdain for, the time he spent in Thailand. He'll find there's no pot of gold waiting for him at the end of this rainbow.

And lets for a moment assume he is in any way correct about having to leave Thailand in fear for his life - or for that matter in fear of a tidal wave of lawsuits. How about his wife and children? are they never to see their homeland again? or if so - without Daddy in tow?

He's made a complete and utter a*se of it. A guy in his fifties ( I believe ) trying to start a new life in the UK with a young family. <deleted> - loony tune stuff.

Wow, I bet you're fun down at the local. biggrin.png My children are British. I am British. I work and always have done for the British media with whom I am in contact on a daily basis. What on earth makes you think I do not know what the situation is in Britain as if I have not been there in 24 years, and what is all this nonsense about the kids never seeing the 'homeland' again. This is quite clearly a site from which people click on to the Daily 'We are all going to hell in a handbasket' Mail to cheer themselves up.

I have been seeing a lot of British youth recently. I'm impressed. Much more well rounded that some of my generation. Most have become disenfranchised with Thailand. I will of course be shocked by the British weather - arctic blizzards on the way - but then again so is the Daily Mail - every year.

I see you have lost the ability to read -

And like all other long-term expats, you are deluded if you believe you are on the ball with daily life in the UK.

Multiple shocks await you. smile.png

^^^ you're assuming Drummond hasn't been home in a long time, doesn't have work to return to and has no money.

The guy has had a 20 year successful career in Thailand, he's not stupid.

He could have just skipped the border to any nearby country but he chose UK.

^^^ you're assuming Drummond hasn't been home in a long time, doesn't have work to return to and has no money.

I wonder why? - anyway, getting boring now.

All the best, Andrew - I hope things work out for you.

• Like 2

Actually I did skip the border to a nearby country, then going to another nearby country and then to the UK. I could easily stay in a nearby country but that would not be good for the kids. Thought a quick tour with the kids would be nice before I hit the blizzards. There are of course people who knock the UK of course and times change. But certain essentials do not.

I don't know why some blokes are bad-mouthing the UK. It's a great place for a well-known media personality, like Andrew Drummond to land.

Ever heard of Karl Pilkington? He makes $300K a year for saying stupid small-minded things.

How much do you blokes make????

Edited by SiSePuede419

I liked reading Drummond's site.

He exposed some nasty fraudsters operating in Thailand.

Hope things work out for him future and look forward to further updates

• Like 1

Actually I did skip the border to a nearby country, then going to another nearby country and then to the UK. I could easily stay in a nearby country but that would not be good for the kids. Thought a quick tour with the kids would be nice before I hit the blizzards. There are of course people who knock the UK of course and times change. But certain essentials do not.

So now you wanna talk to me?

All good, no worries and all the best.

I don't know why some blokes are bad-mouthing the UK. It's a great place for a well-known media personality, like Andrew Drummond to land.

Ever heard of Karl Pilkington? He makes $300K a year for saying stupid small-minded things.

How much do you blokes make????

Hey I laughed at Karl also, but what's he got to do with a journalist in Thailand?

Karl might have made 300k a year for a year, 2 max, but now he's back in the real world.

So very possible I earn more.

I liked reading Drummond's site.

He exposed some nasty fraudsters operating in Thailand.

Hope things work out for him future and look forward to further updates

It sure beat reading about tons of rice going bad in a shed like we have been for 2 years already.